First Attempt to grow peppers glog

Ok so I ordered some seeds off Ebay and I started to germinate them in December I had them in 2 inch cups till 4 days ago.  I still have 2 indoors and I also brought a ghost pepper plant indoors.  I picked up 4 ghost peppers from HD and a Carribean Red hot also 2 sweet peppers.  I have 12 total T M scorpion plants growing 5 are in the ground and 4 are in 5 gallon buckets and 1 in a bigger planter.  I would really like to know if the plants look healthy to you guys.  For some reason the Scorpion is long and skinny with smaller leaves.  

These are the ones in pots.  I think they might be over watered so I covered them today because it started to rain.  Notice the leafs curling up.

These are in the earth.  If they get big I will do my best to keep them alive when winter comes but I doubt they will survive.

This is the on in the bigger pot on my balcony

Ghost pepper and 2 scorpion indoors

ghost outdoors in 5gal

ghost indoors in moved him last nite

Im also growing some herbs tomatoes tomatillos edamame and a few other things.

So how do the plants look guys.  Thanks in advance

Why are your pics so tiny?
Your indoor potted look better than the others, but they don't look bad. Lay off the water until the soil is dry. Overwatering is my guess.

first mistake  E-BAY ! never order unless you know personally !  order from a reputable dealer . don't be shy just ask . you'll get all the help right here .    :onfire:

th.jpeg

sorry , but even with my reading glasses on i can't quite make out any details .  pictures are tiny ?      :onfire:

sorry about the smaller pics didnt realize i didnt have to use a picture hosting server.  I used imageshack and they want to charge 4$ a month to make the picture regular size.  fixed the picture quality
UdBW3L.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/354x629q90/538/bG0cWT.jpg

Rv6660.jpg
bG0cWT.jpg

o1yAhH.jpg
these are the ones in 5 gal pots

phcjIk.jpg
AFFr4F.jpg
269HHz.jpg
qiuiW5.jpg
these are in the soil

JlIt4M.jpg
lIKPDv.jpg
this is the one in the bigger pot on my balcony

pqTToO.jpg
ghost indoors
x7q8fi.jpg
ghost and 2 scorpion indoors

MPg8pb.jpg
ghost outdoor

Good start there mate, as someone already mentioned browse the forum here you will find quite few legit sites that sell quality seeds.

As for image hosting just use www.imgur.com its free and simple.

I ordered from e bay last year not one was what it was supposed to be very disappointed

LA 2 the Bay said:
what did you order and what did it turn out to be

My experience was lots of bell peppers and habaneros. Pics are much better. BTW. You'll eventually end up cutting those strings tying the plants to the stakes because they'll get in the way of growth. They're really not necessary until the plant starts setting pods and gets weighed down. That outdoor ghost looks like it could use some help. Am I seeing a nute deficiency, fert burn, or pest damage?

the nute is 18 4 10 i believe.   I think it might need calcium.  I just transplanted them 3 days ago.  Is the color and leaf curl on the "scorpion" ok?  I have the stakes in place because here were I live we get what we call the Petaluma winds coming in from the ocean so it can be unpredictable and I wouldnt want the plant to snap because of the wind.  I appreciate your help

18-4-10 at full strength? How often do you water? Were they all in 2-inch cups for three to four months? Sorry for the 20 questions game, haha. I would dial back your watering to at most once every week or when the containers become extremely light weight (water weighs a lot). When you do water, stick to 1/4 or 1/2 strength of your 18-4-10. Does that fert have micronutrients? Maybe one week fertilize with 18-4-10, the other week Cal-Mag foliar application.

Yeah they were in the the 2 inch cups since Late december till 5 days ago.  Thats what I was thinking cutting back on water.  I will let the pots get dry before the next water.  The fert does not have micro nutrients.  Does home depot sell cal-mag.  I know epson salt will provide mag right.

Phil said:
Gotta agree with these guys. Can't see the pics to make out details. When posting pics for imformation, always use the biggest picture option. Lots of us have high blood pressure and blurry vision when trying to read fine print! lol
ain't that the truth !    :onfire:
Phil said:

My experience was lots of bell peppers and habaneros. Pics are much better. BTW. You'll eventually end up cutting those strings tying the plants to the stakes because they'll get in the way of growth. They're really not necessary until the plant starts setting pods and gets weighed down. That outdoor ghost looks like it could use some help. Am I seeing a nute deficiency, fert burn, or pest damage?
don't forget the serranos !   :onfire:
LA 2 the Bay said:
sorry about the smaller pics didnt realize i didnt have to use a picture hosting server.  I used imageshack and they want to charge 4$ a month to make the picture regular size.  fixed the picture quality
UdBW3L.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/354x629q90/538/bG0cWT.jpg

Rv6660.jpg
bG0cWT.jpg

o1yAhH.jpg
these are the ones in 5 gal pots

phcjIk.jpg
AFFr4F.jpg
269HHz.jpg
qiuiW5.jpg
these are in the soil

JlIt4M.jpg
lIKPDv.jpg
this is the one in the bigger pot on my balcony

pqTToO.jpg
ghost indoors
x7q8fi.jpg
ghost and 2 scorpion indoors

MPg8pb.jpg
ghost outdoor
oh my friend , one issue is keeping them in 2" cups for 31/2 months , should of potted up to 16oz. solos after 2nd set of leaves , then final pots .  what lights and how close were they the whole time ?     :onfire:
IMG_0256.JPG

started these the last night of december ( tradition lol )  emerged the 2nd. week of january , so 2 1/2 months old .     :onfire:

jcw10tc said:
I have a feeling your morugas probably are something else.  morugas typically don't have skinny leaves like that but would look more like the ghost plants you have
Thats what I was also thinking upon closer inspection of the plants.  I am going to be numbed if they end up being bell pepper or a serrano.  I just used direct window light.  The sun would hit the window for about 8+ hours and then at night my fish tank light Led would come on so that would give it additional light.  I would water them with my fish tank water so kinda like aquaponics I guess.  Now I am worried they wont be scorpion peppers.  Man your plants look a lot bigger then mine.  SIZE DOES MATTER lol

moruga welder said:
first mistake  E-BAY ! never order unless you know personally !  order from a reputable dealer . don't be shy just ask . you'll get all the help right here .    :onfire:

attachicon.gif
th.jpeg

sorry , but even with my reading glasses on i can't quite make out any details .  pictures are tiny ?      :onfire:
Couldn't have said it better!
Looks like a lot of serranos.

CAPCOM said:
Couldn't have said it better!

Looks like a lot of serranos.
Dang it just googled serrano seedling and it looks more like that or some thai chili type plant.  Def not a super hot or even a habanero for that matter.  I think I did get some other pepper.  Man if it is so then that sucks all that time wasted on B.S  Im gonna keep growing them and see what it is.

LA 2 the Bay said:
Dang it just googled serrano seedling and it looks more like that or some thai chili type plant.  Def not a super hot or even a habanero for that matter.  I think I did get some other pepper.  Man if it is so then that sucks all that time wasted on B.S  Im gonna keep growing them and see what it is.

The ebay thing happens all the time to people. Then they find THP. :rofl:  So no worries, and hey if it turns out to be a serrano then Score! Although I hate to say it, Its prolly grocery store bell pepper. I got you covered for a true strain of Morouga I originally obtain from Jim Duffy.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:    The Petaluma winds!!! Yep, right around 3 or 4 in the afternoon they kick up to about 15-20mph everyday, dang near.   :D

hogleg said:

The ebay thing happens all the time to people. Then they find THP. :rofl:  So no worries, and hey if it turns out to be a serrano then Score! Although I hate to say it, Its prolly grocery store bell pepper. I got you covered for a true strain of Morouga I originally obtain from Jim Duffy.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:    The Petaluma winds!!! Yep, right around 3 or 4 in the afternoon they kick up to about 15-20mph everyday, dang near.   :D

When can i pick some of these Morouga up.  Because I lost hope for these plants except for the ghost and the Carib Red I have growing that can be seen in the background.  

Watcha doing tomorrow evening? I need to make seeds packs for two other people that I've been procrastinating on. Yea, so any evening is good for me.

Back