• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

DocNrock said:
"Like" all except the possible mites.  I just this morning learned what they look like first-hand.  Hopefully I got the affected leaves off before they got too far. 

Blue Oyster Cult, boards of Canada...maybe acronyms are like an alphabetical Rorschach test!  OK, Bhut Orange Copenhagen...sounds like an awesome phenotype! 
Mites are not good. I had a Hungarian hot cherry last season that was my first victim. They only attacked one side after the plant had split. I saw the bronzing on the undersides of a few leaves, but didn't know what caused it. By the time the new growth looked all splindly, i learn on here that it was mites from seeing other people's photos of problem plants. I cut that whole side off and the other side stayed unaffected.and produced pods. Taking no chances this season! If i see bronzing, it's gone.
And I still look at every problem plant thread, cause you never know when you will learn something new.
Hope you can get things under control!

And what i thought was a picture of a BOC pod yesterday, was really a naga morich x jonah cross pod.
WalkGood said:
Jason great shots mon, love dem all super cool pod on your Yellow BB douglah, I cant wait to see a big BOC and all the rest big up! Your wifes not going to be happy camper when she sees you filling dat new freezer with tons of pods, lolz

Have a great weekend brethren!

Thanks Ramon. I am looking foward to those yellow douglahs. I love me some yellow pods. I have upped the yellow podded plant types and numbers this year for that reason. Also looking forward to tasting an orange scorp and a BOC!
The missed will have to deal with pod overflow. Its going to happen!

GA Growhead said:
Thanks Gary! Trying to keep em happy! With all the rain and high humidity, they are going off!!
I had to try the BOC after seeing it. Cool pod shape and orange color got me. Have 3 plants going. Have read it's stable, so time will tell for sure. Wondering if there will be orange overtones in the flavor as the breeder states. Definitely looks like a bhut though.
Remind me and i will send you some pods.
Jealous of the breakfast shot btw! I'm a cereal buff.
And broke out the cruiser this past weekend to wheelchair myself around!

Jason, your place looks so Georgia, with the pine trees and the thick vegetation. I love everything about your garden shots. And does stuff ever grow over there...with no small amount of help from you! 

I friended that BOC guy on FB, and joined the Danish chile head group. I believe his name is Soren? It's a trip to see their enthusiasm and their carefully-arranged, perfectly-manicured container plants. I believe the FB group is "Scoville Passion"? One of the most active groups I'm part of...Never mind that I can't understand any of the Danish, I just love their enthusiasm and the all the photos...

BOC.jpg

DocNrock said:
Looking great, Jason!  Love all the pods starting to form.  What is the BOC?  I just keep thinking "Blue Oyster Cult,"  hahaha! 

LOL...WHOA NO, there goes Tokyo....GODZILLA GOD-ZILLA-GOD!!!

stickman said:
Great pics Jay... and White Hab pods ripening already. Sweet! If they grow and ripen that quickly I'll have to throw some in the mix next year. Cheers
Thanks on the picts! The JB white habs have ripen quickly. Will send you some to try once they are really coming in so you can make a decision. Taste is important. I want to go pick that one right now, but given it some time to see how they fully ripen.
Stefan_W said:
Great pics Jay! I'm still marvelling at the size of the leaves on the 007. It is always exciting when the plants are finally podding up like yours are.
Thanks Stefan. I am excited! Plants podding up left and right. See something new doing so each time i go thru the garden.
That 007 does have huge leaves. But look at the size of this choc barrackpore leaf.
13713917805601.jpg

Seriously the biggest pepper leaf i have ever seen!
windchicken said:

Jason, your place looks so Georgia, with the pine trees and the thick vegetation. I love everything about your garden shots. And does stuff ever grow over there...with no small amount of help from you! 

I friended that BOC guy on FB, and joined the Danish chile head group. I believe his name is Soren? It's a trip to see their enthusiasm and their carefully-arranged, perfectly-manicured container plants. I believe the FB group is "Scoville Passion"? One of the most active groups I'm part of...Never mind that I can't understand any of the Danish, I just love their enthusiasm and the all the photos...

BOC.jpg
Thanks Gary. Definitely Ga! Lived here my whole life, pinetrees and all! Weather is pretty good for growing and that red clay is full of minerals!
I am facebookless, so miss out on many things, that being one of them. Denmark's weather is a bit rough, so gotta give it to them! Heard the guy has a long greenhouse full of plants. He sounds dedicated! I have seen that pict. I really like the field view from that porch.
They throwing out any other crazy crosses or varieties on FB i should know about?

Update...
Last night potted up the last two OWs. Bought these flexible tubs and drilled 3/4" holes in them. Was cheaper than buying a pot that large. And went with red, since that color seemed to aid in flower production / set (someone netted whole plants with colored netting and the red netting gave those results, who? I can't remember right now, but going with the notion). Potted up rest of the mysteries. And podded up the second choc barrack, tobasco, and two RFC scotch bons, all plants that stalled out forever. Two of those went in root pouchs.

13713918248763.jpg

Also planted the rest of the annuums in the open row on the bottom plot.
Productive day!
Just walked around and found three bronzed leaves on the reapers. :(
And then two more on the large ass choc barrackpore. :(
Also found a hornworm egg on the barrackpore. Only have seen picts on here, so glad i had seen one in person and know what to look for. Looking into a black light flashlight to find them and destroy!
Stefan_W said:
Holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen a pepper leaf that big!
Told ya!

A few more shots ...
Variegata
13713918030102.jpg

Brown egg pods
13713918596444.jpg

7 pot infinities
13713919082155.jpg

One yellow moruga in the bottom plot, away from the others.
13713919379946.jpg

Went back and bought more yel habs. Got a few nice ones.
13713919784817.jpg

Happy father's day to all!

Dude, I love your updates!  And LOL back at Gary (Windchicken)!

That Choc Barrackpore leaf is friggen prehistoric, man!  Holy Hell!!!  Huge!!!

All the plants look great, the up-pots, etc.  Those Infinities are going to be one giant plant and fused canopy when they get to mature size! 

Those Variegata look superb.  Nice coloring.

Sorry to hear about the bronzing, but I plucked a few leaves myself this morning.  Seems like part of the grow.

Love the look of those Yellow Habs.  You gonna sow some seeds? 

DocNrock said:
Dude, I love your updates!  And LOL back at Gary (Windchicken)!

That Choc Barrackpore leaf is friggen prehistoric, man!  Holy Hell!!!  Huge!!!

All the plants look great, the up-pots, etc.  Those Infinities are going to be one giant plant and fused canopy when they get to mature size! 

Those Variegata look superb.  Nice coloring.

Sorry to hear about the bronzing, but I plucked a few leaves myself this morning.  Seems like part of the grow.

Love the look of those Yellow Habs.  You gonna sow some seeds? 
Thank on the updates! So much growth in a weeks time. Feel the need to share the excitement with like minded people. :D

The choc barrack leave is prehistoric! lol! When i get to hot, i just go lay under it in it's shade. :)

I have a variegata with your name on it. Just need to figure out how i am shipping it. Be on the look out!

Didn't have this many leaves bronzing last season. :( Trying to stay on top of it! Best of luck for both of us on that!
Already saved some seeds from the yel habs. Will squeeze them in next season!
Take care Brent! And happy father's day again!

Quick update!
Rain. Rain. And more rain. Some of the container plant are not to happy, others taking it in stride.

The garden plants are loving it. :)

A few photos.

New guardian!
13716024210830.jpg

One of the choc scorps.
13716024395731.jpg

7 pot whites
13716024793903.jpg

OW giant bhut
13716024940184.jpg

OW choc bhut
13716025109925.jpg

Papa Joe's scotch bonnet
13716025402076.jpg

Another jellybean white hab turning :party:
13716025589367.jpg

So that mean i can pull the other one!
13716025811688.jpg

:party: First harvest of the year!

13716026070149.jpg

The color is somewhere between the two pictures. Creamy light with a hair of yellowness.
Now to dinner with this treat!

GA Growhead said:
Quick update!
Rain. Rain. And more rain. Some of the container plant are not to happy, others taking it in stride.

The color is somewhere between the two pictures. Creamy light with a hair of yellowness.
Now to dinner with this treat!

Good on ya Jay, and now it begins... If you've never had one before, it was a little hard to believe, but those little things can light you up good!

We've been getting a lot of rain up here too the last week or so. Hopefully it'll ease up so we can get some sun in for a while. It's still pretty cool here... 51 degrees this morning and maybe down in the mid-40's tonight.

Great first harvest! Seems like those little white pods take forever to ripen. I got some White 7's that I think may be done, but I am giving them an extra week to be sure. Plants are looking great! Good decision on the home-made containers. Buckets, totes, tubs...they all turn into planters once the right holes are put in them! Keep 'em rockin brother!

Congrats on the harvest, now the fun starts!

Every time you look more to pick.

Love seeing those Mantis' in the garden!

stickman said:

Good on ya Jay, and now it begins... If you've never had one before, it was a little hard to believe, but those little things can light you up good!

We've been getting a lot of rain up here too the last week or so. Hopefully it'll ease up so we can get some sun in for a while. It's still pretty cool here... 51 degrees this morning and maybe down in the mid-40's tonight.
Thanks Rick! The little thing did have some heat. I only needed about twenty more!
We had sun all day! Can't believe it's still that cool up there. Getting warmer more humid during the nights here. Plants do seem to mind but I'm not liking it.
Hope you warm up a bit soon!
megahot said:
Lookin great GA! I hope the mites dont come back! Glad to see your plants are podding up :P
Thanks Mega! I hope i can stay mite free! Pods and more pods! Can't wait!
Thanks for coming by!

capsidadburn said:
Sweet pods and plants Jason! Nice mantis too!
Thanks Mike! Was excited to see a mantis! First of the season. Hopefully he will hang around!
romy6 said:
 Great growing Jay. Plants are really loving the heat and rain !
Thanks Jamie! Over did it a bit, but loving the selection. Plant have really taken off, they are loving the weather right now. Thanks for rolling in!
stc3248 said:
Great first harvest! Seems like those little white pods take forever to ripen. I got some White 7's that I think may be done, but I am giving them an extra week to be sure. Plants are looking great! Good decision on the home-made containers. Buckets, totes, tubs...they all turn into planters once the right holes are put in them! Keep 'em rockin brother!
Thank you Shane! Was excited to get my first pod, even with the size. I'm wondering about the white 7s myself. Also have 3 giant white habs. Plus the devil's tongues and the saved Peruvian white. I didn't know if the one i pulled was ripe, but the seeds looked mature, so i think it was close enough. Going to let the next one go longer to see what happens. The PI 441598, that has more pods than leaves (almost :)) also turn creamy white, so another one to guess on ripeness until I figure them out. :crazy:
Was stoked on the tub. cheaper and with handles! Plenty of root space for the two OWs that got those.
Trying to catch up with ya! Moving in quick, better stay on them toes!
Devv said:
Congrats on the harvest, now the fun starts!

Every time you look more to pick.

Love seeing those Mantis' in the garden!
Thank you Scott. Like i said to Rick, i need about twelve more! I still a few weeks from consecutive pulls, but won't be long. Surely an orange thai will ripen next. Fingers crossed!
grantmichaels said:
Lots of cool stuff here, varieties I've not seen previously etc ...

Cheers!
Thanks Grant and thanks for checking in. I really went overboard, right around 100 different types this season. I dialed back on some annuums to make more room for the c. chinense. Should be interesting when pods start rolling in, something new to try daily, for weeks. Will highlight my favs, and dis the underachievers. Looking forward to the many different pods!
Pepper-Guru said:
Are those White Bullets? Mmmm one of my favorites. These storms are crazy right?

Now THATS a leaf.
Those are grant's (junglrain) jellybean white habs. Not sure if they are related to bullets. That one pods was delicious, one was just not enough!
Crazy storms for real! One after another after another. Plants haven't minded, and haven't watered anything in weeks! Got a few blown over last week when that crazy strong storm blew thru. Looked like being in a hurricane, white out, rain going sideways but no real damage to the plants. Need to stake a ton this weekend to prevent future attacks of nature. But Yes... crazy torrential storms keep blowing through!

I'm still saying that leaf is prehistoric, as mentioned by the Doc! It's stupid huge.

Did i mention that I'm liking this yel BB douglah pod?
13716916211950.jpg

Hello Bonnie! I have three there. They were pretty rough when i planted them, so put three there. And of course i didn't kill'em with kindness, so there became the three. I have just let them go, think i was going to snip two, but haven't. They are now about 2 1/2 to three feet tall and starting to produce flowers. Think i might leave them and cut back as needed. :crazy: yes!
Thanks again Bonnie!

A few picts...

Found some pods on the bottom of my OW brainstrain yellow. I dug up the easiest plant to get out of the garden and don't remeber much about this one other that it made yellow pods and was the runt. Shape is ok for a first pod, but texture is nice!
13717896794351.jpg

Blurry bubblegum 7 flower open!
13717896958322.jpg

First buds on the reapers!
13717897148093.jpg

WDT from doc/shane/smileguy/ss
13717897470154.jpg

And from the other plant of WDT from the same source... Dark green pods? Maybe a cross!
Yay! The mystery!
13717897681465.jpg

7 whites getting bigger! And for Bonnie, her state quarter!
13717898061587.jpg

And i called it!
First orange thai starting to turn!
13717897815826.jpg

And it's now Friday!

Back