• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's foggy and 59, on its way to 80 (rf 85). Supposed to become sunny and beautiful today with low humidity. Looking forward to it. The old grey truck failed inspection. Said the tires are old (as in 2005) and dry-rotted, and the exhaust manifold bolt is broken off and needs to be replaced. They would be happy to fix-er-up for $2,600 - $900 for tires and $1,700 to replace the manifold bolts. I said thanks, I'll pick it up in a few minutes. Geez. I know they got bills to pay, but they can't expect ME to pay them all lol. So, we're down to one vehicle for now. Don't know what's planned for today, but I'll be outside doing something. Might pick peppers - not sure yet. Hope everybody has a fun Friday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 65 on its way to 88. Another clone day but I hear that's going to change tomorrow. Fishing was blah but it was very hot and not much of a breeze. Between the two of us we caught 6 smallmouth bass, 4 walleyes, 8 crappie, 2 giant blue catfish (one would push 25 lbs.), 6 white bass and a couple of drum. It was great to catchup with my old buddy. Condolescences to Chuck. I've got to check on some office work this morning. Not sure what else I'm going to do for the rest of the day. I've got tomatoes and peppers to pick. The grandkids will be here later this afternoon. Not sure what my wife has on the menu for today. She hasn't asked me to get anything out to grill. Be safe, be good and be blessed.

It's partly sunny and 54, on its way to 74 (rf 75). Calling for mostly cloudy and a few scattered showers today. Not perfect, but at least it's not a scorcher. Worked on cleaning out a raised bed up by the house yesterday. Didn't use it this Spring, but think I might throw some lettuce in before it turns too cold. Need to finish up the one bed, then start on the other one. Still thinking about picking peppers lol. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Good Morning!

Good morning. Cold and drizzly. Temps range 45F to 51F (7C to 10C) today. Another blanket on the bed day. Nothing much planned for an indoor day, cleaning out the canning shelves and bringing a few cases to someone who will enjoy them, mostly last year’s pickles.
Feel better Sic.
Have a great day. Pay it forward.

Good morning. It's 66 on its way to 78 ..... sunny now with rain arriving by noon. They're saying we might get an inch of rain. We need it! We're supposed to have a couple days of cooler temperatures. The grandkids are here. I'm going to watch some football. My wife is going to fry chicken today .... yum. Not much else is going on. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.
Hope you feel better Jason.

Dang, Dangler. Sounds like you had a really good day of fishing and catching. Congrats! Enjoy the chicken, bev, and games!

Jane, is amazing the cold front that you got. We are 200 miles from you and it was 92 for the high and you had 61 when I looked last. That’s insane! Today it’s even colder for you. A little cooler here 88.

I just received 12lbs of Reapers. Going to make AJ’s tried and true purée recipe. It’s always worked for me. Canning on the schedule tomorrow.

Tia e care you all!!!

Morning all, hope you're feeling better today Sic.
Cool out there rising to a balmy 28C - it's getting warm again.
BBQ and beer on the menu for today and after fighting brambles yesterday, not much else.
Have a relaxing Sunday everyone and keep cool

Good morning. It's overcast and 64F, on its way to 76F (rf 80F). Calling for periods of rain, some heavy, and a chance of flooding. Sounds like an indoors kinda day to me. Just as well, it's football time! Hope everybody has a peaceful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Crazy weather, 39F-74F predicted. We’re about a 4 hour drive to Chuck’s area, with very different climates at times. Not a lot of rain in either places, though the western part of CO is usually warmer.
Not much planned for today, too wet and cold to enjoy the garden. Lazy day. We watched “Elizabeth” yesterday, maybe a movie today.
Have a wonderful day. Pay it forward.

Good morning. Indeed crazy weather. It's 58 on its way to 76. It's cool and crisp. I need to pick superhots this morning. After that, it's football watching. Made a big pot of chili earlier this morning to eat on all day. Not much else is going on. Beverages during the Chiefs game. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.

What! No Sic! Hope your alright brother.

Nothing really planned today. Process 12lbs of peppers. Don’t know how many that is, but it’s a lot. Clean, cut and inspect. Then I freeze before making mash for purée. Helps break it down into nice smooth texture.

Have a good day, unless you’ve made other plans.

Morning all - chilly this a.m., rising to a balmy 35C - oh joy! Sweaty September.
I'm bitten to buggery after working in the garden this weekend, think I've got aoutats as well :(
Work this morning, then the day is mine, all mine :D
Have a good Monday and keep cool.

Good morning. It's 50 on its way to 80. Crisp, chilly morning. Working in the office this morning and then mowing this afternoon (it doesn't look too bad .... I'm thinking 3 hours of mowing and 1 hour of trimming). Looks like I need to make a fuel run before I can mow. I also noticed I need a new spool of trimmer line. Didn't get the super hots harvested yesterday .... I need to get that done too. Kind of busy but not too bad. I expect grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Back