• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 68 (20c) on it's way to 91 (33c) .... Still nice and cool. Sure could use some rain. Tink .... When I get hot I lay on the tile floor too! I've got a couple of raised beds to fill with nursery mix this AM. I've also got pea gravel for one of the flower beds up by the road. That should keep me busy for a couple of hours. My wife is going to process tomatoes. Not much else going on. I'll watch the football match tonight. Still on the search for good local farm pork chops. Be safe and be good.

Well, the weather guessers got it right yesterday. Nasty line of thunderstorms moved through, dumping 1.1" of rain in two hours. Currently it's cloudy and 73 on its way to 86 (rf 93). I did pull weeds yesterday, but didn't move mulch. Maybe next week now. Today we'll be prepping for our long weekend at the BBQ comp. Haven't done one of those in a while. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Good Morning!

Good morning. Watered very early at the CG, and can now enjoy shade at home until coffee club. We picked most of the currants yesterday, time for jam making soon, maybe tomorrow. Early. I pulled a couple hundred larkspur that are beautiful and a weed right now. Another hundred to go, before they set too many seeds.
Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and safe.

Morning all - Bastille Day today, so food and alcohol will be partaken - it's the law :lol:
Featuring a balmy high of 36C feeling like 40C - enough already with the heat.
Drenched the veggie garden and peppers last night so don't have to worry about them while I'm out partying today.
Have a good one and stay cool.
Edited: Ye gods it's only 10 a.m. and I'm cooking already :hot:

Last edited:
Well I bought the bike. Headed to Croom today to get her maiden voyage. Will stop by the bike shop on my way home to deal with any concerns that there may be. Chores this afternoon. Have a wonderful day and good morning.
IMG_20220713_185757.jpg

Good morning. It's 70 (21c) on its way to 98 (37c). Another beautiful day in the middle. We need some rain. It's pretty much a desert here. My lawn is crispy crunchy. I'm going to have to water the garden again today or tomorrow. I'm leaving to trap fishing bait within the next hour. Not sure what else we've got going on today. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and a refreshing 63 right now. Windows are open, at least for a bit. Heading to a muggy 83 (rf 92). Off to the BBQ event. Looks like a great bike Sic. Sorry somebody stole the fenders. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday! Be safe out there.

Morning all, it's Friday at long last, been a long long week.
Awake at 5 a.m. too hot to sleep, it's lovely and cool outside.
Another hot one predicted for today, 32C, cooler than yesterday thank goodness.
Work this morning and a nap this afternoon for me.
Have a good Friday, stay cool

rained a lot last night hopefully my stops are not flooded. Had a blast yesterday, any handling skills I had 4 years ago Ive lost. Excited about building them up again. Off to trailer park and uncle bens, couple chores first thing this morning first. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 79 (26c) on its way to 101 (38c). Another beautiful day in the Sunflower State. I'll be leaving to trap more bait in an hour. Watering the garden after that. Yesterday, I harvested our first large beefsteak tomatoes. Our grandson is here now and our grand daughter will be here this afternoon. Not sure what else is on the agenda for today. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

whooopeeeee weekend :dance: This week has been so full-on, I'm going to chill this weekend, once I've caught up with all the chores :lol:
Up at the crack of wotsit to bake cakes for the charity shop, really I could've just laid them outside to cook 😉
Balmy 32C for today but oh the wind cools everything down. Still on for a hot weekend but feel that breeze!
Cakes baked, washing on, cats sorted, garden watered - hoping for a sneaky siesta this afternoon.
Have a good one and keep cool

Good morning. Another hot weekend ahead with only garden and relaxing plans. Made a very tart jam yesterday with Montmorency cherries, red currants, and lemon zest. It really has the pucker. I had to buy new lids for the canning jars - whew. But at least they have them on the shelf.
Have a great July weekend. Stay cool and hydrated.

Good morning. Another beautiful day in Midway USA. It's 75 (24c) on its way to 96 (36c) .... a bit of a cool down but extremely muggy. I took a look at the 10 day WX forecast and didn't like what I saw. Most day time temperatures at 100+ (38c+). Started watering first thing this AM. My wife and grand daughter are out picking blackberries right now. It's been a great year for the berries. Not so good for everything else. I need to harvest shishitos this AM. I'm not sure what else we've got going on. It looks like the damn Japanese beetles are finally done doing their damage. Good riddance. That jam sounds good catherinew. It looks like all of the canning supplies are fully back in stock around here .... inflated prices just like everything else. My quest for great local pork chops has ended for now. I found a great local source. The chops look great ..... I hope they taste great. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Last edited:
rode out in the Green Swamp this morning. Have a couple chores I need to tend then pretty much chilling. Absolutely loving the new bike. probably stay on this for a few weeks. Its nice to change things up and mountain biking really helps your handling skills and that translates more than you think on your road bike. Our tomatoes did very well this year along with the eggplant. Cantaloupe is doing good and we had some really nice pineapples this year. Okra and zucchini did great as well. Garden a is pretty much done until cooler temps and garden b is mainly herbs and goes year round. we are starting a grain garden also. spot is mostly cleared, kinda, should be cool? Hopefully it does well. I didnt do a thing with peppers this year. Any plants are volunteer or four years old. All I did was cut them back and havent touched them since, besides to harvest fruit. Going to fertilizer and take care of them this fall though. Going to be starting a proper apiary and fencing a new pasture also. Will be a busy rest of the year but thats cool. Have a great weekend and be nice.

Happy Sunday - day of eat, sleep and slumping :D
Another balmy 34C forecast for today, luckily that breeze is still hanging around.
Quick check of the garden and chilli plants - it's like surveying the troops, I poke around, check out the buds, flowers and peppers make sure they're getting on with it, then to the garden and pick a few more cucumbers and courgettes.
Have a good Sunday everyone and keep cool :D

Good morning. WX gal says triple digits today. Can’t wait for the heat to end. I finally planted the garlic area with leftover seeds. Maybe the bugs will munch somewhere else. The broccoli looks like Swiss cheese, no heads forming yet. Bravo to Sic’s wife for rescuing a kitten.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hydrated in this summer heat.

Back