• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

F'ing car got towed!!!!!1

Txclosetgrower said:
In all honesty, it's probably not worth the trouble. It's one of those cases where it's too small for the cops/court to give a shit, and you're not allowed to just whip someone's ass over it like back in the day. It would cost me 10x in lawyer cost & court fees than I'd make back on a settlement. Sucks but true.

small claims court, but I understand what you mean, but if they F'ed up your car then that might not be cheap to fix (latter quote)

Sickmont said:
They drag cars all the time. If the cars not supposed to be there, the thinking is "f*ck it, it shouldn't have been parked there in the first place".

I suppose some could or would but tow trucks do have little wheel dollies they jack the wheels up onto so no wheels of your vehicle are touching the ground, then you have the flatbed. unless you know what they used to tow your vehicle with you're only guessing.
TX talk to that neighbor that said they towed something last night (your car) & ask if they saw how they towed it.

imaguitargod said:
My 2 cents is, get it inspected by a mechanich for damage, call your lawyer. Do you have proof that they towed it?

ditto! & police report & maybe even the apartment complex knew ?

chuk hell said:
I'd talk to the apartment manager about it. They have a contract with that towing company and should be partially responsible when the tow company does that sort of thing. Maybe you can get a month's free rent out of the deal.

ditto!

imaguitargod said:
I know that, but if he sues then they might say, we never did that. Now all he has is his word that they towed it.

ditto!

TX - sorry to hear about the theft, because thats what they did! you had every right to park there. I'd try to take this as far as you can & nail it to them. but I understand time lost & money put into it might not be worth your time but what if they did F up your car ? something you need to decide for yourself.

good luck with the mafia ;) (tow company)

dude - never ever underestimate the personal satisfaction you can get from taking revenge on those arseholes that have wronged you

whilst I am not usually aggressive or angry by nature, those that f*** me up get it back, somehow, someway and it's a f***ing great feeling. I don't necessarily mean doing anything illegal. do it, return the favour! you'll see what I mean. forget that 'turn the other cheek' crap, these wankers deserve special treatment - they're in the wrong and they're still giving you attitude!?!?! payback time!

chilliman64 said:
dude - never ever underestimate the personal satisfaction you can get from taking revenge on those arseholes that have wronged you

whilst I am not usually aggressive or angry by nature, those that f*** me up get it back, somehow, someway and it's a f***ing great feeling. I don't necessarily mean doing anything illegal. do it, return the favour! you'll see what I mean. forget that 'turn the other cheek' crap, these wankers deserve special treatment - they're in the wrong and they're still giving you attitude!?!?! payback time!

:hell: times three infinite:hell:

chilehunter said:
I suppose some could or would but tow trucks do have little wheel dollies they jack the wheels up onto so no wheels of your vehicle are touching the ground, then you have the flatbed. unless you know what they used to tow your vehicle with you're only guessing.
TX talk to that neighbor that said they towed something last night (your car) & ask if they saw how they towed it.

Most tow companies nowadays have either rollbacks or wheel lifts or a combination of both so there's no need to carry those dollies anymore. Only the old strap style tow booms used those dollies. Besides, if his car was nosed into a wall or something, theres no way to lift the front of the car up to get those dollies underneath it there without pulling it out away from the wall. So either way it was dragged a little bit.

Just got off the phone with the investigator, he's going to cite the tow company. He said they'll probably fight it, in which case I'm his victim/witness so I'll probably have to go testify in court. Sweet.

Txclosetgrower said:
Just got off the phone with the investigator, he's going to cite the tow company. He said they'll probably fight it, in which case I'm his victim/witness so I'll probably have to go testify in court. Sweet.

Cool! Another witness! Welcome to the club!

Sickmont said:
Most tow companies nowadays have either rollbacks or wheel lifts or a combination of both so there's no need to carry those dollies anymore. Only the old strap style tow booms used those dollies. Besides, if his car was nosed into a wall or something, theres no way to lift the front of the car up to get those dollies underneath it there without pulling it out away from the wall. So either way it was dragged a little bit.

I never disputed that they may have dragged the car some, just I thought you meant they dragged it for some good length of time. neither is good if FWD.

Txclosetgrower said:

take 1 for the team, & take time off to stick it to these MF, not that it'll hurt their pocket cuz it wont, they inflict more damage to 1 person with fees than what the court will grant you - its sad. but I'd think of everything I could to pump'em with - whole days wage - & some for that big client you didnt get ;), have judge make them pay for vehicle check (at your choice of location)

around here tow companys are the mafia, its kinda funny watching on the news when major snowfalls (plowable) happen here, news show people waiting in line to get their car back. & be glad nothing was stoling

imaguitargod said:
Just a thought, you said you reposted it stole....did you call them back and tell them you received the car back?

Didn't report it stolen, reported it illegally towed. Told the officer everything in exact detail.

Ah well the MFs got me for real this time. Had just dropped a friend off at his house after rock climbing and parked in the wide open parking lot with probably 30 or so empty spaces. Stopped to watch a climbing video real quick and come back outside to a missing car. Fers. Well there goes $192 dollars.

I hope everyone who does, has, or ever will work for a tow company dies a horrible death, but not before being severely disfigured and screaming for the pain to stop. Either that or stop charging more than the f***ing cops do when I get a speeding ticket for stealing my car.

Oh, and to make things worse this time, my f***ing wallet was in my car since I can't exactly climb f***ing rocks with that thing in my pocket. So I couldn't even get a taxi to take me across town to get it back and my friend doesn't have a license right now. So my mom had to drive all the way into town (1hr +) to get it back at 11pm. Didn't get home til like 1:30 am.

Txclosetgrower said:
Ah well the **** got me for real this time. Had just dropped a friend off at his house after rock climbing and parked in the wide open parking lot with probably 30 or so empty spaces. Stopped to watch a climbing video real quick and come back outside to a missing car. F***ers. Well there goes $192 dollars.

I hope everyone who does, has, or ever will work for a tow company dies a horrible death, but not before being severely disfigured and screaming for the pain to stop. Either that or stop charging more than the f***ing cops do when I get a speeding ticket for stealing my car.

Oh, and to make things worse this time, my f***ing wallet was in my car since I can't exactly climb f***ing rocks with that thing in my pocket. So I couldn't even get a taxi to take me across town to get it back and my friend doesn't have a license right now. So my mom had to drive all the way into town (1hr +) to get it back at 11pm. Didn't get home til like 1:30 am.

Sorry to hear that. You really need to learn how to park and read those signs properly:lol::lol:

But seriously, this wouldn't have happened to be the same towing company that ot you before, would it?

Sickmont said:
Sorry to hear that. You really need to learn how to park and read those signs properly:lol::lol:

But seriously, this wouldn't have happened to be the same towing company that ot you before, would it?

Yep. Same one. MFs.

Good news though, my friend w/o a license said his mom is gonna give me a bit of cash for it since I cart her son around town and was giving him a ride when my shit got towed. Oh, and he's going to get me a parking sticker since he's not using his at the moment so hopefully this shit won't happen again.

Also when I had to sign the papers to get it released i noticed that there was a diagram of a car with circles on it and the # 3 marked next to it which corresponds to "Extreme". They had circled the front, back and both sides. Apparently this is to denote damage to the car taht was there already. I about shit a brick when i saw that since my car was NOT DAMAGED at all before. So I handed him back his paperwork and walked in and inspected my car.

No damage found but I think it's chickenshit that they can just claim damage in case some shit happens so their ass is covered. I was pretty pissed about that and let the guy know it. F***ing scumbags.

Txclosetgrower said:
Yep. Same one. MFs.

Good news though, my friend w/o a license said his mom is gonna give me a bit of cash for it since I cart her son around town and was giving him a ride when my shit got towed. Oh, and he's going to get me a parking sticker since he's not using his at the moment so hopefully this shit won't happen again.

Also when I had to sign the papers to get it released i noticed that there was a diagram of a car with circles on it and the # 3 marked next to it which corresponds to "Extreme". They had circled the front, back and both sides. Apparently this is to denote damage to the car taht was there already. I about shit a brick when i saw that since my car was NOT DAMAGED at all before. So I handed him back his paperwork and walked in and inspected my car.

No damage found but I think it's chickenshit that they can just claim damage in case some shit happens so their ass is covered. I was pretty pissed about that and let the guy know it. F***ing scumbags.

What signs were posted near where you parked? Was anything clearly marked? Do some investigating, then perhaps its time to speak to a lawyer.

Sickmont said:
What signs were posted near where you parked? Was anything clearly marked? Do some investigating, then perhaps its time to speak to a lawyer.

Honestly, this one is on me. I'm not so mad that they actually towed me, just the fact that they charge so f***ing much money, were such dicks to me on the phone, and their shady practices like I mentioned about marking up false damage in case damage does occur. My fault for parking there, their fault for being complete pricks.

Txclosetgrower said:
Honestly, this one is on me. I'm not so mad that they actually towed me, just the fact that they charge so f***ing much money, were such dicks to me on the phone, and their shady practices like I mentioned about marking up false damage in case damage does occur. My fault for parking there, their fault for being complete pricks.

Yeah, until the laws there are changed, the only thing you can do is avoid it at all costs. It sucks but its the nature of the game with towing companies.

One of my colleagues Fred never parks in the lines, I said to him yesterday 'Like the parking' and he said he had to park like that because he needs to be able to get out of the door (he's very big). Parking even slightly outside the lines will land you a parking ticket.

Back