food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

So y'all I got all that pork leftover from this weekend and I shoulda' knowed that mrs. blues wasn't going to eat it but dang its taking up valuable fridge space and I hate to toss it. So what to do?

I dunno' so I just starting tossin'.

Black Betty + olive oil + garlic + onion + 'peno'.

IMG_3996.JPG

Cook it down and git dat poke up in 'dere!

I gave it a right proper dousing of Magic Scovie Chile Powder.

IMG_3997.JPG

Slap it on a flour tore tillah' and splooge it with Baja Sauce for maximum mojofication.

IMG_3998.JPG

Roll it up and spark it with some Mango Hab Sauce and splooge it again with BS.

IMG_3999.JPG

I swaller'd that 'thang like I was mad at it!

I have to make sure I start eating BEFORE I look at this shit. Heading out to dinner in a bit... Something Tex-mex ISH (give or take a region) it is!

Thanks much THP.

I shoulda' taken a cavity/money shot.

Tonight I'm eatin' leftover leftovers.

Maybe take another pic or 2.

But somebody tell JayWow I ain't puttin' no stinkin' lettuce on there.

Damn TB, each time you post your tortillas i get hungry, gonna have to start making em at least once a week.

Also whos got a good Mole recipe, had some at a mexican joint a little while ago, loved it

Fine way to rock the leftovers TB. Pure red hot blue and righteous chingon mojofication.

Hey Booma, how far away from Gassy are you? You guys ever hang out?

You got Mole downunda? One more reason Australia kicks ass.

Even tho Mole don't have no veggimite... Heh heh heh That would be Vole.

Is that Gasificada? if so, about 2000kms away, miles away.

Well only had mole once, at a "Authentic" mexican restaurant, very different dishes from our typical australian/mexican food. Mole, some form of cacti salsa, soft torillas that you made with all different ingredients, tongue tortillas

Our typical mexican joints sell hard or soft tacos that all taste the same and are bathing in cheese

Is that Gasificada? if so, about 2000kms away, miles away.

Well only had mole once, at a "Authentic" mexican restaurant, very different dishes from our typical australian/mexican food. Mole, some form of cacti salsa, soft torillas that you made with all different ingredients, tongue tortillas

Mole=Cacti salsa? Tongue tortillas? I mean I knew the water circles the drain in the opposite direction down there but jeeze louise!

Was it a green Mole? Did it have green chiles in it? Tomatillos? Very different Mole than what I make. Mine is the more traditional Mole with seeds, nuts, chiles and chocolate. I'll send you the recipe, the chiles, and the chocolate needed, if you promise to make it and post it.

Mole=Cacti salsa? Tongue tortillas? I mean I knew the water circles the drain in the opposite direction down there but jeeze louise!

Was it a green Mole? Did it have green chiles in it? Tomatillos? Very different Mole than what I make. Mine is the more traditional Mole with seeds, nuts, chiles and chocolate. I'll send you the recipe, the chiles, and the chocolate needed, if you promise to make it and post it.

Hahahaha, bad typing on my behalf. Little confusion. The tongue taco/tortilla was a special.

They had 3 types enchildas, all chicken or pork, Mole, Salsa Verde and Rojas. The mole was a very dark, just as you described, seeds, nuts etc, very different

The other was Nopales (cactus of some sort)

Hey, if you willin to put the stuff together, i'll definitely make it, (and plenty of pics) i loved the dish, the others on our table werent so keen, which was great for me, I ate em all. The only problem is i bet ya postage would be a little, but im willing to pay as long as it doesnt cost an arm and a leg

Hah! More leftover leftovers y'all, and after this and the pizza throwdown I will be done with meat for a good while.

IMG_4002.JPG

Once again, sauced and splooged. Well!

IMG_4004.JPG

Gratuitous body cavity search shot.

IMG_4005.JPG

I ate it like it was Tex-Mex dope!

IMG_4008.JPG

It was a stone groove!

Hah! More leftover leftovers y'all, and after this and the pizza throwdown I will be done with meat for a good while.

I'm sure you'll still manage to make some fine azz cookin with no meat. I look forward to seeing what you come up with...

You breakin from all meats? Fish is pretty alright and all being loaded with some good fats and what have you

Back