• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Dry and in the 90s. What we wouldn’t give for some of that rain. We picked crabapples yesterday, glad that’s done, but the guy’s tree is super laden with fruit. We may have to pick more for him. Not much else planned for today though I’ll have to hand water lots of flower pots.
Have a great day, and don’t overdo.

Good morning. It's sunny and 72, on its way to 84 (rf 89). Not as hot, with a couple heavy thunderstorms this afternoon. Vet appointment for our cat Buddy (aka 23+) today. I fear that number will be going up today, lol. He's a pretty big boy. With rain this afternoon, I'll probably process some fermenting tomato seeds. Hope everybody has a great day. Be safe out there.

Did not get much sleep. Have to mow the yard and order new bearings for that front wheel. Need to look at a huge wooden planter we are rehabing for a customer. See what its going to take. Thats about it, that will take most of the day. Do have a couple errands to run. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 65, on its way to 81 (rf 85). Should be a beautiful day. Recieved about .80" of rain yesterday. Garden's happy. Well, Buddy is 1 oz short of the 25# club. Something for him to shoot for I guess. He's in great shape, other than weight. Need to think about cutting some grass and spend some time in the garden. Hope everybody has a great day. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 64 on its way to 88. Another repeat day. Catherine .... that sounds like a lot of crabapples. Last week we had hundreds of apples on our apple tree .... this week zero. The damn deer got every one of them. There's not a single apple on the tree or on the ground. It's time to ask my neighbor to "thin out the herd". Working in the office this morning. Not sure what I'm doing this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - a bit of rain which cooled everything down, humidity and storms forecast for this afternoon.
All of our apples disappeared as well Harry, I suspect it was birds for us - there goes the apple crumble and pies :(
Lots of chasing around today and after being wide awake at 5 a.m. possibly a nap later.
Have a good Thursday and keep cool

Good morning folks. Another beautiful morning with more showers this afternoon. Need to weed eat, sharpen and change blades on mowers this morning. Replaced both front wheel and tires on one of the mowers yesterday. It was easier and not much more than just replacing bearings, needed new tires anyways. have a great day.

Good morning. It's 64 on its way to 90. Working in the office this morning. Lots of stuff to do outside after that. Started tearing out a few tomato plants. Got pecan and walnut tree branches that I need to prune too. Smoking serranos for powder sometime this afternoon. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Another warm(er) day near 90F or more. So sorry about your apple trees and the deer decimating the crop. They can be very destructive. The neighbor would like us to pick and process his crabapple tree fruit, but I’m about ready to quit that endeavor. We will see.
A few errands this morning and more weeding and deadheading.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning everyone!

Glad to see you all are still kickin.

Jason,
I’m sure your staying busy this year. The maintenance tells me so. Its the cost of doing business. How’s the garden this year? I’ll try and find time and get caught up with you and others posts.

Jane,
I wouldn’t pick the crabapples either. Most people don’t like the fruit for consumption and don’t like the mess either. Someone approached me to do the same. I politely said I don’t have the time for it. I didn’t lie. I always have things to do. That’s just not one of them. Lol! Hope the community gardening was a success this year. Make anything good with the best peaches in the world this year?

Take care everyone. Just barely hit the deadline between morning and afternoon. Lol!

Best regards

Chuck

Whats up Chuck, hope all is well. Busy as I want to be for sure.

Been up for a while already. Went to Zephyrhills to the 24 hour walmart to take care of some things instead of just waiting on the sun to rise. Well they open at 6 these days,lol. Oh well. Busy day, trailer park and Uncle Ben. More rain this afternoon. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 66 on its way to 85. Chuck ..... What? No fishing? Me neither. My boat is in the shop ..... got a trailer recall notice. Hope to get it back next week. Got a bit of office work to do today then I'm taking the wife's buggy to the shop for maintenance. Going to mow later this afternoon. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Nice to have Chuck back with us. Our heat and dryness hasn’t been the best for our gardens, but we trudge along. Chuck, with our yummy peaches, I’ve made crisp, cobbler, and lots of different peach jams. I have an older friend whose husband grew up on crabapple jam, so she’s gotten most of the crabapples I’ve processed. I’m running out of quart jars!
Have a wonderful Friday. Stay healthy and safe.

Back