• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 52 (11c) right now. It should get up to 67 (19c) but then by this evening, it should be 25 (-4c). The snow forecast is for 8" starting tonight through Friday morning. Stressful meeting schedule today. Today is my Friday. I need to take tomorrow and Friday off to use up Paid Time Off. I've reached the cap and if I don't use it, I won't accrue any more. Not much else is going on. We'll have the grandkids this weekend ... WX permitting. Hopefully, I can get out and buy a fishing boat on Friday. Be safe and be good.

Things are crazy dragonsfire, stay safe. picked up a guitar for the first time in years last evening, we will see how long this lasts. Ive played on and off over 35 years. Going to try and play every day for a hour or so, just something "new" to throw in the life for the moment. was supposed to ride today but Ive not been able to get in touch with my buddy. I may end up just going for a walk and calling my mother? we will see? Not much else going on. Will do some reading also this afternoon. Stay safe stay humble stay cool. Good morning.

Edit: Going on a bike ride.

Last edited:
Good morning. Sunny and 24F, on its way to 53F. Finalizing the Chinense list today, then start pulling seeds in preparation for planting in the next few days. The cheeseburger was good! Have a wonderful day and be safe out there.

Good morning. We’re waiting for the storm to arrive some time this afternoon, leaving for Harry on Friday. Sounds like another storm’s coming next week. Coffee club this AM, then maybe making some kind of jam from last summer’s picking, maybe adding a hot pepper or two. Or maybe cookies. Good choice on a fishing boat, Harry. Take the grandkids for a fun day.
Have a wonderful day. Stay warm and healthy.

Good Morning!
-5c cloudy and Canada now under Martial Law, the insanity continues.
Working with some seeds today, a bit of planting, and watching youyube as things crumble.
Stay safe and stock up :)
DF ..... How's life under Martial Law? They're lifting mandates in the US so fast it'll make your head spin!

So far fine, I think Alberta is the safest, more opposition here, just prices skyrocketing. Glued to Rebel News and other independent real news people. Mainstream lieing through their teeth.
RCMP have tried to provoke the public so they can use force by going onto private land and sabotaging heavy equipment, they fabricated some terrorist group with 1/2 mil $ of guns amo bulletproof vests brought to the protest so they can disband Coutts protest.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 18 (-8c) on its way to nowhere. Heavy snow in progress. Bought the new fishing boat yesterday. Bought the one right off the showroom floor. Pick it up next week. I have the next 5 days off from work but I will attend a few meetings today. Yesterday, I realized that I had forgotten about a couple of still open seed orders. Made some inquiries and one of them was delivered yesterday and the other one shipped yesterday. Looks like it will arrive just in time. Going to work on seeds, snow shoveling and work in the fishing room between meetings today. Salmon patties and fried potatoes for dinner. Heard rumblings of US Trucking protests in support of our Canadian neighbors starting on 1 March. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Overcast but warmer, but only briefly. Back into the deep freeze over the weekend. Currently 56F on its way to 64. Congrats on the boat Harry. They can be a lot of enjoyment. Need to cleanup seed germination area in prep of seed starting. Nothing else on the schedule. Have a great day and be safe out there.

need to go to trailer park and make sure everything looks good. Also doing the spanish moss removal at dudes house. Didnt make much sense to go out yesterday to just do that job. today still shouldnt be that long. Need to do some reading for our DnD game tomorrow. Just chilling this evening. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 3 (-16c) on its way 32 (0c). We ended up with 7-8" of snow. Some huge drifts caused by the blizzard wind. Later in the morning, I'll go out and start on the snow removal. The grandkids cancelled coming down for the weekend because of the WX. I'm back to working on seeds this morning. Not planning on going anywhere today. Who knows? My wife asked me if I'd watch some movies with her today. I don't watch movies except on airplanes. Such a dilemma! If it's not the local WX forecast, cooking, nature shows or sports .... I don't typically watch it. Taco soup and beverages this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Well, its cloudy and 42F on its way to nowhere. Got a drippy kitchen faucet. Might try giving that a fix. TV and tacos makes me think of Patti Jinich on PBS. She's on today - yay lol. Have a great day and be safe out there.

Edit: Today's only Friday - she's not on until tomorrow lol.

Last edited:
Good morning. The 8” of snow melted off most of the streets, but looks nice still on the garden. Another storm is supposedly coming on Monday night with below zero temps. Hope to make jam today but I need a lemon for zest to give the jam a little bite. Coffee club this AM, need to pick up a friend on the way.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy and warm.

Good morning. It's 17 on its way to 33. Got us dug out yesterday ..... at the least all of the walkways and the driveway pad. Not much going on today. I'll watch a few futbol matches this morning. Might see if I can make a run to town for a few errands. Still haven't taken the boss out for her Valentines Day meal either. We'll see how it goes. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. A few meetings this AM and then kitchen work. Daughter and a friend helped deliver a new table and chairs for the nook, then dinner, games, and a discussion about a trip to Australia. We’re thinking about it, but nothing is for sure. Time to start saving for a trip somewhere.
Have a great day. Stay safe and warm.

Good morning. It's sunny and 30F on its way to 40F. Wind warning this afternoon - 50-60 mph winds. Need to run to Lowes and buy a new kitchen faucet. The old one couldn't be fixed. That's how I'll spend the afternoon. Have you looked under your kitchen sink lately? Can't wait to see what I find lol. Have a great day and be safe out there.

rode my bike to the Dnd game yesterday, its only 27 miles. Ill be doing that every saturday as long as the weather is decent. probably going to go for a walk after breakfast. Will get truck ready for tomorrow. Need to check one of our yards and got to pressure wash a buddys pool cage. I hate pressure washing. Not much else really going on. Couple chores and a movie later. Have some reading to do also. Have a great day and good morning.

Back