• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 57 on its way to 86.  No rain.  Busy day ahead of me .... many meetings.  I have tomorrow off .... so today is my Thursday/Friday.  Looking forward to weekend.  Looks like I might need to start mowing twice a week!  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. It’s time to give the hail damaged/overwintered peppers a bit more sun. They are starting to look healthy. Yesterday 3 of the people that received peppers wrote to say they had a pepper growing. All were poblanos. The excitement of first growers.  :P

I hope you all have a great day. Enjoy the day and stay healthy.

good morning all :)

59F on it's way up to 74F this afternoon, looks like sunny with a few clouds for the next week in the forecast.

Garlic bed is doing great :D
Berries and cherries look like they will be putting out a decent yield this year.
Climbing rose has more blooms on it than i ever remember seeing before
some of the first re blooming daylillies started blooming 

I really want to get out and do some fishing :)
but the garden comes first, and with all the rain, it seems mowing is going to be a constant chore this year.

Waffles with fresh strawberries and blueberries for breakfast this morning, then outside to pull more weeds, and rearrange the rows of peppers in grow bags so they got more space each.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend

stay safe, be kind, and remember to S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good morning everyone. Good to see GIP healthy again. It looks like a 90*F forecast for at least a week. The garden looks promising, as long as the hail stays away. The rhubarb is huge even with weekly harvesting. Most of the iris have faded, can’t wait to divide them as a few of the clumps did not flower too well. It looks like a busy day at the CG, weeding and fertilizing. 

Enjoy your day, share the work and the fun. Stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's hot and humid in the "middle".  Went fishing Friday and caught of mess of catfish and bluegills.  Yesterday was lawn day.  Mowed, trimmed, filled up the kids stock tank pool and started another landscaping project.  The garden looks good but we're going to have to install the watering system early this year.  We might do that today.  No rain in the forecast.  We've had the grand kids for most of the weekend.  Thinking about frying up some fish tonight.  I announced my retirement last Thursday.  Effective 18 September!!!!  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning.  It's 66 on its way to 92.  Hot and humid.  Installed the watering system in the garden yesterday.  I've still got one more landscaping project to finish up.  Busy work schedule today.  Looking forward to retirement in about 3 months.  Thanks to all for the good words.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Big congrats to Harry on deciding to retire in September. You will be busier than you are now. Garden work planned and then Monday errands. 93*f predicted, time to water at the CG. It is a very dry heat, but still too warm for my liking.

Have a great day and stay healthy. Remember those less fortunate, and S.M.I.L.E., thanks to GIP.

Good morning.  It's 70 on its way to 90.  Hot and humid again.  Wide open meeting schedule today.  I went ahead and blocked off the day to actually get some work done.  My strawberries are just about done.  We processed at least a 5 gallon bucket this year.  Looks like the blackberries will start ripening in the next couple of weeks.  It might be a bumper crop.  There seems to be bunch of green ones out there now.  Finished the last of the major landscaping projects yesterday.  I've still got some slate slabs to set in the garden and some minor rock fill/concrete edging to set on the side of the garden shed.  I've got all the materials and it looks to be a couple hour job.  Be safe and be good.

Need to ship peppers and get a walk in. Wife and I stayed up late playing battleship and yahtzee, it was fun. Electrician is supposed to come today and put in a transition strip at our well for a generator. A lot of strawberries are grown in this area, thousands of acres. There's a couple weeks where there almost free at the produce stands. Have a fantastic day and good morning.

Good morning everyone. A hot 96*F predicted for today. I am very jealous of the abundance of fresh fruit you guys have available to you. Enjoy! Harry, it sounds like your garden and yard landscaping will be looking great. Share pics when you’re done.

Time for a quick breakfast, then Dr., and a few weeding projects before the heat sets in. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Back