• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 79 (26c) on its way to 89 (32c). Yes, 89. Really looking forward to it! The power went off at 0200 so I went outside and slept on the screened in porch ..... thought it would be cooler ..... as it turned out not so much but I got a couple hours of sleep. Woke up at 0500 and the power was back on. Absolutely nothing on the agenda for today and I hope it stays that way. Be safe and be good.

Morning - today is the big one, 40C with minimal breeze - I've had enough of hot now, please rain for a couple of days or just 1 day will do.
Awake early because of the heat, afternoon nap later.
Work this a.m. depending on temperature then that's it, I shall be lying on the kitchen floor or in front of the fan for the rest of the day.
Veggies and chillies got a soaking from the hose last night so they should be OK in the heat.
Have a good Monday and stay cool.

Good morning. Another beautiful day in the Grasshopper State. It's 70 (21c) on its way to 92 (33c). Another cool day ..... back into the furnace tomorrow with a forecast of 104 (40c). My lawn is crunchy ..... doesn't need mowing. Catherinew .... 102 is too hot. We need some rain here. Not sure what I've got going on today but I'm sure I'll figure out something. Be safe and be good.

Good morning folks! It's overcast and 73, on its way to 82 (rf 89). Calling for drenching thunderstorms this afternoon. Have returned from the BBQ event. Great weather, excellent food, awesome hillbilly water, fun had by all. Parts came in for mower deck. Weather might get in the way to do the repair work. We'll see. Need to go down to the garden and do a check-up. Nothing else really planned. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday! Be safe out there.

Morning chickens - temps down to a balmy 29C for today and thunderstorms forecast for later - just give me some rain dammit!
Everything in the garden was drooping yesterday in the heat and I was worried about blossom drop on the chillies, managed to get round and water everything including me - that well water is chuffing cold :lol:
Working for most of the day and that's it, nothing else planned except I am NOT eating salad today.

Didnt get everything done yesterday, 5 stops today. Have a few chores this afternoon. Really need to peel the tires of rims of my gravel bike and re seal. Not sure if that will happen. Yesterday started with truck needing a new battery, $185.00:eek: kitten is doing good, we think its a boy? Have a great day and good morning.
IMG_20220718_154950.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from the Wheat State. It's 70 (21c) on its way to 100 (38c) ..... rf 107. This is the start of another long streak of excessive heat and humidity. The 10 day forecast is really ugly. I need to water the garden today ..... it will be too hot to do much else. My wife says we need to go vote early because I'll be in Canada on voting day. We might head to town and do that today. The rest of the day, I'm sitting in the redneck swimming pool. Harvesting a bucket of large tomatoes daily now. Harvested jalapenos and poblanos yesterday. Looks like the first of my superhots are just starting to color up. Not much else is going on. Be safe, be good and stay cool.

Last edited:
Well, it's sunny and 69, on its way to 85 (rf 95). Hot and humid is the forecast for the next several days here as well. Actually got rained out yesterday. Looks like .4". I'll take it. So, today's plans are yesterday's plans - check out the garden, then work on the mower deck, unless the heat runs me back into the AC. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Good Morning!

Good morning. Harry, it sounds like your WX is getting worse for the heat. Not the best of summers. At least you’re harvesting great produce. Sic, I love your kitten. Your wife did a great job nursing it to health.
Hot again, like a broken record, still waiting for rain. Flowers are doing OK, tomatoes and peppers still waiting for flowers. This is one year to put in history of my least favorite.
Anyway, have a great day and keep the chickens happy.

Morning all - cute kitten Sic!
Well yesterday turned into a heavy, humid day and ended with thunderstorms and rain, yes RAIN! Started with a dribble and ended with a deluge overnight - huzzah! Let's hope it was enough to fill the empty water butts.
Light rain forecast for this morning and a high of 25C for this afternoon, oh bliss.
Wednesday is my catch-up day, so I'll be catching up :lol:
Have a good hump day chilli people

Good morning. It's sunny, humid and 71, heading for 89 (rf 97). Made it down to the garden yesterday. It's amazing how much things grow in just 3 or 4 days. Spent quite a while tucking plants back inside cages. Some tomatoes were 18" outside the cage - nutz. As suspected, the heat and humidity ran me back inside to the AC. It felt so thick you could cut it with a knife, as the saying goes. Today is supposed to be worse. I need to fix the mower, the grass is DEEP. Not sure when though. I might have to do it in stages lol. Hope everybody has a wicked-good Wednesday. Be safe out there!

Good morning from the Central State! It's 77 (25c) on its way to 98 (37c). Watered the garden yesterday .... that was an all day chore. BLTs last evening ..... yum! We badly need some rain here. I'm actually going to have to mow. My weeds and broad leaf grasses are still growing and the lawn is looking shaggy. But first we're going to vote. After that, I'm going to pick tomatoes, mow, trim and then sit in the pool. Also, I'll probably select some tomatoes for seed saving. My wife mentioned that the "tomato table" is full and that she's going to start processing today. Grilling burgers this evening. Be safe, be good and stay cool.

Whoops missed the morning - out gardening and hoeing while it was cool, then got engrossed with neighbours.
Cooler today hence the gardening, although it's starting to warm up, high of 28C after the high temps we've been having is quite balmy.
Not much planned for today except catching up.
Have a good one y'all and stay cool.

Good morning. Rain yesterday afternoon and everything looks green for a change. The weeds pull out so easily. Todays another dry scorcher. Today I’ll deliver irises to a fellow gardener, then deliver baby layettes where they’ll be given out to new mothers. In the garden there’s cucumbers to tuck into their fence and lots of bindweed to pull. Maybe if it cools down soon the tomatoes will keep their blossoms and I’ll have fruit in September.
Have a wonderful day. Stay cool.

Good morning from the Garden of the West. It's 68 (20c) on its way to 103 (39c). Another warm and humid day. Yesterday, I gave a bucket of tomatoes to my sister in a trade for some cucumbers. Mowed yesterday. I might trim today. @catherinew - The only things green here are in the garden. My lawn looks like a beach from a distance ..... tan and brown. Crunchy if you walk on it. There is a couple of green patches where the septic laterals are and a couple of patches near the garden that get a little watering run-off. Not much else is going on. Probably sit in the redneck pool for awhile this afternoon. The countdown to my annual Canadian fishing trip has started. Looking forward to it. Be safe and be good.

Back