• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Kentlad said:
You say lazy, but I would have thought bottom watering is easier than top watering? Can do more plants as once.
Lol! The laziness is not taking each individual plant out to set in the trays. Much easier in my set up to just broadly water everything, without removing any plants and then having to put them back. Of course i overwatered some by not checking the weights, but had most that i really cared for already outside by the time i started slacking. :)
Definitely checking the weight by hand gives the best indication if they need water. Hope you have happy plants!
WalkGood said:
Great pod starter pics, very good photoging mon! Very cool that you are growing a chocolate scorpion too, as long as no issues mine's setting up to pump a lot of pods sooner or later, hehe.
Thank you Ramon! Had get a choc scorp this year. Looks like that one is going to grow true shape wise, hope it turn brown! Your was looking killer also!
Devv said:
Glad to see the pods forming, it won't be long!

But never soon enough!
Oh so true!

My OW'd giant bhut has a pod. Didn't even know it.
13710000849010.jpg

The seeds came from PJ. I didn't think they were that giant, maybe they will grow bigger this year.

Choc barrackpore throwing out buds!
13710001019331.jpg

Plants. The driveway plants got kicked out and in there too. Still a couple little plants in the driveway, but every other pepper i have is in or behind there somewhere in this shot.
13710001172002.jpg

You got some pretty, happy babies Jason...I dig your beds, too! Very nice work!

I'm glad to see someone is growing the BOC...I got interested in that pepper when they first released it, but never got around to growing it...

Gary

windchicken said:
You got some pretty, happy babies Jason...I dig your beds, too! Very nice work!

I'm glad to see someone is growing the BOC...I got interested in that pepper when they first released it, but never got around to growing it...

Gary
Thanks Gary! Trying to keep em happy! With all the rain and high humidity, they are going off!!
I had to try the BOC after seeing it. Cool pod shape and orange color got me. Have 3 plants going. Have read it's stable, so time will tell for sure. Wondering if there will be orange overtones in the flavor as the breeder states. Definitely looks like a bhut though.
Remind me and i will send you some pods.
Jealous of the breakfast shot btw! I'm a cereal buff.
And broke out the cruiser this past weekend to wheelchair myself around!

Loving this 7 pot 007. Nice fat leaves!
13713049577006.jpg

Devv said:
Huge leaves on that baby!

Don't know what side of the woods you're on but it looks like you have some shade there ;)
Oh yeah Scott. Huge leaved on that choc barrackpore! My garden gets filtered sun till ten or so, then full till 2 or 3, then filtered again till sunset. Each part of the garden varies on the filtered sun from the trees. Works out pretty good. The new bottom plot gets more evening sun, and they are loving it!

Here is my reapers btw.
13713049845457.jpg

I guess you were posting while I was commenting LOL, more pics showed up.

Plants look great and pods everywhere!

Like the PI 441598 !

The WDT from doc via shane via smileyguy via SS is going off. Pods everywhere!
13713051083440.jpg

Devv said:
I guess you were posting while I was commenting LOL, more pics showed up.

Plants look great and pods everywhere!

Like the PI 441598 !
That little thing is full of pods!
A bunch more picts, posting one at a time! Thanks for helping breaking them up, so i don't need a bump yet!

Wild brazils getting bigger
13713051606351.jpg

7 pot chaguanuas
13713051748512.jpg

Red brain from yellow brain seeds, growing like crazy in the new bottom plot.
13713051899033.jpg

One for Vegas!
Choc big bang nagas. Taking off!
13713052033554.jpg

My biggest Jay's peach ghost scorpion
13713052347365.jpg

Bishop Crowns
13713052573546.jpg

Another baccatum, blonde.
13713052810107.jpg

BOC pod... I think. Pretty sure that what it is.
13713055374568.jpg

And my favor early pod so far....
Yellow BB douglah
13713072083619.jpg

Sorry Scott. :)
I am posting from my phone. I have lost my whole entry, when going back and forth to get the photo links to paste. Then have to start over. So now just post one photo at a time.
Done for the moment!
armac said:
You have a lot going on, you will be swamped with pods soon.

Looks great
Thanks Armac! Was thinking about you when i posted the 007! I'm going to have more than i know what to do with hopefully! Should be some gems in the mix too. Already figuring out where the chest freezer, that i will need to buy, is going to go. Dying to pull that first JB white pod, but trying to let it finish.

Looking great, Jason!  Love all the pods starting to form.  What is the BOC?  I just keep thinking "Blue Oyster Cult,"  hahaha! 

Glad to see all the pods on the WDT!  One of mine set it's first pod!  WooHoo!

Well everything looks great!

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on pics were just popping in there...LOL

So now that's three times in the last week we posted at the same time...

We have 2 freezers, a 26cf and an 11cf, both uprights, the 11cf is not frost free. It seems to be better about freezer burn.

DocNrock said:
Looking great, Jason!  Love all the pods starting to form.  What is the BOC?  I just keep thinking "Blue Oyster Cult,"  hahaha! 

Glad to see all the pods on the WDT!  One of mine set it's first pod!  WooHoo!
Bhut orange Copenhagen.
From a Denmark breeder. And anothrr protected breed too. Neat looking pod. Roundish orange with a big bhut tale sticking out of the round section, and i mean wide like a full size bhut sticking out. Hope my grow out like the pictures i have seen. First pod maybe not. :)
That is funny on the blue oyster cult! lol.
I keep thinking of boards of Canada, and call it that. Those who know, know what's up.
Devv said:
Well everything looks great!

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on pics were just popping in there...LOL

So now that's three times in the last week we posted at the same time...

We have 2 freezers, a 26cf and an 11cf, both uprights, the 11cf is not frost free. It seems to be better about freezer burn.
Thanks Scott.
That one double post was too fun. Same thought wave for sure. I am planning on the additional freezer. Thinking it's going to be a necessity, pull always have a crammed freezer as is. Extra space will be good, not just for peppers too (that's what im telling the wife!) .

was craving fresh pods and saw some yellow habs at the store. Only see them this time of the year. Awesome flavor, but minimal heat.
13713080065112.jpg

One of the guys at work brought these in for me to try. I ate about 7 chips and finally got some heat. They started off tasting like bbq chip, but just never went there. The added smoke flavor does that i guess. Im not a fan of bbq chips anyway, so these where not my favorite. But nice heat once i got into them.
13713079723920.jpg

Some lovely purple.
13713079918901.jpg

Had two plants start to grt some bronzing on the underside of the leaves. I pulled the leaves pronto! Don't need mites! Here's the lesser effect that i pulled this morning.
13713081009393.jpg

"Like" all except the possible mites.  I just this morning learned what they look like first-hand.  Hopefully I got the affected leaves off before they got too far. 

Blue Oyster Cult, boards of Canada...maybe acronyms are like an alphabetical Rorschach test!  OK, Bhut Orange Copenhagen...sounds like an awesome phenotype! 

Jason great shots mon, love dem all … super cool pod on your Yellow BB douglah, I can’t wait to see a big BOC and all the rest big up! Your wife’s not going to be happy camper when she sees you filling dat new freezer with tons of pods, lolz

Have a great weekend brethren!

Great pics Jay! I'm still marvelling at the size of the leaves on the 007. It is always exciting when the plants are finally podding up like yours are.

Back