beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

I like all Stouts and Porters at just a touch below Cellar temp. That way they're more apt to be cellar temp while drinking them.

Installed a filter on the kitchen tap, ran the water for 10 mins to def clear the pipes, and took the sample right around the time of day I'm likely to brew going forward (night) ...

I'll be curious to see the water data, both for brewing and for drinking, and for the Aerogarden/EasyGreen/watering etc ...

I think if I'd brewed w/ my system already once, I could have squeezed in a batch this evening ...

As it is, though, I haven't yet, and I wasn't sure that it wouldn't screw me up on getting my work done - so I held off.

I only need to clamp all of the ends of all of the silicone tubes still, and then I need to run some cleaner/sanitizer through the plate chiller, and then figure out how to run the other (pond) pump for the immersion chiller (also, need an extension cord to bring power over, so I'll have to wait for that to come Friday) ...

I need to actually install the fermentation controllers between the freezers and the outlets, too.

The real key is doing a good job at work Thursday and Friday, so I can brew all the way up until Sunday evening ...

It's imminent.

The first wave was a trio of one gallon brews found elsewhere on the site ...

This newly created second wave will be the 2.5/3 gallon batches on the new system:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435221797.268175.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435221908.190068.jpg

Last night I setup a charcoal filter for chlorine-filtration, and sent off a water sample to the lab to see what kind of water is coming this time of year ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435222235.525837.jpg

Tonight, a little while ago, I clamped down the silicone tubing to (hopefully) eliminate the leaking while running the pump.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435222339.915772.jpg

Other than that ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435222385.550973.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435222398.101683.jpg

Grade B nitro infused cold brew whiskey barrel-aged coffee ftw! ...

Well, here we go =)

Ding, Ding ... Round Two!

CHEERS!

Yeah, I'm going to brew some beer today ...

Can't use the plate chiller, though - I had to order some 1/2" barb to garden-hose fittings, and then I'll have to pick up whatever adapter from Ace converts female garden hose to kitchen faucet too.

But it's not a blocker, I'll fetch a bag of ice and use the immersion chiller/pond pump for this weekend and it'll be fine enough ;)

Back