• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 41 (5c) on its way to 60 (16c) and it's partly cloudy and dry.  Moderate work schedule today.  Took my wife to get her 1st vaccine shot yesterday.  I get my 2nd shot tomorrow.  All my buddies are out searching for morels.  Nobody's found anything yet.  It's just too chilly.  We need 2 or 3 days of 70 degree + weather and they should be out.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. 30*F temps for today, waiting for rain tonight. I talked w/a CG gardener about his travels, new projects, and how he is changing growing habits. He’s a definite salesman, likes to talk. No chores outside except watching the neighbors dogs. Sic - does your wife cook keto? (Daughter is asking)

I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy and kudos to you for getting your vaccinations. Let us know how you feel.

Good morning.  It's 41 (5c) on its way to 60 (16c).  Looks like a repeat of yesterday.  Moderate work schedule today.  I get my COVID vaccine 2nd shot later this morning.  Finished repairing the last of the raised beds last evening.  My wife has some raised bed prep to do to get them ready for plant out.  Not much else going on.  No morels yet. The asparagus is coming up.  Some of the potatoes are up.  The lettuce, onions and radishes are looking great.  I saw that the blackberries are leafing out.  It's definitely Spring.  Be safe and be good.       

Catherine she doesnt cook keto on purpose but we do eat that way 80% of the time just because thats are normal diet. But we both will eat whatever we want when we want to. She thought she was gluten sensitive for years but it seems the better shape she gets in, which she is in tremendous shape, several problems have disappeared. Squashes and beans you sent are popping by the way. 

Buddy and family arrive this afternoon for a few days, going to have a good time. Work in the garden and a couple other chores this morning. Bless up and have a great day.

Good morning. Thanks for your info on cooking, Sic. Food is food. We eat what we like, though we do know what we should avoid. Cloudy today with a dusting of snow on the roof. It looks Spring with lilacs budding and snow looming.

Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Good morning.   It's 35 (2c) on its way to 56 (13c).  Very busy work schedule today.  Got my 2nd vaccine shot yesterday.  Felt sick late yesterday and all night.  So far this morning ..... I feel ok.  Not sure what else we've got going on today.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. Glad youre vaccinated, Harry. I hope the sick feeling resides quickly. Some people say it can affect many parts of the body for a long time. Were soon off to Costco for new all weather tires, and removing the winter ones. I hope it isnt an omen - that we will be getting another snow storm soon. Sic - having a great time with your friends? Glad to hear your garden is sprouting. Thats exciting every year it happens. Just bought some Whitney Raised bed soil to mix w/Fox Farms, etc. for my pots. The price this month was $6.79/1.5 cu. ft. at Ace Hardware. The CG gardener salesman suggested it. We shall see.

Enjoy your day and respect the earth. Share your bounties.

Good morning.  It's 46 (8c) on its way to nowhere.  The cold rain probability is 100% .... total washout day.  Tomorrow's forecast is only slightly better.  Sunday's forecast looks nice so I will have to complete my outdoor chores on Sunday.  That 2nd COVID shot kicked my butt for approx 36 hours.  I feel great this morning but yesterday was a struggle.  I've been told that our son and the grandkids will be here this evening.  It's our son's birthday and my wife is fixing him a birthday dinner.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  

Good morning. 6-8” of snow blankets the area, and it’s still snowing lightly. It’s nice to see moisture. Another storm is arriving on Monday, or so they say. Sunday should be the interval between storms. The cat will be returning for a month or so this Sunday. Son calls it Summer Camp as she gets to stay outside every day and enjoy nature. Harry - I’m glad you feel better after the 2nd Covid shot - hopefully symptoms will not linger. It looks like a choc. Chip cookie day since we will be inside most of the day.

Enjoy your day and make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Good morning.  It's 42 (6c) on its to 45 (7c).  Raining again.  Watered all of the plants in the basement.  Seems like it takes forever.  My plants are ready to go out but the WX is not cooperating.  Watching futbol now.  Indoor chores after that.  The grandkids are here .... keeping us busy.  Grilling and beverages later.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Cloudy with temps in the 30-40*F range. The credit union is sponsoring a shred-a-thon today, so I have been collecting old records to add to the landfill. Hopefully we will get the boxes out of here. No cookies yesterday as daughter came for a visit. Netflix tonight.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 43 on its way to 60.  No rain.  Potted up tomatillos yesterday and did some work in the grow room.  Need to mow and trim today.  Freezing WX is on the way.  Tuesday's forecast is for wet snow.  Good grief!!! That's rare for us in April.  We're going to have to cover some stuff up!  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe, be blessed and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

I remember in Watertown NY on my 8th birthday we got in a wreck going to K Mart for Star Wars figures on my birthday, which is late April. It was snowing so hard my mom ran us in a ditch. Dont miss that, enjoy Harry. 

We are just totally chilling today. Yall be cool, enjoy and bless up. Good morning.

sicman said:
I remember in Watertown NY on my 8th birthday we got in a wreck going to K Mart for Star Wars figures on my birthday, which is late April. It was snowing so hard my mom ran us in a ditch. Dont miss that, enjoy Harry. 

We are just totally chilling today. Yall be cool, enjoy and bless up. Good morning.
I remember Watertown (cold and lots of lake effect snow) .... I used to salmon fish close to Watertown.  I grew up in Rochester, NY .... 1 mile from the lake.  I've seen snow in May.

Good morning. Sunny and warmer, which melt the snow just a bit until the next storm. Family is bringing the cat today, so they will stay for a short visit and probably lunch. Nothing else is planned except for a great day.

Enjoy your day and bring a smile to someone else.

Good morning.  It's 40 (4c) on its way to 64 (18c).  Should be a nice day.  The bottom drops out tonight (freeze) with snow tomorrow.  Mowed and trimmed yesterday.  Busy work schedule today and the work week looks slammed.  Not sure what my wife has going on.  Sometime today, we need to cover a few things in the garden to protect them from the freeze.  Be safe and be good.

Back