• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

I am sad, it's now 50° F (10° c). Everything is just slowing down now. Thankfully I am participating in this winter tomato contest, I think I would go insane. Next year is going to be great, I am starting to plan what I want to grow next year. Maybe I'll post a list. Any superhots that you would recommend? I want something that is super prolific and tastes really good. I did really like the devils tongue someone sent. Makes a nice powder.

I grow peach ghost scorpions and burmese Nagas,  but the way I make sauce the flavour of the chili doesn't come through much, mostly just the heat.  I cook down the chili with garlic and onion and then add shrimp paste with tomato concentrate and cook it down as much as I can and add vinegar to get the texture I want.  So with all those strong flavours, except for the heat of the chili the flavour doesn't really come through.

A time lapse I took of the vine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiW2S4ed4Og

I have some peach bhut seeds, 300 to be exact lol. I just saved seeds from pods I was sent. I really like them. I was also send HUGE red bhut pods, these things were massive. I am definitely putting those on my list.

Neat video! Man those things are cool!

I won't be posting here too often, mostly on bigpumpkins since I started the contest. Everything is going good and everyone has their tomatoes started... I am excited about these proven seeds I got, they germinated within a couple days and it has some cool mutated coty's. It's supposed to throw out megas every flower cluster so I really hope I can get something good going.

My grower diary on bigpumpkins is "TheBigTrent", in case you wanted to see some pictures of the plants progress.

Awesome RJ!!! Those things make me smile every time I look at one. They are something else...

David, long time no hear, how goes it? How is your kin looking?

Going well, the vine is very fast and strong, got my first female flower about 4 foot after the last secondary root, so I might pollinate that one, its slightly closer to the root than I would like, but I dont want to miss any opportunities to pollinate a pumpkin.
P1050675_zpsexrargvv.jpg

P1050676_zpsiiivtylp.jpg

P1050678_zpszpwzdgqh.jpg

P1050673_zpsz8evlisf.jpg

P1050679_zpsobxqxqnz.jpg

Very nice! Well I am out of the tomato contest, someone let my plant die while I was on vacation. :( The AZ giant pumpkin growers are sending out seed packs to all Arizona growers, which is only about 5 of us. There is going to be field pumpkins added, which are slightly larger than normal kins, but are the craziest orange you've ever seen. I am making sure I have a great plot set up, I think I will go with a raised bed just because Arizona soil isn't the best. Field pumpkins plants are not as large as the giants, so it's perfect for my situation. Anyways, it should be a lot of fun. Mostly growing tomatoes, field pumpkins, maybe a Marrow if I can find seeds, and tall sunflowers.

ThePepperTrent said:
Very nice! Well I am out of the tomato contest, someone let my plant die while I was on vacation. :( The AZ giant pumpkin growers are sending out seed packs to all Arizona growers, which is only about 5 of us. There is going to be field pumpkins added, which are slightly larger than normal kins, but are the craziest orange you've ever seen. I am making sure I have a great plot set up, I think I will go with a raised bed just because Arizona soil isn't the best. Field pumpkins plants are not as large as the giants, so it's perfect for my situation. Anyways, it should be a lot of fun. Mostly growing tomatoes, field pumpkins, maybe a Marrow if I can find seeds, and tall sunflowers.
Sucks about the tomato. Hope the pumpkins next year go well.

Back