• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Jesus man... The leaves on that choc bar are insane! I'm tempted to wonder is they are counter productive at that point, but that's probably just my jealously talking lol. F*cking incredible man.

Alright Jay! :woohoo: Well done on more ripening pods... it's incredible to me that you got ripe Jellybean Habs before any Annuums. Good on ya!

Peptacular said:
Jesus man... The leaves on that choc bar are insane! I'm tempted to wonder is they are counter productive at that point, but that's probably just my jealously talking lol. F*cking incredible man.
Thank you Peptacular! LOL. I'm going with a massive solar panel to max out pod production! ;)
stickman said:
Alright Jay! :woohoo: Well done on more ripening pods... it's incredible to me that you got ripe Jellybean Habs before any Annuums. Good on ya!
Thanks Rick. It's my fault... I started sll the annuums late, then slacked on putting them in the ground. Otherwise i think they would have beaten the JB wht hab. Super stoked on the orange thai though!
Hopefully won't be much longer on some others! I ready for fresh pods!

Everything looks awesome, I hate mites too ... here you seem to kick their but and they always come back sooner or later :/ I was spaying neem and it was working great but now it's too hot to spay as it's been upper 80s to low 90s. I might test spraying a plant at dusk, by tomorrow it will be dry and see if it burns it in this heat. Before I was praying for it to stop raining and now I'm dying to get some, lol. Congrats on the first reaper buds, can't wait to see you shooting pics of those large pods. Have a great weekend!

Edit: I forgot to mention also spraying 4 test plants with rosemary oil dubbed "death by rosemary" made by Scott (Devv) this seems to have worked very well for me and the 4 don't have mites for a few weeks now but you must keep the plants in good shade so the oil doesn't burn the leaves. Hope you get rid of them devils ...

PIC 1 said:
Congrats on the Reaper pods forming, the rest of the plants look to be on par for some good harvests
Why thank you Greg. It will be interesting to see how these pod up, with so many variable shapes popping up. I hoping to be swimming in pods by summers end. Thanks for stopping in.
adamk2212 said:
I still can't get over the size of that leaf. Congrats on the grow so far!
Thank you Adam! That thing truly is a beast. That plant shouldn't even be alive. It came out of the dirt looking like a green q-tip. I had to cut it open and then a leaf final grew. It's a reject of nature, that would not have survived, that i saved. So maybe it's trying to hard?
Just hope it produces some nice pods! It's little brother, that also was fused shut, is coming along too.
Thanks for coming by!
WalkGood said:
Everything looks awesome, I hate mites too ... here you seem to kick their but and they always come back sooner or later :/ I was spaying neem and it was working great but now it's too hot to spay as it's been upper 80s to low 90s. I might test spraying a plant at dusk, by tomorrow it will be dry and see if it burns it in this heat. Before I was praying for it to stop raining and now I'm dying to get some, lol. Congrats on the first reaper buds, can't wait to see you shooting pics of those large pods. Have a great weekend!

Edit: I forgot to mention also spraying 4 test plants with rosemary oil dubbed "death by rosemary" made by Scott (Devv) this seems to have worked very well for me and the 4 don't have mites for a few weeks now but you must keep the plants in good shade so the oil doesn't burn the leaves. Hope you get rid of them devils ...
Ramon, i haven't seen anymore bronzed leaves yet, so got my fingers crossed. Hoping i have removed them and i won't see any damage new growth. I know last year i didn't remove the leaves, as i didn't know what wad causing the bronzing. I am keeping an eye out. Dig the death by Rosemary. Hoping i don't have to use it though!
I have notice all the effected plants have been in the back of the top of the garden. Same as last year. So now wondering what other plant in the vegetation behind there is harboring them? They gotta be coming from something back there.
?

Devv said:
Well hell, you got it going on!

I learned a lot this year, biggest thing I did wrong was start the chinense too late, I can see you timed it just right!

Well done!
Thank you Scott, I did seem to time things correctly for the c. chinense. Wish I would have planted my annuums earlier. Would have more fresh pods right now. always learning!

coheed196 said:
Looking good big papa. I call dibs on some of those bubblegum 7 seeds once you get some pods going.
I got you covered Vincent. I hoping i get a true phenotype so i can. The calyx are looking like kingdenniz's so far on the first one flowering, that i pictured. Large and rough textured and barely let the flower open.

Brah, it's on, like now, in your garden!  Lovin' the mantis shot.  Hopefully many more of those hanging around.  We get the occasional one here, but I do seem to have a good number of Green Lacewings hanging around, and I see their eggs on the occasional left. 

Wow, greatly apppreciate the thought about the Variegata!  So very cool and kind of you.  But if you can't find a way to ship it, no worries at all.  I honestly don't know where I would put even one more plant, hahaha!  I'd love to get some more seed next year, though.  Gorgeous looking plant.  I'll send you some of the seed from my unknown Variegata cross.  Should be interesting, as it would be an F2... ;)

The pods are really taking on shape there.  7 Pot White, Chocolate Scorpion, all looking killer.  Bhut OW pods and baby Scotch Bonnets, to boot!  Then the Yellow BB Douglah and the Yellow Brain!  Of course, the WDT's are looking great!  I wonder what color the darker pods will ripen on the one plant.  BTW, finally got some pods set on mine, too!  :) 

Woo Hoo!  1st harvest!  Those Jellybean habs are great, and the plants are just so incredibly productive. 

So freakin' pleased things are rockin' at the GA Growhead estate!  Keep it up, man!

One more amazing leaf indeed, Jason!! DAYUM: your grow is absolutely astounding. Love that Barrackpore choc and please keep me in mind when you come into your Bubblegum seed heaven ;) :pray: That pepper GARDEN/plantation is absolutely gorgeous, man. DAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUM, da pods! Good on ya!

quick update... will respond later tonight. Thanks guys and gals! Got ya covered to Annie!

Bubblegum 7 flower. The flower can't open all the way.
13719297187860.jpg

Aji pineapple flower
13719296584850.jpg

Papa Joe's scotch bons!
13719297480931.jpg

Peruvian white hab ripening!
13719297673432.jpg

Choc barrackpore set!
13719297859743.jpg

First Bahamian goat pod
13719298011804.jpg

Also saw tiny pods on the 7 chags, infinitys, wild brazil, red brain, 7 browns, douglahs, BOCs, datils, and many more. Too many to remember.

GA Growhead said:
Why thank you Greg. It will be interesting to see how these pod up, with so many variable shapes popping up. I hoping to be swimming in pods by summers end. Thanks for stopping in.
Thank you Adam! That thing truly is a beast. That plant shouldn't even be alive. It came out of the dirt looking like a green q-tip. I had to cut it open and then a leaf final grew. It's a reject of nature, that would not have survived, that i saved. So maybe it's trying to hard?
Just hope it produces some nice pods! It's little brother, that also was fused shut, is coming along too.
Thanks for coming by!
Ramon, i haven't seen anymore bronzed leaves yet, so got my fingers crossed. Hoping i have removed them and i won't see any damage new growth. I know last year i didn't remove the leaves, as i didn't know what wad causing the bronzing. I am keeping an eye out. Dig the death by Rosemary. Hoping i don't have to use it though!
I have notice all the effected plants have been in the back of the top of the garden. Same as last year. So now wondering what other plant in the vegetation behind there is harboring them? They gotta be coming from something back there.
?
Crazy story Growhead, reject of nature is right. Maybe it's thanking you for the kindness you showed early on. Who knows. Either way, you're doing something right.

DocNrock said:
Brah, it's on, like now, in your garden!  Lovin' the mantis shot.  Hopefully many more of those hanging around.  We get the occasional one here, but I do seem to have a good number of Green Lacewings hanging around, and I see their eggs on the occasional left. 

Wow, greatly apppreciate the thought about the Variegata!  So very cool and kind of you.  But if you can't find a way to ship it, no worries at all.  I honestly don't know where I would put even one more plant, hahaha!  I'd love to get some more seed next year, though.  Gorgeous looking plant.  I'll send you some of the seed from my unknown Variegata cross.  Should be interesting, as it would be an F2... ;)

The pods are really taking on shape there.  7 Pot White, Chocolate Scorpion, all looking killer.  Bhut OW pods and baby Scotch Bonnets, to boot!  Then the Yellow BB Douglah and the Yellow Brain!  Of course, the WDT's are looking great!  I wonder what color the darker pods will ripen on the one plant.  BTW, finally got some pods set on mine, too!  :) 

Woo Hoo!  1st harvest!  Those Jellybean habs are great, and the plants are just so incredibly productive. 

So freakin' pleased things are rockin' at the GA Growhead estate!  Keep it up, man!
Thanks Brent. It is on! Was tripping a bit today seeing everything setting pods. Like its really happening. About time! Some plants are as tall as the fence. Growing like mad. I really need to stake a couple or thirty, and get the drip lines set up.
All in good time.
Sending a variegata, so make some room! And any seeds you want, you know there yours! Would love those F2s. Would like to see what grows out of those. Should be easy to spot purple first true leaves to know it came from that side of the cross.
Im totally jelly of your pod action. Starting so early really paid of for you! I'm final getting there!
That darker WDT? I am curious to what it will become. If truely a cross, i am expecting red pods. But who knows? Might be some in between color, which would be cool. Good news that pods set on your DWTs! You have one of each, correct? One from Shane and one from Jamison? I look foward to seeing them. Wondering if they will grow out the same?

That JB hab was nice. A teaser of whats to come. Those two plants are really starting to take off. Getting more vertical growth too. I am probably going to pick a couple tomorrow, and possible an orange thai or Peruvian white hab too. 2nd Harvest time :party:
thanks again bro!
annie57 said:
One more amazing leaf indeed, Jason!! DAYUM: your grow is absolutely astounding. Love that Barrackpore choc and please keep me in mind when you come into your Bubblegum seed heaven ;) :pray: That pepper GARDEN/plantation is absolutely gorgeous, man. DAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUM, da pods! Good on ya!  
Annie. Plantation. Lol!
I do got a couple pepper plants going. Just a few. ;)
I got you covered on the seeds. I'm hoping the correct pheno grows from one of the four plants i have! Thank you, i did put some effort in this season. It is starting to look like it will pay off.
I am looking foward to so many things this season,that it is crazy.

Back