• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii smackdown

lee said:
Great Fatalii #1. I always remove growth below the Y intersection, but very nice to see how it would look.

What are the benefits of that? Does that help it branch out faster? I'm getting buds forming in my new growth from under the Y.

UnNatural said:
What are the benefits of that? Does that help it branch out faster? I'm getting buds forming in my new growth from under the Y.

With pepper plants, it isn't necessary to prune in any way (biologically speaking), however, as most growers become acustomed to doing a certain thing a particular way, aesthetics play an even bigger role than reason. Hell, there are plenty of things that I do myself that I couldn't begin to explain and Im sure there are no further reasons for those things than to simply make me feel better. I suppose one could argue that it provides for better airflow within the branches, but then again when not growing indoors, the plants get all the circulation they need. Also, pruning the larger leaves on the main trunk will let more light into the lowest nodes and create more branches to shoot out...

Good looking plants so far guys!:)

Let's try this one more time. I'd like to thank the THP academy and the man above for giving us the genus Capsicum, because without it all our food would be bland. I'd also like to thank all my sponsors, Prmeier Hort. the makers of Pro-Mix and Neptune's Harvest organic fertilizers. I'd also like to thank my family for putting up with me and all my pepper plants, this afternoon my eldest daughter graduates from H.S., congrats Abigail. And to the supplier of my Fatalli seed, pablo! So without further ado, First Ripe Fatalli Smackdown Champion Pod.:clap::cry::fireball:
IMG_2555.jpg

gorgeous pod PRF...and congratulations my friend...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Let's try this one more time. I'd like to thank the THP academy and the man above for giving us the genus Capsicum, because without it all our food would be bland. I'd also like to thank all my sponsors, Prmeier Hort. the makers of Pro-Mix and Neptune's Harvest organic fertilizers. I'd also like to thank my family for putting up with me and all my pepper plants, this afternoon my eldest daughter graduates from H.S., congrats Abigail. And to the supplier of my Fatalli seed, pablo! So without further ado, First Ripe Fatalli Smackdown Champion Pod.:clap::cry::fireball:

Good looking "first ripe pod" PRF, but live it up while you can.;)

There is some mighty fine competition that have challenged along the way, and I want to thank everyone who participated in this Fatalli Smackdown. All the grow logs and photos of everyones progress was amazing. Everyone who grows the Fatalli chiles are the real winners. Thank you for all the seeds and forum THP. June 5th harvest of Datil to the left, Fatalli to the right, couple small 7 Pods up top, and a Yellow Pear tomato below.:hot:
IMG_2562.jpg

Way to go PRF! I just picked my first lemon drop yesterday. Perhaps I shall do the Smackdown next year - muahaha!
c.

UnNatural said:

Definitely agree with Pepper-Guru. The reason why I prune some plants is that the lower area receives less light, branches grow very slowly as the canopy get more dense..

Like PG said they actually don't need to be pruned or whatever to grow into nice plant. but hey I like to try things and do some experimenting to learn more about growing :D

Congrats Cappy! You definitely earned that win. Now you get to reap the rewards of all of that hard work. Burn baby burn!

Well, even though PRF won the comparison, I will continue to post pics of my Fataliis until I get ripe pods on them...hope you guys don't mind...

Fatalii Pod...probably not too far from ripening..

060609g001.jpg

Red Fatalii Pods...these plants are going to be huge producers...

060609g002.jpg

found my first Chocolate Fatalii Pod...and there are a few smaller ones too...the Chocolates seem to be taking longer to set pods than the other ones...

060609g003.jpg

and here is an overall picture of Fatalii Row....

060609g004.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
Well, even though PRF won the comparison, I will continue to post pics of my Fataliis until I get ripe pods on them...hope you guys don't mind...

The comparison is really just beginning, so keep posting your progress everyone. Hell, I'm still picking flowers off some of my fataliis

AJ I concede the win on the chocolate fatalii's to you, congrats. Having another year of experience, along with all the help this place provides, I shall endeavor to whup your Texas hiney next year. I will too. Oh yes, you will be mine. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:hell:

I'll pick up where patrick left off and continue the Chocolate Fatalli comparison AJ. Mine are 3 weeks behind yours but I have those same roundish long peppers on my Chocolate. Like Potawie said please keep posting your Fatalli progress. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Back