• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

yay! thanks Scott!
I took too many photos and wanna share them all. :crazy: :D

My first aji pineapple. Got to eat my first thanks to Doc! Awesome snackers!
13737481951585.jpg

Wavy peach ghost scorp
13737482219866.jpg

Ok. next three shots are all peach bhuts, all out of the same pack, from the same seed supplier.
Stubby one
13737482373147.jpg

Light colored one
13737482546558.jpg

med green one
13737482685119.jpg

Still one or two more that haven't podded up yet. So will they all be peach?

White Devil's tongue from Shane, thinking the true pheno
13737482979020.jpg

Darker green pheno, possibly not true? Time will tell.
13737483121061.jpg

Georgia Blacks.
13737483270472.jpg

Tobago seasoning
13737483418383.jpg

The tobago treasures are super producers!
13737483580614.jpg

bump again?

Barrackpores
13737488166987.jpg

7 chaguanas
13737488538208.jpg

Brown eggs
13737488706309.jpg

Reaper possibly set
13737486037045.jpg

Lots of these around.
13737485882254.jpg

PI 441598 red pheno
13737488851860.jpg

Today's harvest
13737489176852.jpg

And it's been wet and humid for a while. Squash anyone?
13737488991671.jpg

No rain on this side of the city yesterday, and none so far today... but way humid still!

That's it for today.
Hope you enjoyed!
Thanks again Scott!

Trippa said:
My TFM's 2 seasons ago were very similar to this shape with the very pointy bottom (See Below)... can I ask where you got the seeds from out of interest?
Trippa, I scored those in a trade, so not sure where they originated. That's the only pod with a stinger, on that plant. One of the other TFMs is looking like it's going to make less desirable shaped pods. The papa Joe's bons and the P Dreadies are also throwing out a few stinger pods.
Yours has a beautiful color there! Did they consistently have stingers?
DocNrock said:
Man O Man!  It is going to break wide open in 3, 2, 1...  Looking incredible there, Jason! 
I'm starting to get a bit intimidated by the number of pods i see. & I still have one bag from last season in the freezer that i need to powder. Need to start shopping for a chest freezer this week! Thanks Doc!
Still enjoing them pods. Ate a yellow bhut, the little (seedless :( ) aji dulce, some variegata crosses, & a bali naga yesterday with my lunch. Loving them all!

Holy smokes man. Your plants sure do produce man! Yup just got back to WI last week. I did get a MoA plant in down there. I couldn't tell if I was digging in dirt or clay. I really got to get use to that soil! So I just dug a deep hole and threw a good bag of soil in it. We'll see if if survives down there!

Dang, Jason: beautiful pull. If the sun would come out--my summer squash got some of same going on--trying to save them :rofl: Esp. one white zuke, but uh, well, a little DRY and lower humidity would help. Not asking for low, just tad lower ;)

A few questions/comments? Is the Congo Bonnet Cross yours--from your seed? Looks interesting!! Love the varieties of Madballz! And what is a GA Black? Love look of those Trini cherries too! From whence did'st thou get seed? Yours? I love, love crosses! Beautiful stuff, hon!

And Jamison: ya did right thang in clay soil; just gotta get used to it. It'll seriously grow if amended! As Jay-GA evidences!!! Of course it also grows bugs like nobody's business too. But . . . Again, Jay: fabulous!

Jamison said:
Holy smokes man. Your plants sure do produce man! Yup just got back to WI last week. I did get a MoA plant in down there. I couldn't tell if I was digging in dirt or clay. I really got to get use to that soil! So I just dug a deep hole and threw a good bag of soil in it. We'll see if if survives down there!
Sounds like you did the right thing. I'm for adding some lime, manure, and other organic matter. Makes a huge difference if you got thick clay.
Glad you got the MOA down. You are going to love our southern weather, with a longer growing season. That MOA is happy in it's new home I'm sure!
Plants are starting to load up. I really think I'm a month ahead of last season growth wise. I'm going to be put to work processing peppers soon. Just happy to have fresh pods to snack on with lunch and dinner now! Doc helped a bit too!
annie57 said:
Dang, Jason: beautiful pull. If the sun would come out--my summer squash got some of same going on--trying to save them :rofl: Esp. one white zuke, but uh, well, a little DRY and lower humidity would help. Not asking for low, just tad lower ;)

A few questions/comments? Is the Congo Bonnet Cross yours--from your seed? Looks interesting!! Love the varieties of Madballz! And what is a GA Black? Love look of those Trini cherries too! From whence did'st thou get seed? Yours? I love, love crosses! Beautiful stuff, hon!

And Jamison: ya did right thang in clay soil; just gotta get used to it. It'll seriously grow if amended! As Jay-GA evidences!!! Of course it also grows bugs like nobody's business too. But . . . Again, Jay: fabulous!
Thank you thank you thank you Annie! I've stayed rain free for three days in a row so far. Still humid as the swamp, but drying out in the bit of sun between the clouds. The squash and zucchini looked less attacked today. :)
The red scotch bonnet x trin congo cross came in a trade. Was label a F4 cross. I am liking the pods. The GA black came from Peter's site semillas.de. It said it came to him from here in GA. Suppose to be a c. chinense, but im guessing it has some annuum in by it's growth. If it didn't have two pods per node i wouldn't think it was chinense. Should turn dark brown, medium heat if i remember correctly. When i saw it listed, i knew i had to bring back home to Georgia. :D
The trin cherries were on the pepperlover site at one time. Actually there were two different trin cherries at that time. I bought one of them and grew them last year. They got a late start and only one produced pods. I had another that was a mystery plant (at the time) that i over wintered and it has show it's self as being a trin cherry. That's the one pictured. I actually started some more seeds this season and have four little neglected plants in one cup that never got planted. Not sure what to do with them.
I like the variation that could come from early in on crosses myself. I also have a jonah x naga morich cross that is labeled F6 that is making cool pods, but the whole top half of the plant has just died. Not sure what is up with that one. ??? First thought a hornworm had got a hold on it. But nope.
And found a few more volunteers today. Always cool.
I saw that giant brainstrain pod of yours! Looking good!

No not all the TFM,s had stingers but many of them were close to that shape without the real point and others pointy but lacking the classical definition like that pod had. I saved seeds from that particular pod and kept it separate. PaulG is growing one of them this season so will be interested to see the pods on his when they start forming. My seeds were from Junglerain originally.

Oh crap! Now that's a winning streak!!

Thanks for the offer on the Jay's. I also have some not very common varieties and send you too. I'll make the list and PM you. The only problem is that I never grew them out and the person who sent them to me said she grew them out like 2 times with no problem. Let me make the list and I'll PM you once it's done.

, Walter

Damn man!  You really have got to stop with all these awesome updates!  You are making all of us mortal growers look bad... :(

LOL.  But both those Scotch Bonnets and Choc BPs look great!  Have you grown the Choc BPs before or is this the first year?  How do they compare to the regular ones?

Back