• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ga GH's 2014 - The beginning

So it's official.

13866529297480.jpg

The 2014 season has just begun.

I planted the first six, on the right, 7 days ago. The second six a few days later.
13866529539951.jpg

First up is c. pubescen Canario.

More details later.

Just love the pubes!

Once they get going they're so beautiful! Yours are looking stellar!

I haven't been monitoring the hoop house the last few days, they (temps) have been like what I've already recorded. Tomorrow the temps go up, and it may hit 80° Friday. I do know that I have to wait until temps are above freezing at night, only seen a few degrees difference early in the day.

Keep it green!

GA Growhead said:
I built the set up last season to maintain plant life, but when started the annuums they popped like mad. With the side panels/doors on it stays around 78 to 82°F when the lights are on, which is about perfect. Didn't use any of the heat mats!
This year was the big test and it has worked out nice!
Now just gotta make room for everything!
The quest continues!

Move a few on the early starts down under the T5s.
Loving the pubescens. Beautiful plants.

Canario
13922335248771.jpg

Orange manzano
13922332948690.jpg

Jason these look fantastic! Love the big hair orange monzano! Bet the plant smells great.

HurtsGood said:
Great looking GH. Mine just started showing buds.
Good news! I got many throwing first buds!
HillBilly Jeff said:
Nice looking pants.  Wish I could have gotten my orange manzano to germ, but it just wasnt to be.  Good luck on your grow.
That's usually the story. I will make sure pods, if I get any, will be over ripe for seeds this season. Your on that list, so no worries!

So my glog was 4 pages deep. Time to update!

First flower of the year!
Mini rocoto
13931018632893.jpg

Bhutlah brown SLP
13931018734794.jpg

Just got a case of 3.5" square, 4.5 deep pots.
13931017050111.jpg

For these. Yep. Possibly two hundred there!
13931017212612.jpg

Potted up my bbg7 cuttings from last seasons grow into fox farm ocean forest. They are happy as can be. Have had them in suspended animation until then.
Going to have to hook up an additional light before the weekend is over I am afraid.

Hope everyone is fairing well!

Looking good Jason!  Love the deeper squares!  Got to get some of those sometime.  Nice pool of eager seedlings waiting for their selection to move on.

I showed my wife that outdoor park today.  She was impressed and it was crowded too.  I think there is one like it in Leander a small suburb near R.R.

Cool Flower!

Bring on the light!

Mike

Great update Jason! Love the look of the rocoto, but in pretty simile the bhuts are stealing my heart. Staying open minded for the 7 pots though.

That is a ton of little planters. What is the plan? I am going to have to swing by the hydro place soon and get a pack of half gallon pots to survive till April I think.

stickman said:
Great progress Jason, and nice score on the tall 3.5 inch pots. Where did you order them from? Square footage is in short supply in my downstairs grow area and there's no place for the plants to go but up...
OKGrowin said:
Where did you get the deep pots from? i got 3.25 in square and they seem a lot smaller than 16oz solo cups.
Search 3.5 deep square pots on eBay. It's from grower's solutions out of Tenn. I search for a while and that was the best deal I could find. Cheaper on ebay than their site and got free shipping on ebay too! It was a case of 450 for $74. Ended up with just over 475 when counted (had to count them :) ), so about 16¢ a piece... which isn't bad. Pretty durable, so should last many years. They are about the size of of a solo cup. Definitely fit nicer together than the cups which is much needed. And fit 18 in a standard 1020 tray! Well worth it.
capsidadburn said:
Looking good Jason!  Love the deeper squares!  Got to get some of those sometime.  Nice pool of eager seedlings waiting for their selection to move on.

I showed my wife that outdoor park today.  She was impressed and it was crowded too.  I think there is one like it in Leander a small suburb near R.R.

Cool Flower!

Bring on the light!

Mike
Been meaning to get over to the park to grab you a few Picts. Haven't made it yet. Back's been jacked since the last epidural. Adverse reaction, serious sciatic inflammation, everything freaked out. Just started to calm down two plus weeks later. :(
Between trying to run away from myself and staying busy, haven't made it yet. Will soon!
Pots are on point! and some filled!

Damn Jason! A lotta plants brother! I was just eyeing those Mini Rocotos today over at Semillas...hmmm. Will be watching that one for sure! Those 3.5" pots look to be about perfect too! Nice score on those! I use 3.5's also, but not quite as deep. Real pro stuff...you're going to have one helluva season for sure!

Thank you Adam, Trippa, Triple J, Jamison, Greg, Rick, Bill, Jamie, Okgrowing, Scott & Shane!
Hope I am not missing anyone there.

Trying to get the rest of the seedlings in the peat pellets potted. Started over the weekend. Doing a handful or so each night when I get home during this week. Having to put two to five per pot, in some cases, in either the 4" square or new 3.5" deeps just get through and to save space. Will be repotting them soon into individuals. Going to start the next round of chinense and go head with the annuums this weekend. :)
Gotta crash now, but wanted to try and respond quick like to everyone. Havent haf much THP time, but trying to skim thru the new post daliy.
Here are a few pictures from tonight.

Stefan's Pimenta Lisa.
13934799505168.jpg

And for Stefan too. Jalabanero!
13934794286362.jpg

Pink Tigers
13934798434577.jpg

Also needing to pot up this pimenta de neyde!
13934797210606.jpg

Digging this aji white fantasy!
13934793535751.jpg

Planted 13 seeds out of that giant white hab in posted a page or two ago. Wanted to see if I could get any seeds to germ from the frozen pods. Three up!
13934795173403.jpg

I think another mini rocoto. A different one any way. About to have flowers open on a few other pubescens too.
13934796656155.jpg

Bhutlah brown SLP again. Also have my largest jigsaw with similar buds.
13934796238784.jpg

And for you Shane...

BBG7 #1 cutting is happy and throwing out flowers, as are the other cuttings. This is as open as the flower can get with the over sized calyxes on this phenos.
13934793149560.jpg

Good night and Thanks again for everyone's supporting comments!

Back