• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. 97*F predicted, so I’ll work in the gardens only in the AM and enjoy an inside day. There’s lots of mulch to spread and weeds to pull. The cilantro is becoming a 4 ft. tall weed, but I need seeds for next year. It will be gone soon, and then the dill will be a problem.

I hope your day goes well. Stay hydrated and healthy.

Good morning.  It's 75 (24c) on it's way to 95 (35c) with a few strong PM t-storms in the forecast.  Up at the Base, we didn't get finished yesterday.  One more trip up there today.  Hopefully we can wrap it it up by noon.  If I get home at a reasonable time (and WX permitting), I going to mow and trim later.  The grandkids are here keeping my wife busy.  Not much else happening today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning.  It's 71 on its way to 90.  Not too bad.  It stormed last evening and took some of the humidity out of the atmosphere.  The grandkids are here.  Not much going on today.  I'm headed to the futbol match this afternoon.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Yesterday was perfect for gardening, but the 90*F temps have returned for awhile. One forecaster said 100*F for a couple of days. No rain in the near future. Most of the irises have bloomed though the ones in the shade are just starting. It’s time to pull rhubarb to share - I have way too much at the CG and will definitely divide it in the spring.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning.  It's 68 on its way to 91.  Outdoor chores today.  Going to the grandaughter's piano recital this evening.  Not much else is going on.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Another week in the 90*F range, though the wildfires are still showing some smoke. We pulled about 10 lbs. of rhubarb last night, cutting and bagging for others to use. It looks like a great day to enjoy nature’s beauty.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 63 (17c) on its way to 97 (36c).  Sunny, hot and humid.  I'm taking a day off from the office work.  Got some garden and tree work to complete today.  I might mow/trim after that.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Miss that rhubarb from up state NY. Rhubarb strawberry pie, oh ya. Chores and fixing a small section of fence for the neighbor. The rain and humidity is officially here. Buddy swinging by today also to show off his new car he bought yesterday,  1970 Cougar. Its almost mint the pics look good. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. Hot and dry, but east of us got rain and hail. I was ready to pull the peppers in, but we only got clouds. The rhubarb we picked got snatched quickly so maybe we will pick another round on Saturday. Watering the CG this AM, hoping to cut more garlic scapes, plus cut down lots of beautiful Columbine flowers that get invasive.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe. Raspberry rhubarb crisp for dessert.

Good morning.  It's 67 (19c) on its way to 94 (34c).  Mostly sunny and hot.  Very busy meeting schedule today.  Back to the grind.  Catherine .... we had a nice rhubarb crop too.  I think my wife is watching our grandson.  Not sure what else is going on today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Another hot day forecasted - 100*F (37*C) for a few days. The wildfire(s) in Utah are sending their smoke/haze east and giving us a red sunrise. We had those most of last summer with our own wildfires. Harry, the rains in Spring sure helped our rhubarb crops explode, along with your other fruit. Were you able to save all of your apple trees?

I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy.

Off to a job, cant wait till its over. Kinda just took the job as a favor for neighbours aunt. Couple chores around the property this afternoon. Relaxing this evening as im already tired. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. 101*F yesterday, same for today. Going to water at the CG earlier this AM before the heat sets in. I have a meeting later this morning and then staying inside for awhile. The green grass is starting to turn brown and Spring flowers are fading. Summer weather is definitely here.

Enjoy the beauty of today. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Back