• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 42F, on its way to 48F. Cleared out enough stuff to get the gator in the pole barn yesterday. Took most the afternoon, ha. Had a vet appointment for this afternoon but the vet needed to take the day off. Of course they called at 7:15am to let us know. Hate those calls in the middle of the night. 🙂 Now the afternoon is open, lol. Hey, it is Margarita Monday. There's a thought! Safe travels Harry. Sic, here she is, all cleaned up and ready to work.

IMG_20230108_153952518~2.jpg

Good morning. 29-56F, still too cold to do anything outside. Dr., shopping, errands, then the afternoon is mine. The basement needs attention, maybe later. I’m still waiting for a few seeds, so I may to check out the local nursery when it opens at the end of the month.
Have a wonderful day. Be blessed and healthy.

Good morning. It's overcast and 28F, on its way to 45F. Kind of a blah day. Might do some seed organizing/garden planning today - dunno. The AMT 600 (all materials transport) came out in 86/87 and was the predecessor of the modern-day Gator, which came out in '89 or so. Kawasaki engine - 286cc I think. This one has an electric dump bed, which comes in handy. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all you lovely duckies,

I'm almost ready for a day at the office again, even though I'd secretly stay at home, staring at my two seedlings. But that’s not how it works, right?

I'm prepping for a big event that's planned for next week. In Dutch we say 'de laatste loodjes'. I think that would translate to 'the home stretch'? This means I'll be away from home from next week Tuesday for a week, with no-one to look after my seedlings. The horror. 🙉 I really do need to get me a time switch for my grow lights.

Happy Wednesday!

Good morning. Windy, cloudy, hoping for rain. Think I have the January Blues like many of the people here. At least we don’t have the catastrophe that is California right now. I cannot imagine the destruction that is happening there.
I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy, looking forward to a wonderful summer garden.

Good morning. Another overcast day and 25F, on its way to 44F. Showers later this afternoon. Good day to stay indoors. Sheriff came by the other day. Says 'Are you Mr. Downriver?'. I said yes, he hands me a piece a paper and says 'Congratulations, you have jury duty'. Three month gig starting next week. Isn't that special! Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Morning chickens - Thursday nearly Friday - rain has stopped, wind has dropped - it's making me suspicious. ETA just been out there, I lied about the wind 🌪️
Catching up with paperwork today and still thinking about starting off the chilli seeds. I want a sunny day to convince myself it's nearly Springtime.
Have a good one - stay calm, warm and smiley :D

Last edited:
Tree trimming job this morning. Wife is headed to grocery store so we can hunker down the next couple days. Rain and cold front with 3 days of lows at 30. I fully realize its not as cold as yall but we cant even buy the cloths yall can in your stores. Ive got jackets from Watertown NY that Florida natives have only seen in movies,lol. I believe the wife is making corn dogs without the sticks "GAG" tonight? If you havent seen Prisoners on Netflix its a must. It does have violence if your not into that type of thing. Amazing movie! Hope everyone has a great day and good morning.

Back