• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

How ya'll doin' ?
Just finished my trail run for today... I love running on sundays. :woohoo:
I went only 25km but am exhausted ...so are my shoes... almost "fubar" in a good year.
trailing27032016.jpg

Finished my preparations for my first half-marathon in mid april, but am not planning doing the second... I like running, but not in the crowds... I need the woods... nature!
And the mountain bike season is beginning shortly...

Damn.  We did 8 km on Sunday and were proud of ourselves, 25km is incredible.  Worth every step for the view

tsurrie said:
How ya'll doin' ?
Just finished my trail run for today... I love running on sundays. :woohoo:
I went only 25km but am exhausted ...so are my shoes... almost "fubar" in a good year.
trailing27032016.jpg

Finished my preparations for my first half-marathon in mid april, but am not planning doing the second... I like running, but not in the crowds... I need the woods... nature!
And the mountain bike season is beginning shortly...

Bumper said:
Damn.  We did 8 km on Sunday and were proud of ourselves, 25km is incredible.  Worth every step for the view

And you should be proud. There's no rule how much, it's the nature that counts. Fresh air and activity...

My classic trails are 8-12km few times a week if I can find the time. Usually I do... Gonna skip to bike pretty soon though, we have 23 C today.

Good news and bad news.  Bad news, I really messed up my shoulder doing the worm (not gunna lie I don't remember any of that) at a wedding a week ago.  It is going to set me back.  Good news, I booked my first camping trip of the season.  The dogs and I are ready to get some hiking and exploring in.  I also brought a pull up bar to my shop so once everything is healed I can get some reps in when I have a lull in the action. 

Bought a new bike yesterday off a friend that is moving and can't take it with.  It is a Trek FX 7.3, barely used but was kept in an unfinished basement so there are some rust spots on the chainset and front derailleur.  I'd take it out for a maiden voyage today but I need to clean the chain and lube it up first!

Rode the new bike a couple times this week, I like everything about it but the handle bars. I don't feel like I ride as fast on this bike, but that could be because I haven't been riding regularly lately.  How's everyone else doin?  

Up nice and early and fixing to go bust a quick 30 miles just for maintence. Big dinner last night and have a lot of work to do today. Glad you are riding, whats the deal with your handle bars?

So I'm just about 2 months shy of my 30th bday, I can do a 1 handed push up but i can't go down all the way probaby 3/4 of the way.  But I did however manage to get a couple 1 handed pullups out... which before this past year I could barely do a pull up at all. So... there's that. 

I was excited about the accomplishment and this morning I tried to get it on video... without warming it or stretching out... bad idea.  but here's the attempt.
I have 47 days left to perfect it... I think the goal for the next year is going to be the human flag, I've always wanted to be able to do that, and always thought it was completely out of reach.  I don't know if a year is enough time for such a feat, but after learning handstand push ups, a one handed push up, and a one handed chin up, I've learned that you just gotta keep at it and try and eventually something will click and it won't seem as hard anymore.  

This is me in 15 years of age:
DSC_12771.JPG

I am the little kid in the left and the much larger lady in the right is my aunt.. :rolleyes:
I was so thin, that i could not get any thinner and only way was up from there.

My army picture and i was about 22 year of age:
armeijakuva.jpg

About 72kg in this picture and had already started my lifting career.

And crappy now picture with my smartphone with a head position that makes my face look much bigger that it is normally right now, almost 36 years of age in few weeks:
IMG_20180128_0920261.jpg

About 86-87kg and still have few kilo to lose from the frame to get really fit.

All natural results of 18 years of training, now about 3 years of heavy kettlebell/bodyweight training 3 times a week and trying to limit any junk food in my eating habits. As you can see, you can get good results even if you are so thin in the beginning, that you could hide behing a pole and now one could see you, so dont lose hope and train hard. :dance:

Jeffcontonio said:
0151c83237929d2fa900ce9a35c72116.jpg
71db3959a05735cd015b0f0c45eec14c.jpg
09eba75fe4ffd89121e3b8d8fad7d401.jpg

I used to be in pretty good shape. I'd like to get back to that shape again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You kind of have the looks of all natural training, but it must have taken few decades of training to get that huge. Myself have always trained mostly alone for all these years, so it takes a lot of motivation to keep going.

Back