• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good early afternoon. Too many responsibilities this AM. I made some Cowboy Candy yesterday, had lots of syrup left over, so I used it with cucumbers for pickles. Hopefully this experiment will be a hit with those people who don't like dill pickles.

Happiness to you all for the rest of the week. We may get a touch of rain in the next few days. Those wildfires in CA are horrendous.

Well, this 5th hail storm just pinged away everything in my gardens at home and at the community garden. The good news is that the beets and the carrots may not have leaves anymore, but they will survive. We shall see if the skeleton pepper plants make a comeback. The rest of the plants are toast.

There is always next year -

catherinew said:
Well, this 5th hail storm just pinged away everything in my gardens at home and at the community garden. The good news is that the beets and the carrots may not have leaves anymore, but they will survive. We shall see if the skeleton pepper plants make a comeback. The rest of the plants are toast.

oh no  :(

i don't have as many ripe by now as last year, but i do still have 'plenty' of peppers.
let me know if you'd like a mixed box of peppers.

:cheers: 

"i don't have as many ripe by now as last year, but i do still have 'plenty' of peppers.
let me know if you'd like a mixed box of peppers."

Thanks, GIP. I can't believe how quick this storm came up on us. Just this AM I was just admiring how the peppers were beginning to form, etc. And now not even any plants! The weather this year has been some of the worst I've ever seen. My husband's new car is now also pinged!!  There's always next year. Even the plants under the deck got decimated because the wind/hail was blowing sideways.

You are very generous to offer peppers. Maybe near the end of the season I would love to have any you don't want. You were so very generous last year. Thank you.

catherinew said:

So sorry to hear this.  Fingers crossed for beets and peppers!

Good morning everyone. The red sun is shining and the cooler weather is definitely welcome. Think I will make pickles if I can find some dill! Cleanup can wait another day. I can hear coyotes yipping in the gully so they must like the cooler weather, too.

Have a beautiful day, share the joy, and drive safely.

Back