• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's cloudy and 34F, on its way to 48F. Supposed to be windy this afternoon. Not much planned for today. Thinking about taking cuttings from the potted lemon tree and trying to propagate. Once I figure out how of course, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 34 on its way to 40. The snow has melted. This is my last day in Salt Lake City. Returning to Kansas tomorrow. Busy day filled with meetings and business fun. Found a bag of weed in the hotel parking lot this morning. Somebody's going to be missing that :)! I left it on the car next to where I found it. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Morning hotties, TGIF!

@catherinew How did the surgery go? 🀞
@Harry_Dangler Did you leave a note with your gift for the neighboring (sp?) car? 😁
@Tinkerbelle099 It's a bit to early to start seedlings now. Better wait just a bit more. But that's just my advice. πŸ™ƒ

I'm off to a really slow start and I might extend the slowness throughout the day. I'll check on my seedlings, but I don't have much else on my to do list today. Love it!

If I decide to go to the allotment, I need to prepare. I bet the clay soil will have turned into knee-deep quicksand with all the rain from the past few days. (Woodstock here we come! πŸ˜„)

Wooo hooo Friday - another dark, damp, muddy day on the cards.
Work this afternoon, hope it doesn't rain.
Did I mention I hate January?
@Ratatouille as much as I miss getting the compost out there'll be nothing happening until the wind dies down and we have a bit of sun. I'm a frustrated gardener right now behaving like a bored teenager :lol:
Have a fabby Friday, keep warm, calm and smile :D

Been up since 1130, went to bed a little after 8. Rain, thunder and lightning is her for the next few hours and we are at our high of 61. We will not be doing much at all today. Wife is up and dogs are fed so Im going to eat something and watch a movie. Hoping a nap happens, once the sun comes up if Im awake there is zero chance I will get any sleep until night fall.

Harry, I hope it wasnt their weed but are surprised and grateful,lol. Fast healing for your family member Catherine. Have a great day and goo d morning.

Good morning. It's 33 this morning in Salt Lake. Heading to the airport in a few minutes to go back home. Nothing else going on today. Of all the places to find a bag of weed .... I would not have picked Salt Lake City! Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 42F, on its way to 46F. Front moving through. Supposed to get cold, windy and a chance of flurries. Can't wait (not). Have some errands to run today, then home and chill. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. 24-50F, with snow slowly melting. Lunch with girlfriends and working on seeds on todays docket.
@Ratatouille, the kidney stone(s) have been removed quicker than I thought and family member can finally sleep w/out pain and drugs. Thanks to everyone for thinking of her.
Sic - I cannot imagine how horrible your weather has been. Stay inside, warm and toasty. Harry - safe travels home. The January Blues are still here, gloomy and high winds. Prayers for CA and AL, and all people caught in the horrible weather.
Have a blessed day and stay safe.

Morning my chirping early birds!

Today won't be much of an outside day, as there's still lots of rain, wind. I believe we're to expect a cold front the coming week(s). I think I'll just ignore that for now.

We're halfway through the month (I'm bad a math, no judging), so I am allowed to sow a second small batch of peppers. (I might or might not have started soaking them yesterday.)

Apart from rummaging through soil, I have a visit to the hardware store planned. I want to get some new chains for my growlights. The hanging method I use right now is about to give in. Don't want the lights crashing down on my seedlings.

Happy weekend!

Morning all - another wet, windy, dark day - rinse and repeat to the end of the month. Cold front expected for next week - oh joy!
Kill me now. Did I mention I hate January?
Not much planned for today - I'm looking at starting a proper grow list (proper? really? I said that?) for early starters and then main crop.
And that's it for a wet Saturday - have a good one chilli heads and keep dry, warm, calm and smiley (even though it's January) :lol:

Good morning. 33-55F predicted, windy with smog over the downtown. Glad we don’t live there. Shopping for half price seeds at one nursery today, mostly flowers. I’m still working on the basement - it may take like longer than I thought. Time for more purging of seeds 10+ years old.
Enjoy your day, find something to laugh about. Remember GIP’s great attitude S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Back in the middle. It's 25 on its way to 48. Watching Premier League this morning and NFL Playoffs later on. The grand kiddos are here keeping Grandma busy. Big breakfast in a few minutes. Been sorting through thousands of seed varieties. My plan is to go old school this year and grow out varieties that I haven't grown in years. I think tonight is pizza night. Be safe and be good.

It's overcast and 32F, on its way to 37F. Windchill will be in the teens and twenties all day/night. Staying inside today sounds like a good idea. Since everybody likes starting their seeds in the middle of Winter (you know who you are lol), I need to get off my duff and get some seed requests out the door. Probably watch some NFL this afternoon. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Good morning!

Back