• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Awesome! Thanks Doc!
Glad your neighbor's got the box for you. Should be there tomorrow. Make sure they open it up!

The variegata crosses aren't bad. Will keep some seed. :)
The bali nagas are very thai like.

Loving the yellows pods!

Thanks again!
Pre-weekend photo dump.

Giant bhut.
13735907034360.jpg

BBG7 #1
13735907224971.jpg

BBG7 #2

13735907409632.jpg

13735907593693.jpg

Giant white hab
13735907751224.jpg

Peach Jay's ghost scorp
13735907905695.jpg

Red Jay's ghost scorp
13735908059046.jpg

TFMs
13735908899680.jpg

P. Dreadies
13735909267111.jpg

Still hasn't turned red
13735908271937.jpg

Perfect update Jason! I'm hoping to get the hydro stuff sorted and hopefully I'm successful. I also been looking at flood and drain and it seems somewhat more clean. I mean you don't get all that root mess and you still get nice plants. About production I don't know. If I get the hang of it I want to start 3-5 plants to grow during the winter and transplant to soil in the spring and repeat.

Those ghost scorpions look wicked, I wanted to buy seeds for Those but never got around to it and it's my first year and I didn't want to screw up on them. If I can get some seed this fall I would start them but idk yet. It all depends on how the hydro thing woks out.

Keep those updates coming man, I bet you're gona have a blast this weekend with that care package from Doc. Take care and have a cool weekend.

,Walter

Those pods look great!  Can't beat a ripening Bhut!  Your TFMs look killer.  Mine don't look like that, at all.  D'oh!  That's OK, they're still hot and tasty. 

Glad you are enjoying the package.  Only too happy to do it.

Trippa said:
Some great varieties in those few shots GA!! TFMs look picture perfect and excited to see the ghost scorps as well ... Great work!!
Thank you Trippa! Was on the search for a true bonnet, and I'm coming up good so far. Excited to see them all myself. Including the ghost scorps too. With them being still unstable, i wasn't sure how they were going to pod up. Looking good so far.

Man those dang ghost-scorps look freakin MEAN! Nothing sexier than a terrible looking pepper! Haha! Great grow my man! Thanks for the plant again brotha! THP sure has some great folks!

Jason, Great looking Jays Ghost Scorpions!  Both.  Can't forget the calyx from hell "I'm going to eat you" pods!  BBG7 #1  Very nice!

Vegas_Chili said:
Perfect update Jason! I'm hoping to get the hydro stuff sorted and hopefully I'm successful. I also been looking at flood and drain and it seems somewhat more clean. I mean you don't get all that root mess and you still get nice plants. About production I don't know. If I get the hang of it I want to start 3-5 plants to grow during the winter and transplant to soil in the spring and repeat.

Those ghost scorpions look wicked, I wanted to buy seeds for Those but never got around to it and it's my first year and I didn't want to screw up on them. If I can get some seed this fall I would start them but idk yet. It all depends on how the hydro thing woks out.

Keep those updates coming man, I bet you're gona have a blast this weekend with that care package from Doc. Take care and have a cool weekend.

,Walter
Walter, Thanks on the update! I'm feeling flood and drain. For those reason for sure. And one reservoir to deal with with no roots. The drying in between floods has to be a buffer. Haven't decided if I'm starting seeds or just going with cuttings. Thinking i'm going to pick a favorite and take cutting to have fresh peppers thru the winter. Sounds like a hard decision to make already.
I'll get you some ghost scorp seeds at some point this season. Going to isolate some pods soon.
More pictures tomorrow. Actually 3 that didn't make it last night will go up soon.
Already into that box. Yellow brain with lunch today! Yumm! Thanks Doc!
stickman said:
Yeah... those Jalapenos seem to take forever to turn red... especially if you're pulling pods from the plants periodically.
That's the first pod that plant Rick! Waiting for it to go red. Guess i should just pull it this weekend and let the next few ripen up. :)
DocNrock said:
Those pods look great!  Can't beat a ripening Bhut!  Your TFMs look killer.  Mine don't look like that, at all.  D'oh!  That's OK, they're still hot and tasty. 

Glad you are enjoying the package.  Only too happy to do it.
I am enjoying the peppers! Ate a whole yel brain with my jerk chicken cuban sandwich that i had for lunch! Was a perfect addition! Thank you times 3!
That TFM plant is looking killer! All my bonnets are looking good so far. I should have a papa Joe's ripening up in the next few weeks I'm guessing. They do look killer. Stoked to see the p. dreadie shapes too.
Taste is the ultimate deciding factor though!
Devv said:
Looking really, really good!

Glad to see the ripening pods.

It won't be long before we see the trays full!
Thanks Scott! Still waiting for a ton more to ripen up.
stc3248 said:
Man those dang ghost-scorps look freakin MEAN! Nothing sexier than a terrible looking pepper! Haha! Great grow my man! Thanks for the plant again brotha! THP sure has some great folks!
Yes! Stoked on those ghost scorps. Evil looking for sure.
No problem on the plant. Remembered you had no luck with the wild brazils this year. It wasn't till the third attempt did any germ for me. I only needed two, but got four spouts. Gave the other extra to a guy at work that gave me a few pequin plants last season. He is going to be stoked. Hope it grows into a huge bush with a billion pods!
This really is a great place! You are part of that reason too! One of the many generous people on here, that i have had direct contact with. Keep the love going brother!
capsidadburn said:
Jason, Great looking Jays Ghost Scorpions!  Both.  Can't forget the calyx from hell "I'm going to eat you" pods!  BBG7 #1  Very nice!
Thanks Mike. Those mutant calyx are just crazy. It is like the pod is trying to escape the calyx grasp, and the calyx just keeps growing trying to swallow the pod, till finally the pod wins out. :)
Hoping for more crazy pods on the ghost scorps! Those so far are impressive! A few more of both colors are just podding up, so wanting see some pod variation.
Thanks again!

The last three images from the pre weekend dump.

bahamian goat
13735909468742.jpg

First pod turning on the OW yel brain
13735909654333.jpg

More peach PI 441598s turning too!
13735910391574.jpg

More picts after the morning walk thru! & everyone Have a great weekend!

Nice update Jason. Watch for the BG7#2. That seems to be the same phenotype that Steve aka standbyfire has which should grow true. That #1 is like mine. Take forever to ripen. But when it does TS blood red. It's awesome

Just hope it bleeds.

Great updates. I've always liked your peach Jay's ghost scorp. I think the PI 441598s are looking really impressive too, and man are they ever loading up! Nice to see lot of pics of the peach varieties. 

Really great looking ghost scorpions, can't wait to see how those turn out.  I am also patiently waiting to see the BBG 7s bleed up.  It is definitely tough in this hobby to keep things close hold until stable, because some of these crosses are wicked!  Excited to see yours.

Sawyer said:
I'm going to have to get some peach something for next year.  That's just an amazing color.
Agreeing Saywer! Lovely color and a good taste on PI 441598 that i have eaten. Looking forward to the peach bhuts and ghost scorps too! About to drop some picts of both. :D
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Nice update Jason. Watch for the BG7#2. That seems to be the same phenotype that Steve aka standbyfire has which should grow true. That #1 is like mine. Take forever to ripen. But when it does TS blood red. It's awesome

Just hope it bleeds.
Good to know. Will keep my eyes on that one. #3 has normal calyces. And #4 looks like it will be like #2, but not totally sure yet. About to post a few picts of them. Thanks for the complement on the update!
Stefan_W said:
Great updates. I've always liked your peach Jay's ghost scorp. I think the PI 441598s are looking really impressive too, and man are they ever loading up! Nice to see lot of pics of the peach varieties. 
That peach PI 441598 is really loaded up. The other two phenos are pretty serious too. The peach ghost scorps are starting to look better even! Another one just set it's first pod and it looks good alreay. Thank you Stefan. More picts in a few here!
Jamison said:
Yea buddy! Pods galore!
Thanks Jamison! Finally starting to come in! Some are loaded, others just starting, and a few still don't have a single flower yet. My naga morich is huge, towering over it's neighbors, without a single flower yet. it's :crazy:
You back WI? Get those MOAs down to TN?
Devv said:
Break out the dehydrator!!

Fantastic performance you're having!
I'm almost there! It's going to happen all at once I'm afraid. I then i will have no choice. :D

I'm getting hammered by the Red Caribbean's and the Funky Reapers. The rest of the Chinense, I guess will show a Sept. performance. I just started too late..first year and all..

But yours is on schedule...and hammer time is quickly approaching...let the games begin!

I give you 2..3 weeks max!

MGOLD86 said:
Really great looking ghost scorpions, can't wait to see how those turn out.  I am also patiently waiting to see the BBG 7s bleed up.  It is definitely tough in this hobby to keep things close hold until stable, because some of these crosses are wicked!  Excited to see yours.
I agree. Just to have a chance to get the correct phenotype with these unstable varieties is pretty exciting. If i get duds, they are still peppers that can be eaten / used. So never a total lose, unless your in the seed business. I also enjoy seeing the variation that may come. This happens anyway with alot of the "stable" types anyway. There are always those recessive genes that can pop up, or mutations that can be really cool. The BBG7s calyx mutation is totally freaky! really wanting to cross that plant with a few others to see if it comes back up.
Glad i can share the fun. Now just gotta see what these guys ripen up to. :D
Devv said:
I'm getting hammered by the Red Caribbean's and the Funky Reapers. The rest of the Chinense, I guess will show a Sept. performance. I just started too late..first year and all..

But yours is on schedule...and hammer time is quickly approaching...let the games begin!

I give you 2..3 weeks max!
That funky reaper does look quite productive! I was guessing around august 1st, so you probably are right my friend.
About to do a photo dump. Keep an eye & give me a bump?

Douglah from semillas.de
13737479082070.jpg

Long douglah from pepperlover
13737479238321.jpg

Brown 7 lighter color pods
13737479446212.jpg

First 007 pod
13737479637913.jpg

Trin scorp sunrise
13737479866834.jpg

One of the BOC up top
13737480384500.jpg

BB yellow douglah lighter colored pods
13737480686111.jpg

BB yel douglah darker green pods
13737480879872.jpg

Trin Scorp Moruga Blend red
13737481038753.jpg

My first super was a ghost F1, originally from CPI. Last season i only had one plant that produced pods like the first plant. These are from pods of that plant, and showing different shapes. Possibly crossed, but liking them.
13737481740884.jpg

Back