beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

12654351_10153395214017205_503195119196543736_n.jpg

harry34.JPG

12565489_10153386100672205_5937814587461584972_n.jpg

haha, nice - get in there!

i just double-checked a 3 gal version of your recipe i converted the other night to make sure it was right, after having made the other one 2.5 gal for tctenten, but wanting to maximize the batch, LOL ...

i don't see anything that i need to do tonight for tomorrow, which makes me happy, actually ...

not going to be maxing out the basket, doesn't need a starter, and should be an entirely straight-forward and reasonable brew-session ...

tctenten said:
Will be watching from work and will hopefully replicate this weekend.  Northern Brewers could be the slowest ever.

I know, they are completely ridiculous, but especially if you elect the economy/saver shipping ...

What that means to them is, "process and ship my order when you have time, at a discount" ...
grantmichaels said:

I know, they are completely ridiculous, but especially if you elect the economy/saver shipping ...

What that means to them is, "process and ship my order when you have time, at a discount" ...

on the other hand, getting sealed bags for 1 lb grain orders is really nice if you are stocking it ... and they have a complete selection of grains and std fare yeast, always ... and fast pitch ...

reheated half of a spicy chicken wrap with roquefort cheese on it to dip in a half a bowl of that chili i made

holy fuck 
drool.gif

i am so glad i just barely browned that london broil and threw it in the chili at flame out, its the most tender broil ive ever done, and I have done a shitload of broils

yea I used a brewing term, kiss my ass

wheebz said:
yea I used a brewing term, kiss my ass

you think i can ferment that Deebo batch to 17.5% using only WLP090 ( http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53751-remgrandt/?p=1268577 )

i don't think i'm going to pitch WLP099 behind it this time, but I am planning to give it additional oxygen somewhere like 6-10 hours later, because i know that beer is going to sit for a long time on a cake, and then a really long time conditioning due to it's size, so i'm thinking any effects from that initial oxidation would have ample time to turn into sherry notes or whatever by the time that beer will get carbed up to drink ... and there's going to be a medium plus spiral ... and there's going to be maillards from the treacle ... and smoked cacao nibs ...

what do you think?

also, is this ( http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53751-remgrandt/?p=1268568 ) an American-style Barleywine at this point, or still more of an Imperial IPA? ...

grantmichaels said:

GM. that's like 10 maybe 20 kinds of awesome!

wheebz said:
ci9mCuk.jpg

WELL I MADE CHILI!!!!

and unfortunately I realized way after the fact that I didn't have a big enough pot for all the meat

so I did this

I knew my old homebrew kettle would come in handy for something

xZigAua.jpg

That's about the size pot I have to use to make mine, which I'll be doing starting early Saturday. Sunday is the Superbowl and the Men's group at church has an Annual Chili cook off and I'm the reigning champion. So I'll be defending my title. Changing it up just a little bit this year as some Venison came my way by chance ;) so I'll be using Venison, Bison and Bovine in it this year. Actually I'll be starting Friday when I smoke the 10 pound brisket that goes into it. I'll post it up in the RocketMan thread so y"all can try it if you like. It's based on 15 years of winning recipes at the Original Terlingua International Chili Cook off held every year in Terlingua, TX. It's the Superbowl of Chili competition. 

Oh yeah, glad to see there weren't any beans in there :)

Ozzy2001 said:
Lol did you time your additions so you can replicate your recipe?

Best Comment Yet!!!!!!!!!

Back