• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Morning Everyone...today is sunny .40's but really windy ..leaves blowing all over the place.
Have a safe & pleasant day. ;)

There are 11 foods that boost eye health..today I will start with
#1   Fish
Cold-water fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which may help protect against dry eyes, macular degeneration and even cataracts.

salmon-grilled-board-462x428.jpg

Good Morning ...hope your day is pleasant ..today is cloudy ..supposed to be in the low 50's.
Continuing on Eye Health foods to have in your diet .
#2. Not a crowd favorite.. Leafy Greens
Spinach, kale and collard greens, to name a few, are full of lutein and zeaxanthin, plant pigments that can help stem the development of macular degeneration and cataracts. Broccoli, peas and avocados are also good sources of this powerful antioxidant duo.I love avocados & brocolli/peas.

*Some people don't like veges..esp. kids..this category is the most important in my eyes ;)
                             Be creative with salads& such.try avocados in a sandwich instead of mayo..great.

kale-leaf-462x428.jpg

Good Morning ...temp in the 50's but the high wind will be here till tonight...hopefully no Power outage..enough of that
There are many substitutions..like broccoli/spinach/brus sprouts/cabbage/collards greens/peas.Kale has the most eye  nutrients.

#3   Eggs.
The vitamins and nutrients in eggs, including lutein and vitamin A (which may protect against night blindness and dry eyes), promote eye health and function..eggs however are high in cholesterol...and the yolk is rich in lutein...so what t do?Eat 1 or 2 eggs a week/eat broccoli & carrots.

Fortunately we have choices here...sometimes we have to put our health first,especially given that health care  is getting the thumbs down/higher costs for the average American or so it seems/an aging population & drug prices sky high...we have to prioritize right??As an advocate of health I  believe in sharing info., the rest  well???
breaking-egg-462x428.jpg

Good Morning ..hopefully its a short work  week for most,not so in healthcare & necessary services..but we deal with it..never been a biggy for me.
Today #4 foods for eye health       Whole Grains
A diet containing foods with a low glycemic index (GI) can help reduce your risk for age-related macular degeneration.

Choosing whole grains

Make at least half the grains in your diet whole grains. You can find whole-grain versions of rice, bread, cereal, flour and pasta at most grocery stores. Many whole-grain foods, including a variety of breads, pastas and cereals, are ready to eat.
Examples of whole grains include:
  • Barley                                  
    Choosing whole grains

Make at least half the grains in your diet whole grains. You can find whole-grain versions of rice, bread, cereal, flour and pasta at most grocery stores. Many whole-grain foods, including a variety of breads, pastas and cereals, are ready to eat.
    Examples of whole grains include:
  • Barley
  • Brown rice
  • Buckwheat
  • Bulgur (cracked wheat)
  • Millet
  • Oatmeal
  • Popcorn
  • Whole-wheat bread, pasta or crackers
  • Brown rice
  • Buckwheat
  • Bulgur (cracked wheat)
  • Millet
Make barley soup/cut up some spinach or kale/broccoli & place in pot  towards the end so its not overcooked...kale cut in bits is hardly noted,yet oh so good....little adjustments in diet makes a huge difference...so who really  wants to talk about healthy eating close to Thanks G...eh?Every little bit you can do to improve/maintain health helps! :P
Be safe/healthy & happy...............
quinoa-bowl-462x428.jpg

Back