food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

wraps.jpg

Hands down.

Post of the month!

I am sorry, but I still don't get how my enchiladas are wraps. I mean how else do you make enchiladas but wrap them in tortillas place them in a pan, pour enchilada sauce on them, and douse them with cheese before baking? I appreciate a good joke, even at my own expense but this one is lost on me.

I am sorry, but I still don't get how my enchiladas are wraps. I mean how else do you make enchiladas but wrap them in tortillas place them in a pan, pour enchilada sauce on them, and douse them with cheese before baking? I appreciate a good joke, even at my own expense but this one is lost on me.

Actually classic enchiladas aren't rolled but are flat and layered.

Marfa, TX style.

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2008/07/marfa-and-plate-of-stacked-enchiladas.html

Borunda Cafe has been around since forever and is the Mecca of Enchiladas.

Their camera work is nearly as bad as mine! Ok, but WHO does not roll their enchiladas? Besides that place.

Ok from now on JayWow Enchiladas will be known as Enchilada Hippy Wraps. Happy THP?

Keep it up and I will come to WA and shove a JayWow Enchilada Hippy Wrap up your arse! BTW Scovie, did you get my post about your brick wall? $200,000 and some of CJ's microwaved fish ought to cover it.

For what it's worth i'll give you my 2 cents. I like my enchiladas rolled and a bunch baked together in a pan but this is not the way they were originaly made. Classic enchiladas are a flat tortilla, individualy prepared servings. Rolled in a pan is the norm in the U.S. some call an enchilada cassarole.

Enchiladas are soggy oven baked bean fajitas. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

You make them wrong then. Fajitas are flour tortillas. Enchiladas are corn and before you bake them you take tongs and dip the tortilla in hot oil, then quickly in enchilada sauce. Then wrap. Then sauce and cheese the top and bake.

take tongs and dip the tortilla in hot oil, then quickly in enchilada sauce.

That's what makes them soggy probably. It isn't hatred of the enchilada, it is only a personal preference. Wife loves them and tries them everywhere we go. I just don't enjoy them. Maybe its like lobster, I didn't like it until I had it prepared properly. I have tried enchiladas all around Texas and a several spots in Mexico. Just don't dig 'em.

In Texas, Fajitas are corn or flour. Depends on who is eating them, what the occasion is, what meat is being served etc...

I don't like Menudo or Tripas either. You guys are gross.

Maybe I just have issues. I sincerely apologize to all of my fellow Texans.

Fajita's are grilled skirt steak.

There are no other kine.

No such thing as chicken or shrimp fajita's.

And always flour tortilla's.

Invented in the Rio Grande Valley.

Fajita's are grilled skirt steak.

There are no other kine.

No such thing as chicken or shrimp fajita's.

And always flour tortilla's.

Invented in the Rio Grande Valley.

I see where you are coming from. Technically what I am speaking of is "tacos" = anything shoved in any kind of tortilla.

I see where you are coming from. Technically what I am speaking of is "tacos" = anything shoved in any kind of tortilla.

I'm all about tacos.

I like to be liking making my own tortilla's too.

This weekend I'ma be makin' some hippy style whole wheat flour tortilla's.

Maybe load 'em up with salmon.

I love fish tacos.

hahahahahaha

Nachos are just broken Tostadas.

Burritos are just tacos made with giant tortillas that get the ends folded in.

Taquitos are just deep fried burritos.

and Mole? yep, you guessed it... just another Salsa.

rule #773.871.4900 B/S. Can't put anything on the internet that isn't true

Taco's are pretty much the number one best food ever. I like wings and I like taco's PERIOD. A few beers with either, and I could die happy.

If you add queso to a taco is it then tex-mex? Tex-mex confuses me :think:

Damn I frickin hungry

Back