• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  Light rain on the drive in to work.  Today's office schedule sucks.  I still have a few pepper plants that are struggling but I've got at least a 100 spares .... LOL.  The garden has been attacked by freakin' Colorado potato beetles.  In the larval stage.  They hit the potatoes first and I noticed that some are going after one of my tomato plants.  This is first year we've had them in 7 or 8 years.  I've been picking them off and dropping them in soapy water.  Nasty buggers.  Everybody be good and be safe.  

Good morning everyone. Had to replace 2 peppers, suspect a cutworm. I now have no plants in reserve. The garden is getting greener with the rains we have had, the iris blooms are fading, and garlic scapes have to be cut. So now come the bugs. Sorry about the potato beetle, Harry. I have flea beetles on the tomatoes and a few grasshopper at the moment.

Northern NY is a beautiful state, especially Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. You can find beauty everywhere. Have a wonderful day and share the joy you find.

good morning and happy Friday all :)

partly cloudy with a high forecast today of 76F/25C then more rain this weekend, again.  :neutral:
got most everything transplanted, just need some decent weather for more than a day or two at a time and everything should take off real quick :)
almost all the pubes have already started showing their pretty purple flowers  :dance:

hope you all have a wonderful weekend 
S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good Morning.  Calling for rain off/on this weekend.  Damn it.  :mad:  Need to mow and trim for sure.  I'll replace a few struggling pepper plants this weekend.  I've also got to get in the ground a few Kashmiri Chile plants I'm growing for a co-worker.  Everything else looks pretty good.  The blackberries are just starting to turn color too.  I'm hopeful to escape the office by 2:00 (we'll see how that goes).  Be good and be safe.  

GM.  All seems ok.  A little early rain.  Cloudy.  Our 2 year old grandson spent the night with us.  I'm watching Paw Patrol and drinking a cup of coffee  :banghead: .  Got the mowing done yesterday so it's gardening today.  Shrimp boil is in the plan for tonight  :woohoo:   .  Be safe and be good.  

Back