beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

tctenten said:
The only thing I do not like about them is when you go to siphon the beer out. The mini-siphon does not fit in the opening. So I then tried to unscrew the bigger lid and everytime it was "stuck".

I see, so krausen is getting up there ...

I'll put a single drop of Fermcap-S in the fermenter then, to keep the krausen down a bit ...

To aerate after I pitch yeast I turn on its side and rock back and forth for a few minutes. I am sure that is part of the sticking issue. If that smaller hole was just a wee bit wider the auto siohon would fit.

tctenten said:
To aerate after I pitch yeast I turn on its side and rock back and forth for a few minutes. I am sure that is part of the sticking issue. If that smaller hole was just a wee bit wider the auto siohon would fit.

I'll just bubble pure into it for 15 seconds ...

I think it's down at the size where you can put a stopper/airlock in it, but I'm not positive of that ...

Just realized I still haven't kegged/crashed the Wild in the Sacch batch ...

Our semi-paralyzed dog is commanding quite a lot of attention, I guess ...

Maybe I can knock that out tonight, though ...

Did you know that your stout stands up to mixing 1:1 w/ SK rum? I found some much needed release the other night through that ...

First I put a shot in ... 'nice, subtle' ... then i added a second ... 'mmm, tasty!' ...

Then I filled the NitroBrew fifty-fifty and slammed the glass in five seconds thanks to the tiny bubbles ...

most of the ideas behind my beers stem from a potential to barrel age them in different varieties of oak or first used barrels

that stout recipe I gave you I have done in 2 barrels as well as served it straight. Best one I had was a barrel of Appleton Estate dark rum cask

I ended up just getting shavings of that barrel when I was down in Florida and did 10 gallons on them, and it was fucking phenomenal

it was called Betrayal Imperial Stout when I was there

you probably wont find reviews on it because it was super limited but it was glorious
I have an awesome imperial porter recipe that I want you to make

medium body, 7.5% ABV, vanilla and cacao nibs in the fermenter, it actually makes it taste like cappuccino

Also, without a doubt brewing 3-4x different beers on that beer's ratios as the first outside batch (12-15 gallons) ...

Your stout, my Red-Eye, and a slightly dialed-back version of the Bhut stout are the only things I've brewed so far that I'm likely to brew again ...

In truth, I think I'll just retrofit the bhut stout to your stout, as one of the variants, and then my life is simple ...

I'm going to brew the second outdoor brew day as a 3-4x variants on the Red-Eye ...

Revisiting my Sansaire-sparging prototype ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453529623.248244.jpg

wheebz said:
most of the ideas behind my beers stem from a potential to barrel age them in different varieties of oak or first used barrels

that stout recipe I gave you I have done in 2 barrels as well as served it straight. Best one I had was a barrel of Appleton Estate dark rum cask

I ended up just getting shavings of that barrel when I was down in Florida and did 10 gallons on them, and it was f**king phenomenal

it was called Betrayal Imperial Stout when I was there

you probably wont find reviews on it because it was super limited but it was glorious

I have an awesome imperial porter recipe that I want you to make

medium body, 7.5% ABV, vanilla and cacao nibs in the fermenter, it actually makes it taste like cappuccino

Betrayal ... lol ... I think I get it, now ...

You ready for me to brew this beer? ... I've been up for 20 mins and I'm bored already ...

tctenten said:
Is it best to leave picnic tap attached to keg while it is in fridge? Or attach just when dispensing?

It's safest to yank it in terms of leaking - but each time it drips a little bit and makes a mess, but I don't yank them once the keg's are in my service freezer typically ...

Back