• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Happy Sunday. It's 38 on its way to 55. A gorgeous winter morning. Bright and sunny. The sky seems filled with migratory waterfowl. Watching a couple matches while finalizing the 2023 grow list this morning. I won't do any seed starting for at least 45 days. I need to vacuum the basement too. Watching the NFL playoffs after that. Got out some rib eyes to grill mid afternoon. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 31-45F, cloudy with possible snow flurries. Usual Sunday morning, then the basement calls. Maybe today I’ll have help deciding what to donate or toss. Tossing seeds is not my favorite, but it has to be done. Sic-the January blues are everywhere - hopefully they’ll fade when the seeds get into the soil in a few weeks.
Have a great day and remember to laugh at this gloomy weather. It soon will fade.

Good morning. It's sunny and 26F, on its way to 43F. Not a balmy day by any means. Worked on bagging up some seeds for folks yesterday. Hope to finish up today and get pkgs in the mail tomorrow. Plan on watching some NFL today. Not much else planned. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Morning people - Monday again, there's too many Mondays in this world.
We're on Orange Alerte today, wind is roaring around, torrential rain and the sky is blacker than a black thing. Storm Gerard is hitting hard.
I would think all outdoor activities will be cancelled. So I'll just stay in bed :lol:
Did I mention that I hate January?
Have a good one regardless of the weather, be safe, calm and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny and 29F, on its way to 54F. Should be an ok day. Still working on seed pkgs. Will finish today and mail out tomorrow. Need to dig out something to wear to jury duty tomorrow. Hey @midwestchilehead! Have jurors ever been dismissed due to inappropriate attire? I could be on to something here! Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Morning sweet peppers,

Not sure about the weather. It's dark outside and I haven't opened a door. It isn't summer yet, that I can tell.

About to go to work and planning to stay away for a week. Might leave tonight or tomorrow very early in the morning. I hope my two little seedlings will survive. It's always somewhat difficult trusting a partner who *says* they will look after them, but whom I'm suspecting of plotting something sinister, like taking over my part of the garage again for futile matters, such as cars.

@Downriver Good luck with jury duty. (Amd your outfit of the day!) I have a broad idea of how it works, but don't know the details. How long do you think it will last if you have to take a guess?

@Harry_Dangler Hope the dental surgery of your wife was swift and painless.

Morning chickens - it's dark, cold, wet and windy out there - quelle surprise!
Colder weather moving in for the rest of the week, snow forecast, bet it won't be enough for a snowball fight.
And it's still fuffing January. How I yearn for the day when I wake up and January has pissed off.
Yesterday wasn't totally a wash out, although windy the rain stopped and I managed to get work done :D
Work all day in the rain, wetsuit and flask of coffee at the ready.
Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, calm and laugh a lot.

@Downriver from what I've seen and read you can wear whatever you like for jury duty - not a comedy feather boa and g-string obvs.
Although if you do wear g-string and feather boa we need photos.

Good morning. It's sunny and 29F, on its way to 54F. Should be an ok day. Still working on seed pkgs. Will finish today and mail out tomorrow. Need to dig out something to wear to jury duty tomorrow. Hey @midwestchilehead! Have jurors ever been dismissed due to inappropriate attire? I could be on to something here! Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.
Actually, they have, but it has to be something pretty outrageous, like a shirt that says "bring in the next guilty bastard," or "Dallas Cowboys." :-) Good luck to you!

Good morning. It's 31 on its way to 50. Chilly and partly cloudy. Drove to the office this morning. It will be a long work-day. My last meeting starts at 2100 tonight! I've been summoned for jury duty at least 6 times. Never selected for a trial. They have made all their selections before they get to me. Never even been interviewed. Not complaining :)! Wife's surgery went OK. She's recovering today. She can't eat anything solid so I guess I'm on my own this evening. Looking forward to semi-retirement again in April. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy, waiting for snow tonight. We have Monday’s errands, a quick trip to the grocery store, plus drop off boxes to ARC. I found some tulip bulbs in the garage that I failed to plant in October, so most got planted in a couple of jars. Maybe they’ll bloom despite my neglect. I’m glad Harry’s wife is done with surgery. Give her a special healing hug.
Have a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning. It's raining and 34F, on its way to 54F. Supposed to clear by afternoon. Well, jury duty has been postponed for a week. Implied it is Covid related. Just as well. Too wet outside for all the feathers and whatnot. :D I think the Cowboys t-shirt is an excellent idea John, but I just can't bring myself to wear one. So, with an unexpected free day, I got nothing planned. Guess it'll just be another wing-it day. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning my happy bees.

Packing my stuff for the trip I am about to embark on. Saying goodbye to the seedlings. Accidently splashed a bit to much water over them because I was trying to do everything at once. (I hope they survive the next couple of days without me looming over them. 😀)

The rest of the day will be mostly spend in the car. If anyone wants to share a good roadtrip song, be welcome.

I'll have one more coffee and then I'm off.

Enjoy your Wednesday people and remember, It's almost Friday! 💃

Last edited:
Morning all - hump day is upon us.
After all the rain and wind, we now have frost - I like cold, frosty mornings.
Trips out and errands today.
Have a safe trip @Ratatouille - I'm sure the sproutlings will survive.
And the rest of you be warm, safe and smiley
Internet is playing the hokey cokey this a.m. - up down in out shake it all about :lol:

Last edited:
Never road yesterday, lazy and OMS had company arriving. Going to start work fencing a new paddock. It will take a while not due to size but need to wait on water to go down to fence everything but might as well get started. Pork chops and mashed potatoes this evening. Have a great day and good morning.

Back