beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

tctenten said:
So will you be brewing Wheebz porter today?

I have Wheebz recipe for 30 bbl, and will be scaling it down after coffee, and I'm allowed to post this one for you guy's ...

I'm going to verify it w/ him and do all of that before I post it up, so I don't have to edit the post 80x times ...

If I can steal Crystal 60 from one of my beer kits, or have a substitute, I might brew it this afternoon ...

If I don't have it, I'll order some Crystal 60 and do cad/cam work today, and brew the beer on a dedicated brew day mid-week ...

Sounds delicious ... very much looking forward to it ...

Perfect, that is easy for me.   So now that I legged and I noticed that to bottle from a keg, to share with you guys and others  I need a double regulator?  Can I add onto my existing Tap-rite, or do I need to buy a double now?  

Or can you use a splitter or something?

tctenten said:
Perfect, that is easy for me.   So now that I legged and I noticed that to bottle from a keg, to share with you guys and others  I need a double regulator?  Can I add onto my existing Tap-rite, or do I need to buy a double now?  

Or can you use a splitter or something?

there's a way to do it w/ a splitter ...

Well, I guess I need to process this Wild in the Sacch batch ... and at least get it off the yeast and get it fining in the cold ...

I'll knock that out, now, get a taste from the jar, and then I'll take a shower and sit down to get drunk and convert Wheebz recipe to stove-top size ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453592087.739548.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453592107.043843.jpg

Wheebz Imperial Porter

Batch Size:       2.5 gallon
Est. Efficiency: 62.5%
Target OG:        17P
Target IBU's:     25
Estimated FG:   3.8-3.9
Estimated ABV: 7.3%

85.5% 2-row (British)        108.7 oz
  5.5% Crystal 60L                   7 oz
     4% Flaked Barley             5.1 oz
     3% Chocolate Malt           3.8 oz
     2% Carafa Special III        2.6 oz

Mash for a pre-boil gravity around 13.25-13.5P, or 60 mins, at 152F, with good pH.

Boil for 75 mins, using a single bittering addition of .4 oz 8.5%AA Northern Brewer hops at 60 mins, for 25 IBU's.

Add 2 oz cacao nibs and 1/2 vanilla bean (split) at whirlpool.

Oxygenate, then pitch 1x packet of US-05, and ferment at 67F.

I didn't have C60, and needed to rack the Wild in the Sack batch, so I placed an MoreBeer order for Thu, and will brew it next Fri or Sat ...

I need to drink beer and make room ...

Back