• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Wow, GIP passed. Ive missed his presence here in this thread and was wondering about him,sad.

Wife and I just finished up a bike ride. Washing bikes then running a couple errands. Then to the bike shop so wifey can work on her painting. Bless up,love each other and good afternoon.

Good morning.  GIP's passing is so sad.  Such a kind and positive guy.  I was wondering about him too.  I'm still trying to replicate his Serrano powder which was soooooo good.  

Today is my Friday but I have a busy meeting schedule until mid afternoon.  It's 63 on its way to 77.  It's time to mow again too.  Yesterday, the wife made a batch of pepper jelly .... very mild batch but great flavor.  Today she's making another batch and this one will be hotter for sure.  This time she's using Orange Spice, Beth Boyds and Bonda Ma Jacques.  She also pulled some more of the tomato plants.  I saw her with a full truckload of debris and 2 buckets of assorted tomatoes.  

We'll have the grand daughter this weekend so we'll be busy.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It’s so sad to hear of GIP’s passing. He was truly a dedicated gardener and chef.

Is today Harry’s last day of meetings, etc.? Kudos to Harry’s wife for all her hard work.

More garden cleanup in today’s plans. Nice weather to work in, but still smoky. A friend wants enough green tomatoes to make 5 pies. Time to deliver them.

Enjoy your day and make someone else’s a bit brighter.

catherinew said:
Good morning. It’s so sad to hear of GIP’s passing. He was truly a dedicated gardener and chef.

Is today Harry’s last day of meetings, etc.? Kudos to Harry’s wife for all her hard work.

More garden cleanup in today’s plans. Nice weather to work in, but still smoky. A friend wants enough green tomatoes to make 5 pies. Time to deliver them.

Enjoy your day and make someone else’s a bit brighter.
It was supposed to be.  My company has convinced me to stay full time until the end of the year.  Then I will go on part time contract and see how that goes.  

Good morning.  A beautiful smokey hazy orange sunrise this morning.  It's a cool 50 this morning with a projected high of 71.  I mowed yesterday so I'll need to trim today.  I have the day off and I'm not sure what else we've got going on.  I know that we're going to pickup the grandkids later this afternoon.  Probably grill something this evening and have adult beverages.  Futbol/Football and harvesting tomorrow.  Fishing Sunday morning, then weather sealing the pergola, followed by watching the Chiefs. Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Harry, good to hear you’ll stay full time time for a few more months. You’re an integral part of that company. Just don’t let the half time become more than that. It’s difficult to leave a profession cold turkey.

Hazy, smoky clouds his morning, poor air quality. I removed the cucumber cages yesterday and found another bucketload of cukes. Had a couple of friends over and loaded them up with harvest. More today, I hope.

I hope your day goes well. S.M.I.L.E. thanks to GIP.

Good morning.  It's 50 on its way to 72.  We're still in the smoke canopy with a hazy sunrise.  Harvesting this afternoon.  Not sure what chores the wife has lined up for me this morning.  Both grand kids are here until noon.  Grilling and beverages again this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Mowed 3 trailer parks yesterday, weedeated most of the day showing out for the young bloods. Went to pressure wash the mowers at the end of the day and messed my back up. Probably laid up for a couple days,Im already so BORED. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. Hazy morning, garden chores and moving rocks. We delivered a huge box of green tomatoes to a friend who makes her special green tomato pies. She wants us to attend her outdoor church service with her tonight. Maybe - if there’s time. Daughter has water leak issues right now, so that’s where we’ll spend much of the day.

Have a great weekend and stay safe. Healing for Sic’s back.

Good morning.  It's a brisk 50 this morning headed to a high of 75.  Leaving to go fishing within the hour.  Later on I need to water seal the pergola and box pods for shipping tomorrow.  I'll probably process pods for seed while watching the Chiefs game later this afternoon.  Be safe and be good. 

Good morning. Family is coming over for a quick visit after their short vacation visiting old friends. I’m going to dig up beets and carrots at the CG to add to their grab ‘n go stash of harvested veggies. We hit a record for most 90+ degree days in a year - not a record I hope to see again. I hope your day goes well. Stay safe and drive carefully.

Good morning.  It's 58 on its way to 79.  Yesterday, fishing wasn't very good and by the time I got pods labeled and boxed, I ran out of time to process seeds.  Very busy work schedule today.  I noticed that the wife harvested a whole bucket of cubanelles yesterday.  Not sure what she's going to do with them.  Not much else going on.  Be safe and be good.  

thanks Catherine, back is still sore but getting better. Yesterday we literally Netflixed and chilled all day. It was great. i rrally need a bike ride but not today. Probably going out for lunch at a newe mexican resturant. Trying not to be bored and do a couple easy chores. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. The kids were 2 hours late yesterday because of the leaf-peepers-mountain-traffic. We got to see them about 1/2 hr. before their departure but loaded them up with a lot of harvest, thought they left most of it here. Thus I’m pickling beets and cucumbers again. Harry - do you pickle your peppers whole or remove the seeds?

Monday errands on the docket, then some sort of pickling. I hope your day goes well and that all ailments are healed. Stay safe.

Good morning.  It's 56 on its way to 77.  Catherine .... most of the time we do not remove the seeds.  Busy work schedule today.  Lots of pods are out in the garden and I am getting further behind on processing seeds.  Our freezers and our canning room are fully stocked.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.   

Good morning. Happy Fall. I’m waiting for 70*F temps to return, at least its cool at night. CG tear down again, it seems like it takes forever. Pickling something today - had to buy more vinegar, so Monday errands were extended to lots of shopping. Harry - I understand freezers full, it was a good year for only a few harvests.

I hope your day goes well. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning.  It's 62 on its way to 76.  Catherine .... we've got the 70s and have had them for quite awhile now.  The heat pump has been off for almost a month. No rain is in the forecast and everything is drying out again.  I've got a packed meeting schedule today.  Yesterday, I saw that my wife was putting up some of the patio/deck furniture and the grand kid's stock tank pool.  I was able to process 10 varieties of pods for seed last evening.  That's my goal .... 10 varieties/day.  It's been quiet with no grand kids around for the past couple of days ..... that could change at moment!  Friday, we're taking delivery of some beef and pork.  The freezers are already full.  I have marching orders to sort through the big freezers later this afternoon and to clear room for the incoming.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

Back