food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

Te gusta?

IMG_3621.jpg

Seems like they are packed in layers.

The first layer of this jar was almost exclusively pequins.

I the layer I'm on now is almost all tepins.

The heat is like mini firecrackers but the burn doesn't last more than a minute.

Tasty little bastards!

Weird!

I see "Peppers in Brine". It's written right there on the label.

My brain says "Capers in Vinegar".

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.

I am either distracted by my own avatar, or the effects of three days without hhwiskey are kicking in.

They're distributed out of Houston.

Packed in El Salvador.

They're just weird like that.

Tastes like pickled to me.

Ingredients are

Pequin
Chiltepin
Onion
Carrot
Vinegar
Water
Salt

Damn you, Mama' Lycha.

Why don't you sell that in Miami???????

Scovie, why is your avatar a 3-legged Unicorn, and why is his Phallus so big?

so, a lot of what I'm growing are those little (chil)tepins & pequin peppers ... i'll spare you all the story, but it was a mission to try to find clones that resembled the peppers that come from this wild pepper bush in Miami that our shop foreman hits up for me before he returns from MIA when he visits family ... now they've mostly grown out into pods, and they aren't the same ... there's a chance the 'wild brazil' seeds from pepperlover will pan out to be similar to the wild one's from MIA, but i'm not holding my breath ...

as for the little tepins, chiltepins, pequin etc ... not the kind of peppers i like ... i seem to really like the hab's and the ts's a lot more than most of the other hot pods ...

D and I were just talking about how i'm going to have to grow a bunch of new plants ... this time from seed instead of buying seedlings ...

why is this relevant? because i don't like those little peppers raw ... so i guess i'll try to pickle some ...

=)

Got some scotch fillet marinating at the moment in a mix of chilli, coriander, cumin, paprika, garlic, little salt and pepper. Going to throw some different ideas together and see what i come up with.

Have a crack at making some tortillas or somthin like that as well

Ok so where should this be................ Tex-Mex, General Taco, Who Knows?

Anyway, as i said earlier, started with some marinated scotch fillet, cut up some onions, red capsicum and pineapple and threw it in the pan. Added some paprika, cumin and the marinade mix for the steaks.

SDC11363.jpg

Never made tortillas before, but do make a lot of rotti/naan, so made up a mix of dough and made about 20 Flour Tortillas, came out ok i think

Crazy in the kitchen all pans on deck

SDC11365.jpg

Stack of tortillas, beef

SDC11366.jpg

Onion, capsicum, pineapple mix, jalapenos, cheese and The Sauce (this was made up on the spot) Consisted of a mix of sour cream, horseradish and sweet chilli, tasted damn good.

SDC11367.jpg

1 tortilla, 2 tortilla, 3 tortilla, MORE!!!!

SDC11370.jpg

SDC11372.jpg

Holy smokerella Booma!

The tacos look fantastic.

The tortilla's look awesome just on their own and good eat them just dipped in salsa.

Pineapple is always welcome on tacos. Beef, pork, chicken, seafood, it doesn't matter, its good!

Can we entice you to give us your tortilla recipe?

They look very gordita stylesque or even like a thinner naan.

Did you roll them with a pin or use a press?

I love that sheeit!

Awesome tacos Booma!!!!
And The Sauce sounded really tasty too!!!! Gotta try that combo sometime!

I'm with the guys....MORE NAAN!!!!!!!! :D

BOOMa!

Damm straight them Tacos look outstanding! Not a fan of Horseraddish, but I would eat that!

Great job on the tortillas.

What exactly is "Scotch Fillet"?

Scovie ~ scotch filet is another term for what Aussie's call a ribeye.

CJ ~ Back in the day not all that long ago when I ate a lot of bread, I'd deep fry salmon and put it on a baguette po' boy style with lots of tartar and lemon squeezin's. Same for halibut. Fishtaculous it is!

And they don't say fill ay they say fill et. How dare they say it like it's spelled. :lol:

Tacos looks slammin' almost like the Navajo fry bread tacos.

Holy smokerella Booma!

The tacos look fantastic.

The tortilla's look awesome just on their own and good eat them just dipped in salsa.

Pineapple is always welcome on tacos. Beef, pork, chicken, seafood, it doesn't matter, its good!

Can we entice you to give us your tortilla recipe?

They look very gordita stylesque or even like a thinner naan.

Did you roll them with a pin or use a press?

I love that sheeit!

Ok tortilla recipe suppose to make 24, but I ended up with 18.

4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp lard
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups water

Sift flour salt powder, mix in lard, add water, divide into 24, flatten, cook

I rolling pinned em, need to get a proper press I think.

And THP is right Scotch Fillit is how we say it

Ok tortilla recipe suppose to make 24, but I ended up with 18.

4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp lard
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups water

Sift flour salt powder, mix in lard, add water, divide into 24, flatten, cook

I rolling pinned em, need to get a proper press I think.

And THP is right Scotch Fillit is how we say it

Boom shaka laka!

My basic flour tortilla recipe is almost the same but half that amount of ingredients.

I use a little more salt and have been 'sperimentin' with olive oil.

TB like!

Back