beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

Yeah, the plate-chiller got the wort down to 78F last batch ... which was almost good enough ...

I realized though, why pond pump ice water through it when I can stick the corny w/ wort right into ice-bath in garbage can after plate chilling, until perfect pitching temp ...

grantmichaels said:
Yeah, the plate-chiller got the wort down to 78F last batch ... which was almost good enough ...

I realized though, why pond pump ice water through it when I can stick the corny w/ wort right into ice-bath in garbage can after plate chilling, until perfect pitching temp ...

It's worth a try :)

grantmichaels said:

Should be fine, the keg is highly conductive ... and I typically only need like 10-15F after plate chilling w/ tap water ...

One of the things that happens to me is that all of a sudden work load changes (jobs held up by cabinetry or especially tile assholes) and I have free time ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453162060.935320.jpg

For when I can brew, but don't have the advance notice for a starter and/or recipe formulation, weighing/milling etc ...

I cant even use just ground water to cool down my wort during the winter

although when you are transferring 7bbls in like 7 or 8 minutes, it takes a little more

drinking a Genesee Light

10.49 a case

broke people holla!!!

I need to start getting paid from the damn brewery already, i havent had a job in a month, and even when I did i only worked about once a week for 6 months before I didnt have a job

I am officially out of funds until I get my paychecks from the brewery

on a good note, I will never have to pay for beer again, and all my breakfasts and lunches will be from the kitchen at the brewery so that is gonna help pay off the debt im going into right now

tctenten said:
That was quick!   :dance:

I'm going to brew a couple of single-gallon batches on the stove-top tomorrow, I think ...

Working tonight to make the time/space ...

*I* was going to do it tonight, *D* asked for tomorrow instead ...

Wheebz dropped a recipe in my blog that called for 60 degree fermentation. Basement sitting at 62f right now so I think I will take advantage of the weather in Feb to brew it.

Sounds good ...

Was that  the Americanized Adjunct Lager? ... I can't remember ... or the Blue Moon-ISH one that Ozzy's been talking about? ...

The only thing I do not like about them is when you go to siphon the beer out. The mini-siphon does not fit in the opening. So I then tried to unscrew the bigger lid and everytime it was "stuck".

Back