• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii smackdown

Aji Chombo said:
Nice photo, MrArboc. Like the water drops on the leaves! :)

Can empathize with you about the weather. Liverpool has only just had its first truly sunny weekend after 10 days of gray clouds, rain, and temperatures around 10-15 celcius...:(

Thanks. Seems like we have the exact same weather except I'm still waiting for that sunny weekend:)

Here's my Fatalii#1 again, just over 5 months old
3626118969_890f70e4c2.jpg

My Chocolate Fatalli is starting to show some color. Don't know much bout this pepper but so far I like the pod size and shape. Seems to be an abundance of peppers forming on this plant as well. Cannot wait to try one for the first time.:fireball:
IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

The comparison was only for the regular yellow Fatalli, all others are just side bets. I got this seed from AJ and I'm sure that we have the exact same seed. I think patrick has a plant but don't know of many others. Wonder if saving seed will work if this is a hybrid or not?

I'm glad I can now join this party. I've been following this thread for quite some time. My Fataliis are finally coming!

This plant is from seeds courtesy of scoville. It was planted in early January, survived my rockwool stupidity, too much nutes as a seedling, aphids, lack of early light, cold and just basically refused to die no matter what I did to it. It's a warrior and also my 1st Fatalii to pod up.
minipict0714.jpg

When this pod ripens, I'll finally have my 1st taste of a Fatalii! :clap: I have been waiting for this ever since I first found out about this pepper about a year ago.
minipict0711.jpg

....more pics soon. Some Fatalii seeds I received from Cappy and planted in early March are not far behind!

Looks like your Fatalii has "overcome" BigT....congrats...they aren't as extreme as a 7 Pot or Bhut but they still have enough fire in them to make me wince...their taste is simply delicious...fruity citrusy to me....

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
My Chocolate Fatalli is starting to show some color. Don't know much bout this pepper but so far I like the pod size and shape. Seems to be an abundance of peppers forming on this plant as well. Cannot wait to try one for the first time

Mine are starting to produce too Cappy but I haven't noticed any blush of color on them yet...

caroltlw said:
Is that the winner in the chocolate category then? Or did I miss someone else's?

I have a few pods on but as I said, I haven't notice any change in color...but I didn't look yesterday...will have to check today when I get home...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I got this seed from AJ and I'm sure that we have the exact same seed. I think patrick has a plant but don't know of many others. Wonder if saving seed will work if this is a hybrid or not?

I got the seeds from Beth at Peppermania along with the Red Fataliis...the reds are ripening daily...

I found it one time but can't find it again...it was the crosses listed of what the chocolate and red fataliis were...I think it just listed the crosses as a Fatalii X Annuum...I will look again to see if I can find it...I definitely am going to save seeds to see if it will grow true next year....

AJ, I'm still dying to know how that red fatali tasted! Wast the fruitiness and heat there for you?

Edit! Damn! Missed the first line in your post AJ. Sorry to pester you...:oops:

Edit again! Damn! need to read a little slower..... Seems you were speaking of the standard fatali above....

So back to pestering! How was the red one AJ?

bigt said:
I'm glad I can now join this party. I've been following this thread for quite some time. My Fataliis are finally coming!

This plant is from seeds courtesy of scoville. It was planted in early January, survived my rockwool stupidity, too much nutes as a seedling, aphids, lack of early light, cold and just basically refused to die no matter what I did to it. It's a warrior and also my 1st Fatalii to pod up.
minipict0714.jpg

When this pod ripens, I'll finally have my 1st taste of a Fatalii! :clap: I have been waiting for this ever since I first found out about this pepper about a year ago.
minipict0711.jpg

....more pics soon. Some Fatalii seeds I received from Cappy and planted in early March are not far behind!

Where did you get these genetics? Doesn't have that signature Fatalii pod structure. Perhaps as the plant starts really kickin they will shape up.:?:

I'm pretty sure that AJ, Cappy and I have the same chocolate fatalii strain as I got my seeds from Beth at Peppermania too. I can't wait to taste them.

Pepper-Guru said:
Where did you get these genetics? Doesn't have that signature Fatalii pod structure. Perhaps as the plant starts really kickin they will shape up.:?:

It's a pretty small pod actually, the pictures make it look bigger than it is. I have the feeling it will stretch as it grows. Lets see what it looks like in another week, I'll post an updated pic.

FiveStar said:
AJ, I'm still dying to know how that red fatali tasted! Wast the fruitiness and heat there for you?

Edit! Damn! Missed the first line in your post AJ. Sorry to pester you...:oops:

Edit again! Damn! need to read a little slower..... Seems you were speaking of the standard fatali above....

So back to pestering! How was the red one AJ?

I tasted (read ate) the red fatalii at lunch...heat is more than an orange hab with the good fatalii flavor...its a keeper...

Fantastic! I'm in love with the fatali taste, and it's the plant I planted the most of this year. I may have to try and get hold of a few seeds next season. This one definitely looks more fatali-like than the chocolate fatali pics I've seen.

Personally I think that new pepper crosses should have different, somewhat unique names or just state the parent plants (Afather X Bmother) especially with an old African heirloom like the Fatalii(yellow), although I still call my red datils "redatils"

POTAWIE said:
Personally I think that new pepper crosses should have different, somewhat unique names or just state the parent plants (Afather X Bmother) especially with an old African heirloom like the Fatalii(yellow), although I still call my red datils "redatils"

Thats what we do in the cannabis world. :cool: Good thinking!

Back