• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

Okay not trying to brag or anything but I'm freaking excited. Here are the seeds I ordered over a month ago, my next year's exhibition seeds.
S0WAV7E.jpg

95pExC1.jpg

BGEfjVf.jpg

Heavyweight Bell Pepper, they grow to almost a pound
Ailsa Craig onion, 5 pounds or more

Starting a couple of each!

Well the tomato is slowing significantly. I am thinking it will probably start going red soon. It slowed from about .5 inches (1cm) a day to about .2 (.5cm) a day. It could just be saving up energy, but the plant looks visibly done. Curled leaves, real leathery but fragile. Not good. Any advice? I doubt it'll get much bigger. But I am more than happy with it! Over a pound!

have you trimmed the suckers off? It might be putting its energy into the suckers instead of the tomato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgmmz2hCNlY

Super David said:
have you trimmed the suckers off? It might be putting its energy into the suckers instead of the tomato.
Yeah I have, the first couple weeks it just wanted to grow the plant, hasn't tried anything else. So maybe energy is spent?

Either am I. I have kept it on the same feeding program for, well ever since she was a wee lass. I heard the seem to grow slow then ripen. Let's see! Day's are shorter so you may be on to something.

Well I had to pick the tomato because it froze last night, sadly the scale says it's an ounce short of 1 pound. I don't believe the scale because I used a 1 pound stick of butter and the scale said that was 15 ounces. Guess what the tomato weighed? 15 ounces...
qWNiWCf.jpg

nmQA69s.jpg

GRQu5Dj.jpg

9aOXboE.jpg

15.8 ounces is close enough to a pound that I am willing to call this... the
1.0 Driver UNOFFICIAL

It must have been close to turning red because it is more than half red now. Gunna wait until it's fully red to see if there are seeds. Probably won't grow them out though.

I guess not. Sad. Oh well, next tomato I am going to leave it on until it's done. I have someone sending me a bunch of seeds for next year's garden in exchange for some pepper seeds. One of the seeds throws out huge blooms consistently, every plant supposedly. There is a contest going on that I entered, indoor winter giant tomato. Started by a friend and I, we currently have 13 growers from 3 countries that are joining in on the contest. We are also making custom ribbons for first, second and third place. Just waiting on the seeds to get here then I'll be starting two plants so I can cross. Just going to give us something to do while winter rolls in... Speaking of that, winter is going to be brutal this year!

That sounds good!  I wish there was more of a giant growing community in Western Australia.  Feels like I'm the only one interested

Strange that you don't, the weather seems like it would be perfect you'd think more people would do that sort of thing. So to get seeds do you have to import them?

Seems to be much more popular in the eastern states.  So there is a site I can get seeds from there and also one fellow that is happy to share his seeds.

So I guess it's like the U.S. I am the only one, that I know of, that is growing. I have to ask guys from southern states if I want seeds. Team Pumpkin Arizona hopes to change that next year.

Back