• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 44 (7c) on its way to 54 (12c).  Light rain in progress.  The forecast is for light rain all day.  Very busy work schedule until mid afternoon.  Didn't make it to the HD to pick up my 2' x 6' order.  The HD is at least 30 miles away.  I'll have to do it later this afternoon .... hopefully not in the rain.  Everything is bright green and growing like crazy.  Looks like a bumper crop of dandelions this year too  :banghead: . Going to start to harden off the tomatoes this weekend.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Dandelion greens are supposedly great in salads- Ill send mine to Sics wife. They taste bitter to me. I planted a few more tomato seeds yesterday with new-to-me names. Hopefully Ill have lots of plants to choose from this year. It looks like a beautiful day to do more garden chores, I need to dig up some flowers for the swap next month.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan - hows the weather in N.E. ?

Good morning.  It's 38 (3c) on its way to 70 (21c).  It's forecasted to be pleasant, sunny and much warmer than yesterday.  Very busy schedule this morning.  Working until early afternoon then mowing and trimming.  This evening, it will be grilling and beverages. 

Tomorrow looks like another washout ..... probably do indoor chores and errand running.  I'm also working on a major proposal at work and a rainy early Saturday morning might be good for that.  Sunday looks great and I've got a full schedule of outdoor activities planned. We will be rebuilding a few of the raised beds, hauling and spreading gravel, filling containers with soil and burning off the brush piles to name a few.  I did finally get up to the BBS to pickup my 2 x 6s so now I've got all of the materials to rebuild some of the raised beds.  I think there's around 20 activities in total that we need to complete this weekend. 

I'm not a big fan of dandelion greens.  I think they're bitter as well but my FIL would eat them every spring.  He loved them.

Be safe, be blessed and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. We have a few more sunny days in the queue, then back to beautiful rain for 4 days. Harry, it sounds like your dance card is quite full for a week or so. Are you just replacing or building a few more beds? Your garden area is beautiful and well planned. Lots more to do around here, like raking leaves from the flowers. My neighbor’s maple trees share their bounty with my garden for the winter.

Have a bountiful day. Stay safe and healthy.

catherinew said:
Good morning. We have a few more sunny days in the queue, then back to beautiful rain for 4 days. Harry, it sounds like your dance card is quite full for a week or so. Are you just replacing or building a few more beds? Your garden area is beautiful and well planned. Lots more to do around here, like raking leaves from the flowers. My neighbor’s maple trees share their bounty with my garden for the winter.

Have a bountiful day. Stay safe and healthy.
Catherine .... Replacing rotten and warped boards.  I may try to salvage some of the boards and make some 4' x 4' beds.  I don't know if the boss will approve of that.  My dance card is always full because of where and how I chose to live :rolleyes: .  

Good morning.  It's 48 (9c) on it's way to 57 (14c). Cold rain in progress.  Errands and inside chores today.  Hair cut this afternoon.  Grilling a tri-tip later this evening.  Not much else is going on.  Be safe and be good.  

Stayed up late last evening. Chores in the nursery and gardens today. Hows the morel hunting going Harry? I have lions mane and torks started at the moment. So far so good jars are all looking good with no containments. I have shitake spores but I need to learn more first. I can innoculate logs and it takes a year before fruit but I will learn to grow them. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Sun and wind for the day. Hubby and daughter on the roof yesterday to install the new weather station - Christmas gift. They noticed damage to the roof, so that’s another job on the list. We made banana bread with gluten free flour yesterday- not bad, but the baking time/amount of flour may have to be changed. An outside day is planned before the colder temps/rain start. I am ready for Spring.

Hi to OCDChilehead.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Wife is a gluten free master chef Jane. Rain all day today which is good. Going to just chill and lounge. So i bought water balloons for a fight with my buddies family next week. They now come with a thing hooked to all the balloons that you screw onto house. Fills 100 balloons at a time,crazy! Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 39 (4c) on it's way to 79 (26c).  It's going to be a busy day.  Lots of outdoor jobs. Burning off the brush piles, hauling and spreading gravel and repairing raised beds.  Nothing to show from morel mushroom hunting yet.  With yesterday's day rain and today's heat .... they should be out by tomorrow (hopefully).  Didn't grill the tri-tip last evening so will do it this evening.  Other than that, not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Sic-I should ask your wife which flour is best for banana bread. First time it was dry. This time the bottoms were a bit soggy, but it may also be the small oven. It still tasted great.

We’re going to meet a friend from the swap to share a month early. She doesn’t have grow lights so I’m growing her hot peppers and tomatoes for her. They live 20-30 miles north of us so we meet in the ‘middle’. The weather people moved the rain later in the week so m hoping to work outside again. It’s the 20* night temps that worry me.

I hope you have a beautiful day. Hug a tree and thank her for the shade.

Good morning.  It's 46 (8c) on its way to 58 (14c).  Dry.  Light work schedule today.  I'll be working on a proposal most of the day.  Maybe morel mushroom hunting later this afternoon.  Tired and sore from the weekend chores.  Hauled and spread gravel, burned off the brush piles and repaired about half of raised beds that need repair.  Grilled that tri-tip last night .... very good.  Not much else is happening.  My wife gets vaccine shot #1 today and I get vaccine shot #2 on Wednesday.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

*sips 4th cup of coffee*
How am I not awake yet? Hope everyone else in FL fared well with the rain yesterday. Road crews are clearing trees this morning. Seems a tornado or two went through the area. Destroyed the paddock at the race track my dad was at but thankfully everyone is ok. Sadly all the pepper plants I gave to a co-worker/friend that he spent all day building a raised bed for had a tree land right on it. Hopefully some survived but it was a big ol tree that fell. Ground got super saturated since it hasn't rained in at least 6 months and then 40-50mph winds showed up outa nowhere. 
Oh well. Off to work to glue metal together with 250A of angry electric pixies in my hand.

Good morning. Sunny and 29*F. Busy day yesterday w/errands and other stuff for a neighbor. It was nice to see the swap friend since it has been over a year since the last swap. Her daughter has grown about a foot since. I was gifted a peony, but will wait until it warms up next week to plant, plus other seedlings I put under the lights w/the peppers. Thanks for the flour suggestion, Sic. I’ll pass on her info. So far we’ve used 2 kinds of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm.

Good to see Chuck - are you growing lots of peppers this year?

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Enjoy what you have around you.

catherinew said:
Good morning. Sunny and 29*F. Busy day yesterday w/errands and other stuff for a neighbor. It was nice to see the swap friend since it has been over a year since the last swap. Her daughter has grown about a foot since. I was gifted a peony, but will wait until it warms up next week to plant, plus other seedlings I put under the lights w/the peppers. Thanks for the flour suggestion, Sic. I’ll pass on her info. So far we’ve used 2 kinds of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour. Maybe the 3rd time will be a charm.

Good to see Chuck - are you growing lots of peppers this year?

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Enjoy what you have around you.
No. Not a lot of chili plants. I have about 10lbs of various dried products. Me and my son are growing a handful or so of Pusa Sadababhar. They are good in our stir fry and sauces. We will be growing to freeze for winter use. I figured if I need some fresh superhots, I’ll buy from other growers. Season is to short here. It’s hot or miss with supers for me. The last big adventure I did, I had 200+ plants and only got Dozen chilis or so. We will be growing other veggies, herbs and spices in the hoop house.

Thanks for asking.

Chuck

Back