• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Like everyone else, trying to hide from the heat. It's currently partly cloudy and 80, on its way to 89 (rf 93). At least there's a chance of a thunderstorm each afternoon through the weekend. It was too hot to mess with the mower deck yesterday, but I did go look at it. I had noticed a "popping" noise when making a turn and sure enough, the tie rods are shot. Ordered those yesterday. At this rate, we'll be able to bale the grass when we're finally able to cut it lol. Not much else going on today. Had a Dr.'s appointment but they canceled. The nurse has covid 😳. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Stay cool out there. Good Morning!

Morning all - thunderstorms and rain forecast for today - yippppeeeeeeee - please rain, please rain
Hopefully it won't impact too much on work this a.m.
And another good thing about today, it's FRIDAYYYYYYYYY
Have a good one and keep cool

Good morning from the Heartland. It's 78 (26c) on its way to 100 (38c). Another hot one in store for us today. Have to take the male cat to the vet this AM. Our grandson is here. Watering the garden after the vet visit and later on, I'm sitting in the "pool". Be safe and be good.

Good morning. So sad that your kitten has passed on. Very sad. Another hot day ahead, with normal temps coming next week, I hope. CG watering, coffee group, home weeding. It’s a broken record lately. My cat caught 2 snakes - I guess they were presents as she just brought them to us, so we could release them. She is definitely a hunter.
Have a wonderful day in this heat. Stay cool and hydrated.

Very sad news indeed Sic. Really sorry for your loss.

Today is sunny, humid and currently 76, on its way to 91 (rf 97). Heading to the garden shortly to water. Parts for Kubota front-end are scheduled for delivery today. If they get here early enough, I might start those repairs. Cold beverages and grilling chicken this evening. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Morning all - it rained and stormed yesterday and there were plenty of hailstones , knocked all the flowers off my runner beans, luckily the peppers were unscathed.
Air fresh and clean this a.m. temps climbing later but not unbearable.
Not much planned so I'll see where the day takes me - out for a bike ride later.
Have a good weekend fellow pepperheads and keep cool

Good morning. WX gal promises rain for someone along the mountain corridor, probably not us. Nothing is planned out of the usual, maybe grilling tonight. Smashburger has burgers for $5.15 for 2 days, so we’ll check that out for lunch. Plan to pit the stray cherries and freeze them for later.
Enjoy the weekend. Stay cool and safe.

Good morning. It's sunny, muggy and 67, on its way to 93 (rf 101). No relief forecast until rain on Tuesday. Watered garden yesterday. Plants look good, but fruit set is struggling in this heat. Parts came in late yesterday for the Kabota. Getting ready to head out and start working on it this morning before the heat cranks up. Postponed grilling last night until tonight. Hope everybody has a super Saturday! Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 80 (27c) on its way to 102 (39c) .... rf110+. Another scorcher. Well, Moe Moe kitty is going in for surgery on Tuesday to remove his right eye. He's already blind in it but its become ulcerated and the vet says it's time to take it out. Our grandson is here because his mamma has Covid. Not sure if the little guy has Covid too or will spread it. I'm keeping my distance just in case. I don't want to jeopardize my Canada fishing trip. I need to finish watering the garden this morning. Going to the match tonight. Be safe, be good and stay cool.

Good morning. The monsoon must have begun with last night’s rain. Finally. It’s the 2nd time we’ve had rain this summer, and I hope it stays for a week. Not much planned for today, just enjoy not having to water at the CG today. I need to check the cucumbers as they’re beginning to explode.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy nature’s beauty.

Good morning. It's 84 (29c) on it way to 97 (36c). Significant cool down for today. Yesterday it got to 103 (39c) here. It's ridiculous. I went to the match last night and it was sweltering. 6 days and counting for the Canada fishing trip. Not much on the schedule for today. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Our grandson is still here. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Another hot one. Currently sunny and 76, on its way to 93 (rf 100). A a small thunderstorm blew through yesterday evening - dropped about .35" of rain. I'll take it. Rebuilt front end on Kabota yesterday. It had its challenges, but everything seems to work ok. Next up, the blade spindle bearings. Maybe today, maybe not lol. Hope everybody has a super Sunday! Be safe out there.

Back