• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

It's my off Friday and it figures that nasty severe storms are over the KC metro.  Big wind.  Tree/roof damage.  Torrential rain.  Power outages.  I hope it clears up soon.  I need to get outside.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning.  Some rumbles of thunder.  Family reunion day.  We'll see how it goes.  Yesterday's rain and high winds did a number on the garden.  I'm hopeful all will recover.  We are sick of it.  This has been the worst year in my memory for rain and storms.  The news caster's say we are reaching historical rain levels.  We are praying for some normalcy.  Be good and be safe.  

Good Morning.  Unbelievably, it's storming again.  Not just a little thunder storm.  It's a full up monsoon.  Torrential rain.  Lightning struck extremely close a few minutes ago but it's too dangerous to go out and check for damage.  This is beyond ridiculous.  It just has to end.  It has to.  Have a great day and be safe.  

Good morning.  Almost 6" of rain over the weekend and now it's official .... the wettest year ever in the KC area to date.  I'm hopeful that it might stop for at least a few days.  With all of the wind and the rain, parts of the garden have been flattened.  We'll see if it recovers.  We lost some electronics in yesterday morning's lightning strike but I guess it could be worse.  Today's work schedule doesn't look too bad.  Be safe and be good.   

Good morning.  Of course ...... storms are in the forecast for this evening.  My schedule doesn't look too bad today.  Picked and ate my first 2 tomatoes yesterday.  Also picked my first pepper ..... it was a shishito.  Headed to Ontario for my annual fishing trip on Saturday.  Looking forward to it.   Be safe and be good.   

Good morning, all!  We're having a heat wave!  August weather in June, but, at least it's stopped raining.  Siccy, be careful ... you get a different kind of heat down there.  Harry, I know all too well your day and was fortunate enough to be able to walk away from it.  Keep on smiling.  Your day will come.  Have a safe trip.  

Spread some kindness...it's contagious!

Back