• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Frost warnings already?

The last 2 nights here have been below 10C and not too far away they've already had frost warnings. We're just finally getting some sunshine but these cold night and mornings are crazy. I've had to start bringing plants back into the greenhouse and this time of year it is not the best place for all day sunshine. Time to invest in chinese weather manipulation technology:)

Anybody else have cold weather to complain about?

you got to be kidding me...that cold already?...

man, I got to tell you...from my viewpoint with your short grow season, you really get the most out of it Potawie...you are one hell of a grower...

POTAWIE said:
The last 2 nights here have been below 10C and not too far away they've already had frost warnings. We're just finally getting some sunshine but these cold night and mornings are crazy. I've had to start bringing plants back into the greenhouse and this time of year it is not the best place for all day sunshine. Time to invest in chinese weather manipulation technology:)

God no not that cold that soon..iam surprised..yes i think we need a crack team of highly Ninja Naga Fighters to gatecrash the closing ceremony of the Olympics and steal there best weather tech..o and go to the local market checkout for any unusual varieties while where kicking some :D

We haven't had any frost warnings but sure have had some cool nights and mornings lately, can feel fall in the air. Only one carribean red was ripe-- son grabbed that yesterday when he came raiding the garden. Loads of green peppers on the plants but I'm sure not ready for anything cold as frost. Very strange weather.

Jackie

Keep in mind, after global warming, then comes global cooling which usually restults in ice ages. Talk to the US government, see if they'll lend you the use of H.A.R.P.

Is this a frost warning?
321069304rm9.jpg

Bwahahaha... just kidding! 37C today!

My friend Val lives in the Delaware water gap area(north nj) and she said it's been 44F to 47F every night lately and its supposed to be getting much colder soon.

It has been unseasonably cool here the last three weeks, that's why my toms have been very slow to ripen. But it is supposed to be in the low 90s for the next four days (normal high is 84) so that should help a bunch.

Mike

please don't tell me we are going to have an early fall/winter...we will have to put up with all those dang aussies and their gorgeous plants until plantout next year...

its just starting to get warm here now 29C today but then it's supposed to cold for a few days then back to being warm, it got up to 33 celcius a week ago without july even getting past 30 :(

but its been a cold summer 4 degrees below normal :( the weather channel said it was the second coldest summer here behind 2004 :P

Last week we had dump of snow in 10000 feet. Whole week the temp was in the 60's and rained sh*t load everyday. Luckily this week the temp has been summer like...thank goodness.

POTAWIE said:

Damn straight. August took a total powder here. It was 47 F. (8.3 C. according to my conversion calc)
when I got up this AM.

I just finished building a makeshift greenhouse on my deck. My Caribbean Reds just started to produce ripe pods. This weather sucks!

Actually I'm rather pleased at my design. I'm gonna take some pix and post em.

Sanj said:
Last week we had dump of snow in 10000 feet. Whole week the temp was in the 60's and rained sh*t load everyday. Luckily this week the temp has been summer like...thank goodness.

Dont think I recall ever getting 10000 feet of snow in one dump.

I bet shoveling the driveway was a real bitch ;)

POTAWIE said:

obviously we have the same weather :( invested in a heater for my outdoor hydro today. i have reports of as cold as 6C nightime the upcoming 5 days!

Back