• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FiveSix's 2009 Grow log

Morning fake sun
april18012.jpg

5 Minutes later they are getting ready for 6 hours of real sun! and Fake wind! lol

april18015.jpg

56 that last pic is beautiful. Your plants all look healthy and happy. I really like the little new leaves growing out of the stem close to the substrate. Makes me think it's just about ready to explode with new growth.

Just been very unsatisfied with my camera work, I've been playing around a bit and now that I feel I know the camera better I might start reading about how to properly do this crap....... But anyway here's more pics for those who like teh pics.

Chilhaucle Negro needs pinching
april22soil005.jpg

april22soil002.jpg

polinatedflower.jpg

My rocotos are starting to bloom in the hydro room, I cant wait to see their flowers. Thanks for the compliment lee!

Your setup looks nice and the photos are very good.

Not being savvy about hydroponics, I wonder how the pollination takes place? Do you shake the plants or what?

Bob_B said:

Your setup looks nice and the photos are very good.

Not being savvy about hydroponics, I wonder how the pollination takes place? Do you shake the plants or what?

I hear that the pollen is best between the hours of noon and 3 pm, but anytime i flick the fower and i see pollen come out I assume that's enough to pollinate. When the plants really bushy with tons of flowers I give it a shake, seems to work just fine.

FiveSix said:
Just been very unsatisfied with my camera work,
I would be pleased with those pics if I were you.
I need to read at least something about settings myself. Most of my pics look like crap.
My chilhuacle negros look to be about the same age as yours, but not as large.

Yeah, the pics are great. A very impressive grow all around.

I should know this, but don't and am wondering what's up with the white square deals at the base of your plants that are in the waterfarms. Some sorta splash guard/deflector or root cover?

boutros said:
Yeah, the pics are great. A very impressive grow all around.

I should know this, but don't and am wondering what's up with the white square deals at the base of your plants that are in the waterfarms. Some sorta splash guard/deflector or root cover?

Yeah I bought them for my rockwool cubes for outside, but they come in a big pack and I tons of extras, Here's a pic of what they are. I mostly put them there b/c they are white and hopefully it will reflect and waste .000000000153% of my light lol.

714820.jpg

BlockCovers_250.jpg

Man looking really good! Your T.Scorp looks a lot like mine, seems to have the slightly crooked leaves while the rest of my plants are flat. Doesn't seem to mind having crooked leaves though, and they're green and growing fast. Maybe it's trying to scare me away from eating it? Lol

So are you liking the drip system or DWC better?

My drip system is kicking ass, I really like the coco/hydroton mix I'm using. Having a bit of problem keeping pH down as well, having to add pH down pretty often. I attribute this to the extraordinarily basic (9.6pH) tap water I have to start with. So far so good :)

Love those flower pics too.

Txclosetgrower said:
Maybe it's trying to scare me away from eating it? Lol

I don't think it's a coincidence that the superhots look so evil.:hell:

So are you liking the drip system or DWC better?

I think the DWC gets things growing much quicker, but the drip systems owns for mature plants from what I can see.

My drip system is kicking ass, I really like the coco/hydroton mix I'm using. Having a bit of problem keeping pH down as well, having to add pH down pretty often. I attribute this to the extraordinarily basic (9.6pH) tap water I have to start with. So far so good :)

Love those flower pics too.[/QUOTE]

My tap PH is about 7.5, I think the reason I needed to add PH down so much is because I was using 1/2 of seedling and then mild growth doses of nutrient. Peppers don't need that much plus they were young. Now that I'm adding half of the full doses it is keeping everything much more stable. In fact now the PH crashes when i need a water change :). My one plant in it's own waterfarm is drinking 1.5 gallons every 2 days.

Back