• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.

Not much going on. Its my moms birthday. Me and the boy are going to spoil her. I cant show enough gratitude for all that she has done for us. What an amazing woman.

Hey Jane! I dont know what kind of hoop scale your looking into, but I have a bender for 12x6-7 ft hoops. Your more than welcome to barrow it. You use 1 3/8 top rail fencing pole. It takes some patience, but can be done. Thats what I used for my hoophouse. I was thinking of buying a smaller one to make row covers. Anyways, PM me if you need anything. Have a great day!

Sic, youve already talked yourself into the bike ride. Have fun, brother.

Sandy, hope the weather has hold out for your wilds. Have a great day.

GIP, you rock! Thanks again for the pods. Already making my list for next year. Includes some of those varieties. Let me know if there is any seeds you want. Nothing promising in the greenhouse yet.

Have a great day you all.

Chuck

Hello everyone & Good Morning...its a bit nippy here in the mornings but the days warm up nicely.

Hi Chuck..glad you had a mini vacation and judging by the photos the scenery was enjoyable,
Do enjoy time with your mom & tell her Happy Birthday for me  :P 
My wilds are doing good except for one..yes that one..I'll send you some seeds for wilds & others I think you'd
 like for next year later on.You know I don't grow super hot stuff,can't stomach those. ;)

Have a great day &  be safe..those wild fires in Cali.,  seems to be not contained yet...I feel for those folks,imagine
having your home burned down..such a tragedy...who's helping those folks..I don't see any Federal help out there??

Good morning everyone. Chuck's got the ice cubes temp, we'll all bring the rest.

Chuck, thanks so much for the offer for your bender. At the moment it's just a dream, but at least we're talking about it. I'd like something to cover the peppers before freezes, nothing permanent like you have. It'd have to be broken down at the end of the season. This 'tarp' just isn't doing what I'd like. Too many frozen plants.

GIP - your aribibi g. Peppers pack a powerful punch for such a tiny pepper! I cut one up into my little bowl of chili - whew! My ears were steamin'. Beautiful peppers. Thanks again.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Stay safe and share the smiles.

Happy Birthday to Chuck's Mom!

Good morning all :)

so happy to hear that your safe Hogleg :D

Well i'm surprised at how long i've been able to extend this outdoor grow season here this year  :party:
40 plants left, all moved into the driveway, as it gets a couple more hours of direct sun this time of year there, and i think the driveway holds in a little heat from the day.
They get covered with sheets at night, except last night because it was raining.
They do look rough, some have some frost burn, but only on the tips that will soon be cut off when i trim them way back anyway before bringing them in for overwintering.
 Weatherman says 52F/11C this afternoon, and supposedly going to get up to the 70's by Friday  :shocked: !?!
Going to do more picking today, maybe get a couple more boxes shipped out tomorrow if there's any interest for some late season peppers.
I still have lots to roast, then peel, then freeze for Rellenos and such we'll make all winter.
Going to have plenty of various pickled peppers for snacking, and sandwiches and stuff too  :dance:

glad your enjoying the peppers Jane :) That Aribibi Gusano looks so little and cute, but they pack some heat  :mouthonfire: and the plant is very prolific too  :)

Hope you all have a spectacular Sunday
S.M.I.L.E.

Good Morning Everyone...definitely not a "sun day"  :rolleyes:   howeva the leaves are golden and a pretty sight.

The winds in  Northern  California have not been curtailed yet,its really bad,don't see Fema/Govt.
sending help there,thousands homeless,40 dead,200 missing...oh,yes,do realize that California  is not the right color to get help,
how pathetic...when last I checked they pay Federal taxes too..that's just how it is here now ..so obviously wrong/evil,oh well
I'm in the same predicament here.
Thinking of all affected & hope things get better soon,especially chiliheads here like Hoggie. ;)

Back