• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

good afternoon all 

supposed to be another wet day today and tomorrow  :neutral:  but i'll take the cooler weather that comes with this rain happily  :)

Probably going to pull my Garlic this weekend after we get a couple dry days. Maybe 1/4 of the plants have some drying in the tips of the leaves, but they look like they are still growing good so maybe i should leave them for couple of weeks still?

The lilies and daylillies are blooming and some of them smell so sweet, it's beautiful when the wind blows and you catch their fragrance 
i'll need to upload some pics. cant believe how tall a few of these lilies got this year  :shocked:

Cherries are doing great, mulberries are still not ripe yet this year  :think:
The peppers look half drown / washed out  :(  picking up more Espoma Garden Tone today to do a top dressing on all the peppers 

hope you all have a great day and a safe 4th of July celebration this week
if your gonna have fireworks think about the combat veterans, also animals with their sensitive ears,etc.  :(  just be respectful and safe with the fireworks please. 

time for more coffee and a late breakfast  Oatmeal with tart Cherries  :drooling:
S.M.I.L.E. and have a wonderful day  :D

Probably going to pull my Garlic this weekend after we get a couple dry days. Maybe 1/4 of the plants have some drying in the tips of the leaves, but they look like they are still growing good so maybe i should leave them for couple of weeks still?

GIP - It sounds like your garlic is growing great and is not ready to be dug. Wait until the plant has only 5 or so top leaves still green and it should be ready to harvest. It is much easier to dig out in dry dirt - I had to dig in both dry and wet soil this year. Check them in another week. Hopefully your arm will have healed well by then. Use a pitchfork, digging about 4" away from the plant so you won't cut through it.

catherinew said:

GIP - It sounds like your garlic is growing great and is not ready to be dug. Wait until the plant has only 5 or so top leaves still green and it should be ready to harvest. It is much easier to dig out in dry dirt - I had to dig in both dry and wet soil this year. Check them in another week. Hopefully your arm will have healed well by then. Use a pitchfork, digging about 4" away from the plant so you won't cut through it.
thank you.

and thanks again for the garlic  :D

Happy Independence Day, everyone. Looks like there will be lots of hot weather today. We're spending a few days on a lake in Battle Creek with friends. Woke up to a display of 30 hot air balloons passing by this morning. All things considered, life here in the U S of A is pretty good. Stay safe.

gH7ybFy.png

the flowers are putting on their own little fireworks shows with more daylilies each day  :party:
its already 76f/24c and 87% humidity here at 8am  hope we get that predicted rain this evening.

Happy 4th everyone  :)

stay safe, be courteous, and have fun 
S.M.I.L.E.  :D

HAPPY  4th EVERYONE ...GOOD  MORNING

Free-Happy-4th-Of-July-Message.jpg

Back