• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Light rain again, no complaints. Met w/a friend yesterday to trade irises. Now to find room to plant them. CG this AM to weed and probably guide the pole beans back on the fence. I made cookies for hubby in honor of the rain. Nice time to be inside.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy earth’s beauty.

Good morning. It's raining here too. It's fantastic! It's 66 (19c) on its way to 82 (28c). We haven't seen WX like this in months. Very beneficial. I'm hoping it closes some of the 1.5" cracks we've got in the ground. I think our grandson goes back to his momma this morning. I'm going to start packing for the Canada fishing trip and will cross check the food list. 5 days and counting until departure. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Well, it's sunny and 80, on its way to 85 (rf 94). Super muggy and calling for severe thunderstorms today. We'll see. Chose not to fix mower yesterday. Heat was brutal. Maybe today lol. Grass continues to get taller. If I don't fix the mower, might need to bale hay soon. Need to check in on the garden as well. Hope everyone has a magnificent Monday. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 65 (18c) on its way to 89 (32c). It's raining again. Yippee! Sic ..... not good if you can't find mower parts. Have to take Moe Moe kitty to the vet to get his eye removed in a few minutes. He's our big happy boy .... I hope everything goes OK. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning folks. It's overcast and 72, on its way to nowhere (rf 80). Nice cool-down, but still very humid. The Guessers are predicting 99% chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Again, we'll see. Still no progress on Kabota. All this forecasted rain keeps getting in the way. Nothing really planned for today. Of course, that can change at any moment lol. Sic - have you checked at Messicks? Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - hump day! A cool 26C forecast for today and I'm hoping to get out there and hoe a bit - yes River, I'm getting the hoe out :lol:
Haircut this morning, I'm starting to look like a shaggy sheep.
Not much else planned for today.
Have a good one and keep cool
Oh jesus! Just found a jar of chilli pickle I'd forgotten about from about 5-6 (possibly more) years ago, course I had to taste didnt I? Flipping heck nearly took my head off - yummy!

Last edited:
i found the muffler, Julie promises me that the one I ordered will fit and it was just a glitch on website that it doesnt fit. We shall see? yesterday turned into 70 miles which is a long time on a mountain bike mostly in the swamp, Im soar. Off to the stables in a bit and some chores this afternoon. have a great day, good morning.

Good morning. Precious rain last night so I have a reprieve from today’s watering at the CG. Not much planned except garden chores if it isn’t too wet. Sic- 70 miles is a long way to ride, I bet you’re really sore. How are the bees? I saw another TV show about a guy in Texas who rescues hives from old barns, etc. Fascinating.
Enjoy this beautiful day. Stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 70 (21c) on its way to 88 (31c). The big male cat got his right eye removed yesterday. He's not too happy about wearing a cone on his head. My wife is babysitting him. We got at least 4 hours of rain early this AM. I haven't checked the rain guage yet but it should be substantial. It's drizzly right now. I'm not sure what's on today's agenda. I'm taking my wife's buggy to Canada so I might detail it today. I've got way too many giant heirloom tomatoes, jalapenos and poblanos all ripening at the same time. I'm behind plan on processing. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 72, on its way to 84 (rf 93). Calling for showers and a thunderstorm again. Saw none of it yesterday. Several errands to run today, then maybe down to the garden. I haven't been down in several days, so it should be interesting. Hope everybody has a great day. Be safe out there.

Morning chilli heads - lovely and cool out there at the moment, temps rising to a balmy 28C this afty. No rain on the horizon.
Everything got a soaking last night from the well.
Not much planned for today, got paperwork to sort out and an assessment to write and that's me done.
Have a good Thursday and keep cool.

Bees are doing good Catherine. I added a honey super the other day to one of the hives. i also am going to be moving the hives this fall as I dont like where they are at the moment. Im not really focusing on honey, I plan on splitting colonies and selling nucs next year. We shall see though, things change with me a lot. finally getting some relief from the heat as its only going to be 95 with a 105 feels today,lol. Taking the road bike out this morning then washing it. Headed to shop later to do some stuff with it. Stayed out late last night getting lots of chores done so I could do my thing today with no stresses. Glad your cat is ok Harry. Yall behave yourselves and good morning.

Good morning. It's 73 (23c) on its way to 84 (29c). There's a big storm complex to the northwest of us that should start rolling through within the hour. Today I am going through all of my lists to make sure I've got everything ready to go to Canada and will finish packing. The yard needs mowing but with the rain coming in ..... that will be tomorrow's priority. Inundated by tomatoes. Be safe and be good.

Back