beer =[ GM's 1st 16x Batches, and/or 10 mo. Brewing ]=

I have Beersmith on my laptop and have loaded several recipes into it however I've been using the recipe calculator over at Brewer's Friend more lately for recipe development. I like them both though so it's hard to say which one I'll be more apt to stay with more.

Brewers Friend also has some nice calculators including ABV and for brewing water though I like the spreadsheet at ex water more. I just need to get a sample tested to get my starting numbers for it.

tctenten said:
I was thinking about getting the iOS app. Do you like it and can I use it to keep records of what I am brewing?
Like GM I don't put any recipies in here, but I use it a lot for temperature conversion on gravity and figuring ABV. I like beersmith for my recipies. It's pretty detailed. I haven't had the time to get it totally dialed in with the equipment I have.

I'd like to try the beersmith app, but from what I can tell the app and the program don't work together (maybe they do I'm not sure). I wouldn't want to re enter all my recipies into 2 programs. But it would be nice to just enter all my numbers right into the app instead of writing everything down.

Just checked and according to the write up on The Beersmith app, you can develop a recipe in Beersmith on your desk/laptop and pull it up on your iOS or Android version for brew day.

7E57EF12-ABAE-4CC9-ADFB-BCFFA2DC0D11_zpsydx4ap6i.png

That's what I do ...

I use it to be able to review them etc, but not create them ...

When I'm done, I copy to the cloud, and then it can be pulled from the cloud onto the iOS app ...

It'll show you the basics  enough to weigh out grains and to know the quantities for the hopping schedule etc ...

RocketMan said:
Just checked and according to the write up on The Beersmith app, you can develop a recipe in Beersmith on your desk/laptop and pull it up on your iOS or Android version for brew day.

7E57EF12-ABAE-4CC9-ADFB-BCFFA2DC0D11_zpsydx4ap6i.png
Well, sheet. Guess I'll be purchasing that then.

it's useful enough to justify the relatively low cost ...

it's beer-thirty ... just shut down my cad station and poured the last non-grapefruit Sculpin ...

also force carbing my newest batch for consumption ... and not force carbing the miyagi stout, for far-future consumption ...

So ... can't wait, had to have a little preview taste of Miyagi's stout ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447459194.850587.jpg

Hawt dayum that's good!

Has a nice mouthfeel, the whirlpool ingredient is front and center - in the best way possible ...

It's different, but already it's better than the D.E. ...

I'm extra appreciative to Wheebz for sharing this one, as it's genuinely the kind of stout that I've gotten into homebrewing to be able to make ...

Amazeballs, really ...

:cheers:

Cup of IPyeast, lol ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447461720.331963.jpg

Basically all yeast and hop crap ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447461746.547126.jpg

The hops are doing their part, but I can't tell anything about taste through that much yeast ...

More this weekend ...

How much beer line you running off keg?  I got 5 ft.  It works up to prime carb around 5-7 days at 12 lbs.  Then it gets a little too foamy.  Lowering pressure seems to change the flavor after a couple days.  Correct beer line length seems to be an issue and hard to dial in. 

I was thing about trying one of those epoxy mixers in the beer line.   

Stout looks awesome. 

Back