• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 52 on its way to 76.  There's a strong north wind on its way that's supposed to arrive mid morning and that will cool things off.  Tomorrow's high is forecasted at 63 and the low tomorrow night is forecasted to be in the high 30s.  Yikes!  Busy meeting schedule today.  My wife has got another post office run to make.  We've got our HVAC contractor coming out this morning to do the fall check on our system before we switch over to heat.  Plenty of chores on the list and there's always logs to split.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Nice to see a new face this AM. Another beautiful Autumn day ahead with time to clean up gardens and enjoy their beauty. Took daughter shopping for shoes yesterday (Christmas already) while Harry’s Chile was being made. I hadn’t been to the mall for months, so many places vacant.

It’s looking to be a nice day - no rain, no hail. All the best to those brave people fighting so many wildfires. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning.  It's 48 on it's way to 64.  Lows tonight are forecasted for the mid 30s ..... we'll see how the garden does.  There's thousands of pods still out there.  Our heat pump is tuned up and ready to go.  Today is my Friday.  Moderately busy meeting schedule today.  Going to shut it down mid afternoon.  I've got to mow sometime this weekend.  We got the grandkids this weekend too.  Probably grill something and have beverages tonight.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Happy 1st of October. We have a busy morning with collections for a food bank, a pet shelter, and layettes for babies. The last of the beets are also in the queue. I gave a family the End Of Season produce that amounted to 2 huge boxes of summer squash, 1 bucket of cucumbers, Ziplocs of carrots, and bell peppers. It’s nice to get them out of my house and garden. I’m still waiting for peppers to ripen, though it’s only a handful at a time. I have a mystery pepper - it starts out ‘pink’, is fluted, smooth, turning to a burgundy, and I think is turning red. Slow process.

I hope October fares better for everyone. Stay safe and keep the firefighter in your thoughts.

Boss checking in on us trouble makers, lol. Wife and I had hard rides today and are now chilling. She is making wings and enjoying some beverages. Hope everyones day was great. Cant keep forgetting to get on the laptop in the morning.

Good morning.  It's 36 on its way to 66.  It looks a little frosty outside.  Small chores and running errands this morning.  We heard that the mother-in-law's assisted living place is on COVID lockdown again.  That's in the county to the west of us.  My wife is having lunch with a friend and then she's going to pickup the grandkids for the weekend.  I might mow this afternoon.  I expect I'll be grilling and having a few beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. Happy Friday. It’s looking like a beautiful autumn day with smoke still in the air. I’m hoping to organize all the canned stuff and clean up the basement. It’s been neglected all summer. Harry’s chili with pork turned out wonderful though hubby added black beans and lots more chiles. Thanks for that recipe.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and stay healthy. This virus will be getting worse if we’re not vigilant.

Either of yall have any seeds? To anything. Will trade peppers or cash. Catherine almost out of your awesome garlic. Next year defientlly want to trade again. We got some local stuff to grow as yours doesnt like our climate. Bought a new 12 foot alluminum trailer yesterday, pretty cool. Bike ride with the wife this morning then relaxing this afternoon. Have a wonderful day and good morning. 

Good morning.  It's 53 on its way to 67.  Slight chance of rain.  We stayed up late with the grandkids sitting by the fire pit.  Kind of a slow start this morning.  Sic .... I've got lots of seeds what are you looking for?  I'd be happy to send a care package.  Football watching and smoking today.  Harvesting tomorrow.  Beverages tonight.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. It looks to be a cool autumn day. Sic- what kind of seeds do you want? I probably have most everything except a few Southern ones that don’t like my climate. Garlic can be finicky - softneck is best in your climate, but it’s always worth a try. I saw Sams Club here is selling garlic by the 2 lb. bag pretty inexpensive. We eat/use garlic every day, and lots during canning season. I’ll plant an extra row for next years harvest to share. It needs to be planted here this month.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy.

Thanks. Literally any vegetables, we will plant when appropriate. we are just wanting to build our gardens from all proven seed lines that were grown in a cared and loved garden. I trust both of you. Heirloom things are cool. 

Catherine we have actually gotten some soft neck to sprout. Waiting for the seeds. Fingers crossed.

Was suppose to go on a walk this morning but it looks like rain all day. Probably just chore around the farm and netflix. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. A little slow this morning .... maybe a few too many beverages last night.  It's 38 on its way to 63.  It's harvest day but 1st we're having chilaquiles.  Our grand daughter is here .... maybe I can get her to help in the garden .... LOL.  Chiefs game got cancelled.  Be safe and be good. 

Good morning. Cool and dry, with high temp predictions in the 80’s for the next week. It’s quiet at sunrise with no birds chattering to amuse the cat. Our trip to the mtns. got cancelled so we’ll just work around here when it warms up. It looks like a quiet day.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Keep those masks handy - just be safe.

Good morning.  It's 46 on its way to 75.  It's supposed to very windy.  Very busy meeting schedule today.  Chiefs game tonight.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It looks like summer temps are on the horizon for at least a week. Monday errands and then digging in a garden. We harvested a bucket of carrots yesterday, now what to make with them? Maybe carrot cake or sweet bread. They keep quite well done n the fridge but take up lots of space.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe. Congrats to Sic with his garlic sprouting. They take a long time to grow .

Back