• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning everyone. Hot and dry here, looking forward to normal temps maybe next week. Sure don’t want Harry’s weather with tornados, etc. We’re too close to the mtns, to get tornadoes, but we get the hail. Normal garden chores today. I hope there’s no damage to Harry’s place.

Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
the rioters took over one of the downtown police stations and then burned it up 

reminds me of Los Angeles back in 1992
I'm not one to suffer criminal mischief.  But in this case, I strongly agree with the message of the protesters.  This does NOT remind me of LA in 1992 - at least not from where I'm watching it.  And I AM watching it, because it's happening only a few blocks outside of my window, every single day, for a week now.
The protests got off to a bad start.  Then, sense prevailed.  The legitimate protesters started manhandling the agitators, and the trouble stopped.  But the sheer volume of police brutality videos is startling, and every person in America should heed it.  Here in Seattle, local cops do very little enforcement of anything - and yet, they are armed to the teeth.  I once saw a group of 6 officers go into a downtown drug store with guns drawn.  I thought they'd cornered El Chapo.  Turns out, it was just a drunk homeless, who was so intoxicated, he couldn't even stand.
No matter where you come from, or what your belief systems are, you cannot deny that you watched a cop kill an unarmed man in restraints, in a way that would make you take up arms, if it were one of your own.  I've been upset with the militarization of police forces that super ramped up after 9/11.  So, I'm happy to hear that the demands are that this gets scaled way the hell down.  I really don't think that every cruiser needs body armor, an assault rifle, a tactical shotgun, and whatever other military gear they might get tempted to use agains the public.  Give a boy a toy, and boy will play with his toys.
I'm writing this after watching the most shocking video of police in Niagra shoving an elderly man to the ground, and watching blood pool around his head.  Totally uncalled for.  I don't want these protests to get hijacked by people with alternative agendas.  But I agree 100% with the message.  And it won't stop until this message sinks in.

solid7 said:
I'm not one to suffer criminal mischief.  But in this case, I strongly agree with the message of the protesters.  This does NOT remind me of LA in 1992 - at least not from where I'm watching it.  And I AM watching it, because it's happening only a few blocks outside of my window, every single day, for a week now.
The protests got off to a bad start.  Then, sense prevailed.  The legitimate protesters started manhandling the agitators, and the trouble stopped.  But the sheer volume of police brutality videos is startling, and every person in America should heed it.  Here in Seattle, local cops do very little enforcement of anything - and yet, they are armed to the teeth.  I once saw a group of 6 officers go into a downtown drug store with guns drawn.  I thought they'd cornered El Chapo.  Turns out, it was just a drunk homeless, who was so intoxicated, he couldn't even stand.
No matter where you come from, or what your belief systems are, you cannot deny that you watched a cop kill an unarmed man in restraints, in a way that would make you take up arms, if it were one of your own.  I've been upset with the militarization of police forces that super ramped up after 9/11.  So, I'm happy to hear that the demands are that this gets scaled way the hell down.  I really don't think that every cruiser needs body armor, an assault rifle, a tactical shotgun, and whatever other military gear they might get tempted to use agains the public.  Give a boy a toy, and boy will play with his toys.
I'm writing this after watching the most shocking video of police in Niagra shoving an elderly man to the ground, and watching blood pool around his head.  Totally uncalled for.  I don't want these protests to get hijacked by people with alternative agendas.  But I agree 100% with the message.  And it won't stop until this message sinks in.
15914008990246010177810708397425_460100862365945.png

luvmesump3pp3rz said:

With all due respect... What people do to each other is one thing.  That's criminal.  But when police are doing it to people, that's beyond criminal. NOPE.  That you would even try to negate these kind of incidents, is as shocking as the crime, itself.  You've basically just said that it's OK, because, well, it doesn't happen that often.  I've got a math degree, so I understand numbers.  But this really isn't a suitable subject for layman's application of statistics.
You watched the exact same thing that I did.  A police officer sitting on an unarmed, restrained guy's neck.  If black people scream louder than whites do, good for them.  That just says something about us as white people.  (namely, that we'll tolerate it)  I've seen too much of this.  I can't tolerate it, any more.  It's inexcusable.  That could be my friend, my son, my whatever, next.  And if you don't speak up when it happens to a black guy you don't know, what grounds do you have to speak up when it's someone that you DO know?
I don't live in middle America anymore, and haven't for a long time.  I've been all over the place.  My eyes are WIDE OPEN.
Probably a better subject for hot button topics.  But please don't be THAT American.  Cops have no place killing people in the way that they do, ALL TOO OFTEN.

Good morning everyone. 96*F HOT degrees yesterday, no cooler temps for a few days. We’re hoping for rain, it usually goes East. Saw a map that show drought for much of the state. Times are a-changing. I have lots of weeding to do - inundated with bindweed in the flowers. I think the roots start in China. I hope you all have a great day. Stay healthy.

There is a heat alert this afternoon/early evening for his part of Kansas; high of 94F.  I’ve had a lot worse when I lived in Phoenix and also near Redding, CA - but those were a dry heat, as some say.

Busy today, now that I have the peppers and tomatoes planted, wife wants me to work on an area behind our house that is forested.   There is a clearing in one part and she wants me to create a type of secret garden back there.   So, I am off to a really nice nursery which is just across the border in MO.  Then I will stop at a Lukas Wine and Spirits Superstore to fill up on my prescriptions to fight the Covid 19 virus and whatever else might be lurking out there. Malaria? It could happen, better add tonic water and some gin to the list oh yeah and some limes to make sure we don’t get scurvy. ;)

Good morning everyone. Horrible winds and sideways rain yesterday for about an hour. Trees toppling on houses and cars, but we only saw downed branches and lots of extra debris in the yard. Clean up day, and check out the CG for damage. Some critter is there making holes, not sure if they’re burrows or not. 

I hope your day goes well. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning.  It was a hot and sticky weekend.  Fishing over the past weekend was great.  It's 77 on its way to 90.  Looks like it might cool off some later in the week.  Moderate schedule today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Today and tomorrow look like a normal June forecast instead of the 90s temps. Company is coming today, a much nicer day to visit. BBQ is planned. We still haven’t figured out the critter in the CG, though the guys have set numerous traps. The iris colors have almost faded away, time for more color in the garden. Hope you all have a great day. Stay cool and safe.

Good morning.  It's 74 on it's way to 89.  We're under a high wind advisory with the chance of strong scattered thunderstorms this afternoon.  My work schedule looks moderate today.  The wife and I are trying to finish up some landscaping.  I need to get out and pick up some more decorative rock.  Be safe and be good.     

Good morning everyone. Rain. Beautiful rain along with much cooler temps, with a low of 43*F. It looks like an indoor day with lots of cleanup after a beautiful day with the whole family and dogs. I can’t wait to see if some seeds sprouted because of all the rain. The best part was no hail. Not yet.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay active and healthy. 

Good morning.  Rain and cooler temperatures here too.  It's 60 with a forecasted high of 76.  Still in a wind advisory until noon.  Very busy meeting schedule today.  Late this afternoon I'm headed up to suburbia to pick up some decorative rock.  Seriously considering retirement .... I think I'm ready.  Be safe and be good.  

Back