• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning, everyone. Been making lots of crabapple jam, both with and without hot peppers. More apple picking tonight. I seem to get busier as the harvest comes around ;) . We've been plagued with 'gypsies' in our neighborhood this past week - the people who come around after a storm to see about installing a new roof or - fixing the damage. Some of them are TOO persistent. I just walk away.

Hope your day is a bright one. Drive safely and keep loved ones close.

Good morning!  Here are wishes to have a good day and a nice, relaxing weekend.

Talk about wacky weather.....It's the "dog days" of August and it was 57F when I woke this morning.  It's the new normal.

Working on more red sauce (bought more tomatoes) and a peach pie for my ladies' poker weekend.  Wish me luck!  Jane, I made crabapple liquor the other year with our crabapples.  It made delicious crabapple cosmos!  My husband had files and files on the gypsies or "grifters" that would scam his customers when he was still in the lightning rod and power protection business.  It was the same families, year after year.  The police could never do anything because they were long gone by the time his customers realized what had happened.

Good morning and happy Friday all  :)

warm and humid here this morning 67f/19c and 91% humidity at 6:30 am
supposed to rain this afternoon. gonna try to get more peppers picked this morning before then.

Be kind, S.M.I.L.E. :D and have an excellent day 

hope you all had a great week and are ready for a wonderful weekend

Good Morning, everyone. Been making more crabapple jam and more other jam today. We picked apples so applesauce and pies are in order. Best of luck with your peach pie, Nancy. I have a friend who makes green tomato pie that tastes like apple pie.

We had some visitors to the community garden this AM, so I gave away a few things, even with their pings, mostly broccoli.

Hope is day is going well and that your work will bring smiles to everyone.

Nancy - ever made peach or other fruit liqueur? Sounds like you made some from the crabapples. I never thought of using that fruit. We used to made 'cherry bounce' when we had a sour cherry tree. :party:

catherinew said:
Nancy - ever made peach or other fruit liqueur? Sounds like you made some from the crabapples. I never thought of using that fruit. We used to made 'cherry bounce' when we had a sour cherry tree. :party:

Good morning, all!  Heading up to a girlfriend's cabin in Eagle's Mere for a ladies only poker weekend.  Wish me luck!

Jane, No peach, only limoncello.  And vanilla using spent vanilla beans.  Years ago, however, I  helped my brother make wine with persimmons from a tree he found on one of his job sites.  It ended up such a dee-li-ciouos dessert wine.

Back