• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 54 on its way to 78. Should be a nice day. Moderate meeting schedule today. Bathroom remodel contractors should be here this morning to finish up bathroom #1 and to move to bathroom #2. Not sure what else is going today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Monday errands and more garden takedown planned. Some time this week I hope to dehydrate apples and freeze what’s left of tomatoes before they rot. It looks like a comfortable day with a long list of chores to do
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Errands and chores. Also need to do 2 small jobs and check the creek at the stables. Waiting on it to go down so I can get on the other side and clean it up. Dropping the truck off at the shop today also for some maintenance. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 52 on its way to 75. Very nice weather. Busy work schedule today. Bathroom remodels are in progress. Not much is happening in the garden. Got lots of pods to harvest. Lettuce is looking good. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. We’re replacing our metal roof, and they showed up yesterday - 4 days early. What a mess and very noisy. I’m guessing we have another 2-3 days of roofers. We have a few errands, then I plan on making apple jam.
Have a wonderful day and count your blessings.

New roofs new bathrooms, nice! Bike ride then I have no idea. Wife has a friend coming over to play in the garden, chick is crazy. My wife seems to have a knack for having crazy friends,lol. My aunt in upstate Ny passed yesterday morning, prayers for the family. She was a good woman loved by many. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 62 on its way to 74 with rain in the forecast. Moderately busy work schedule today. Yesterday was demolition day for bathroom #2. I'm glad that's done. Until it's remodel is finished, it's going to be a major inconvenience. Things should be a little quieter today. Need to make a run to the dump sometime this week. Also, its about time to start thinking about winterizing the outdoor areas .... stacking patio furniture, bringing in cushions ..... all of that stuff. I've got a huge wood pile to split and I've got 2 big brush piles to burn off. My wife is going to start tearing out tomato plants this week too. The chores are stacking up! Lots of stuff to do. Sic ... sorry to hear about your Aunt. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Prayers and blessings to your family, Sic. Losing family or close friends is not easy. The roofer have been quite evident, they’re still tearing off the roof - too many nooks to make it easy. At least the weather is nice w/no rain for a few days. The garden chores are waiting . . . I gave 3 or 4 peppers to the roofers - they could not believe how hot this small pepper was, and didn’t want any more. Wake up call. 😊
Have a wonderful day and share your blessings.

Good morning. It's 66 on it's way to 76. Foggy. Looks like we return to the 90s tomorrow and Saturday. Busy work schedule today. Yesterday, my wife got the tomato plants torn out of the garden. She's going to start on the sour gherkins today. Not sure what I've got going on this evening. It looks like the lawn is finally slowing down .... I dare say that it looks like I might not have to mow this weekend :lol:. Be safe and be good.

Headed to the stables to mow the grounds. Thats really it for me for the day. Stupid gravel bike needs attention again after only 2 rides. No brakes, probably got air in the break lines. Ill bleed them hopefully Saturday. Yall be good and have a great day, good morning.

Good morning. Another day with the roofers, probably tomorrow also. We’re putting baby layettes together this AM, and then time at the CG. Garlic will be planted in a couple of weeks so the garden needs to be ready.
Have a wonderful day and remember those less fortunate.

Good morning. It's 61 on its way to 87. Summer is back. I've got a moderately busy work schedule this morning then I'm taking the afternoon off. Taking some stuff to the dump that's been accumulating behind the barn and then I'm trimming/mowing. My wife tells me she's going to work on garden tear out and hot tub maintenance. Tomorrow, I've got some weather sealing to do in the morning and then I'm thinking I'll harvest peppers. We've also got property winterizing to do for the next few weeks and I've got a couple brush piles to burn off. Bathroom remodel #2 is in progress. It looks like the tear out is complete. Not much else is going on. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe, be good and be blessed.

Good morning. It’s a nice, cool day for the roofers, but doubt they will finish today. The weather gal said we were in for a freeze on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I’d better get peppers harvested, plus more take down.
Have a wonderful day and take time for yourself.

I feel ya Catherine we are having a terrible cold snap also. Two days ago it was the first time it was under 80 in months,lol. Lots of rain yesterday afternoon had us lounging on the couch watching Squid Games. Bike ride with the wife and a buddy then Im taking my gravel bike to the shop and going to bleed brakes and check cables. Deep chilling on the menu this evening. Yall be good and amazing. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 67 on its way to 90. I think this will be the last day of summer temperatures. Yesterday, I got the lawn mowed and trimmed and made a trip to the dump. My wife tore out the cucamelons and watched our grandson. No remodelers will be here today. I've got to weather seal the pergola today and then I've got a list of smaller chores. Might try to watch some college football later on. My wife told me that I'm grilling burgers this evening ..... no doubt that will be accompanied by some beverages. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Roofers here for 2 more days, installing with less removal and noise. More takedown at the CG planned, with a friend coming to take the rest of the beets. Sic-I’m glad you liked the pickling cukes, I’m trying to save some hybrid ones that really got out of hand w/production. I’ll send you some when they’re ready. These have fewer seeds and are sweeter. I pulled and picked the less hot peppers for cowboy candy maybe tomorrow. The superhots are doing well, finally starting to ripen. I just need more time to finish everything.
Have a great day and stay healthy.

Good morning. Just got back from fishing. It's nice out now but the forecast is calling for severe weather later today. Catherinew .... I sure hope the COVID stays away. Making a big pot chili this afternoon and roasting Tekne Dolmasi peppers for freezing. The house smells marvelous. Picked all of the jalapeno pods (12 gallons worth) and tore out all of the plants .... also pulled all of the bell peppers and tore those plants out. All that's left are superhots, some lettuce, a few late potatoes, one tomato plant and a few carrots. We'll plant GIP's garlic in few weeks. Moved the last of my fishing gear from the barn and back into the house for the winter. Football game this evening. Be safe and be good.

Back