• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

Nice Sic! I don't have any fitness related resolutions... I still have my birthday goal to do the 1 handed push up... 7 months left to achieve that but I think it will be done. I got a little lazy and busy since October, but being down here in FL it makes it a lot easier to get out and run/swim/hike.  

Anything going on? Anyone? Anyone getting fit/staying fit? Had to go to page 3 to dust this thread off. Live it till you leave it!

I am going to be doing a JYM program. He has some pretty good workouts, and excellent award winning supplements and protein.  He is worth looking up and reading his product reviews on BodyBuilding.com which is currently his exclusive distributor.

He has a paid website membership that I use, and he also has workout and supp videos and info for free on YouTube and Twitter. 

weather finally got better here!  Went for a run this morning.  It's kind of crazy, I hadn't really worked out much in a month, but my strength improved and I didn't even get too winded on my run.  I did change up my diet a tad, but I've never heard of a diet making you stronger....

Diet for sure can makevyou stronger. Protein and carbs all day or soda and cracker jack. Which do you think muscles like better? Glad the weather is getting better for you. Same here, I was able to start riding at 5 today. Enabling me to bust another century.

I understand maintaining strength with diet, but never thought I'd be stronger.  I cut out most dairy and I've seen crazy improvements all around, not just in strength.  But I do have to cave for pizza every now and again. 

Dont ever stop eating pizza. I want pizza now, dang it. Your fit and lean. Sometimes cutting back on exercise allows your body to put a little more get go in your body. So when you do start back you have extra to fuel your body. Dont worry it wont last long. Lol! I just had my first run of the year the other day and did 4 miles without a hic-up. Could have went more but was smart enough to not want to be very sore the next few days.

GhostPepperz said:
anyone doing a specific workout program?
I don't follow a pre-written program, but I do mostly body weight calisthenic workouts.  I've been slacking lately but usually I try to do at least 2 HIIT a week, and I might run 2 days a week, and then yoga 1-2x/week.  I also do tai chi almost everyday and try to train at least once a week with a partner doing more sparring/martial arts technique work.  

I eat a predominantly plant based diet, and when I drink I have been avoiding beer and usually just drinking bourbon or scotch neat.  Of course I don't follow these dietary things to a T it is just what I strive for, if I feel like eating/drinking something I do it.

Back